Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that when I first saw a photo of GL, I took an instant dislike to him. I can't really explain why, except that I straightaway felt that he isn't the sort of person that I would like or have anything in common with. I suppose you could call this bias, but I have never felt like that before.

Victorian Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill said police had been provided 'specific' information as to where to find the burial site within the Great Alpine region.

Why cops kept the 'crime scene location' a secret in the case of missing campers | Daily Mail Online

Quick Question - If he has disclosed where they are buried, would they not take him there in person, for him to show where they are. This would also be used as more evidence. what do you all think...

I must say that when I first saw a photo of GL, I took an instant dislike to him. I can't really explain why, except that I straightaway felt that he isn't the sort of person that I would like or have anything in common with. I suppose you could call this bias, but I have never felt like that before.
Is that his selfie? He didn't realize he was taking his own mugshot.

Part of my problem with it was how media magnified it hugely on the screen. It was only meant to be a tiny avatar, I think.

Victorian Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill said police had been provided 'specific' information as to where to find the burial site within the Great Alpine region.

Why cops kept the 'crime scene location' a secret in the case of missing campers | Daily Mail Online
Just a comment, it is the DM which is making the assumption that 'crime scene' = 'burial site'. That's not exactly what the Assistant Commissioner said, see post 103 above for quotes from his statement.

Pretty sure police work succeeds because they are careful not to jump to conclusions about what they will find, before they find it.

I have a theory on what happened. RH has been flying the drone which has driven GL to despair. GL decided he would seek revenge. GL waited for the right opportunity and shot out a gas bottle on their campsite whilst they were away from the area flying the drone that subsequently caused an inferno. RC knew it was GL and approached GL in the company of CC. Arguement occurred and GL shot & killed them both. The bodies were taken away complete with phones and drone. I alos believe GL has given a no comment interview. You do not confess a crime to spend the rest of your life in a jail cell. Pilots are very good under pressure and so are SK!.

You are an insider because you knew GL and you knew him before the incident. Your insight into what you know about him would be valuable to build a picture of this man. Of course, biases for or against him will be taken into consideration, your posts would be very much appreciated here. Thank you :)

Tricia's post about insider verification -

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc.

Insiders

If you have not known the family or friends prior to the incident, you most likely will not need to be verified.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Done

Just a comment, it is the DM which is making the assumption that 'crime scene' = 'burial site'. That's not exactly what the Assistant Commissioner said, see post 103 above for quotes from his statement.

its from the article so no idea but it says they are quoting him, so maybe it was a question asked later

I have a theory on what happened. RH has been flying the drone which has driven GL to despair. GL decided he would seek revenge. GL waited for the right opportunity and shot out a gas bottle on their campsite whilst they were away from the area flying the drone that subsequently caused an inferno. RC knew it was GL and approached GL in the company of CC. Arguement occurred and GL shot & killed them both. The bodies were taken away complete with phones and drone. I alos believe GL has given a no comment interview. You do not confess a crime to spend the rest of your life in a jail cell. Pilots are very good under pressure and so are SK!.

I like this part of the theory re. shooting out a gas bottle, which caused the fire, mainly because I can't see why anyone would do that deliberately as it draws attention to it being a crime as opposed to the theory that the couple got lost in the bush etc..

Quick Question - If he has disclosed where they are buried, would they not take him there in person, for him to show where they are. This would also be used as more evidence. what do you all think...

I was thinking if he has told them, the reason they haven't taken him is because of how isolated the location is. Now I'm not familiar with the area and I think it's quite a trek, but I can't imagine LE is driving in and out each day. So many it's not feasible to have a prisoner out there. That's just my thought process. Does anyone have better knowledge of the area? Would LE be camping out there and working? Or are towns near by?

I don't mind the gas bottle theory either and your idea that the drone bothering GL is probable. Something happened out there to annoy GL a lot

But I'm leaning more towards he shot them both :( took their phones & the drone & their bodies :( and then he torched the campsite to get rid of evidence. Then he took off to dispose of everything JMO

But I do think he's told the police everything, I don't doubt that pilots would be fantastic under pressure, they would have to be! But the police are also very good under pressure and they are great with putting the pressure on when they need to

JMO

No one wanted to be in the car with him for the drive out there?

Nah, I don't know the reason why they didn't take him out there, but my feeling is that it was not required.

They had more than enough evidence, he told them everything they needed to know, he drew them a map? Could be a lot of reasons

IMO

Only the youngest child, a teenager, lived at home by all accounts. Given the 2 children he had with his first wife must be aged over 22, they have quite likely moved out of home by now. His wife worked as a flight attendant so might have been on a shift while he was rostered off.

Maybe the beehives are sitting on hidden evidence, with the bees there to deter people looking closely, but it's more likely any evidence would be buried in the bush somewhere.
That's actually a good theory, no one would dare look under or around his beehive boxes! :p
He would've needed the trailer to transport the beehives out into the bush and fields too, I wonder how he got around it?

Does this scenario work with the missing sleeping bags? I don't believe it does.

If you're going camping by yourself, is it normal to take a trailer with you?
I know there are one's that have a folding canopy on them that you can sleep in but there is no indication in the Police appeals for the trailer that this is the case.

Sooo, if it was a normal trailer, is it something a hunter would take to put their deer carcasses in?

Imo, that's what will happen if he confesses and gives an estimated place of disposal. It's filmed and used as evidence in court and is marked as a point in his favour, if the investigators have to find the bodies without his help, that's not exactly co-operating, but he could feign a memory problem. :rolleyes: imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member