Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More ....

Motive?
Random camper said fire was cold (next day) when they saw it. Leaning toward fire happening late in the evening on 20th.
Everything that takes an image is gone. Drone, phones.
Boots are missing. They had their boots on.
There has been some kind of conflict, altercation. Russell wouldn't take any crapola from anyone. Something could have got out of hand.

Area so remote to put in a drug crop. Experience says drug crop would be closer to an accessible area, not there.

Musterer thinks there may have been illegal hunters. Caught on the drone camera. Confrontation of handing over drone.
When he searched for Russell and Carol saw a large amount of dead deer. Dead stags with antlers missing. Every 200/300 metres, another dead deer. 50 metres from Russell's camp, a dead deer only dead a few days. He thinks illegal hunters spotlighting at night.

Rob tell story about camping, person standing at the edge of the campsite at night, when one of them rushed over to check his vehicle, person disappeared.
oh no how cruel! i didnt hear that!
yes the person was stalking them pretty much and disappeared, those campers so freaked theyve never been back

One thing I do find intriguing is that the tent & belongings were burnt to cinders. Was it done to hide dna evidence or was it done out of anger?
If it was to hide dna then whoever the culprits were must have gone into the tent and done something ie dragged Russell & Carol out
If it was out of anger, what sort of anger? Jealous anger ie family or anger that the drone had seen/photographed something illegal?

and everything had been thrown into the tent to burn, chairs etc, it must have been a very hot fire with accelerant and a controlled fire, the truck was saved from burning, so the person stayed long enough to put it out

Re the CWA.

Does that mean they removed the honour from Carol ?

It sounds as if in every newsletter they list the honour members (only 6 of them including Carol - Carol was 110% devoted to them said another CWA member).
Now, Carol's name has been removed from the newsletter list. I don't know if they have officially removed the 'honour' but they are making a judgement due to the affair.

Just wish there had been CCTV around.
I wonder how much the traffic around the area was looked into.

I know they said there were still owners of some vehicles who hadn't come forward.
That seems suspicious but maybe some might have been with someone they want to keep secret and might be completely innocent of anything to do with Russell and Carol.

One thing I do find intriguing is that the tent & belongings were burnt to cinders. Was it done to hide dna evidence or was it done out of anger?
If it was to hide dna then whoever the culprits were must have gone into the tent and done something ie dragged Russell & Carol out
If it was out of anger, what sort of anger? Jealous anger ie family or anger that the drone had seen/photographed something illegal?

I find it intriguing, too. They didn't really address why the tent and belongings were burned. Just addressed the nature of the fire, deliberate, everything thrown in, then put out before it could burn the vehicle or anything else.

I guess it is possible that blood was on some of the belongings, if they were shot by hunters. But why throw everything into the fire? To conceal that the sleeping bags were missing? Doesn't make a lot of sense. They could have left that big drum outside still, and the chairs/whatever.

And yet they left the vehicle unburned, just looted for bankcards/credit cards/maybe cash. Did they have gloves on? Is there DNA/ fingerprint evidence? Were they interrupted before they could drive the truck away?

Saw your post after I posted about DNA. You'd think rummaging around would leave a DNA mark.
But not if wearing gloves, like you said.

And yet they left the vehicle unburned, just looted for bankcards/credit cards/maybe cash. Did they have gloves on? Is there DNA/ fingerprint evidence? Were they interrupted before they could drive the truck away?

Saw your post after I posted about DNA. You'd think rummaging around would leave a DNA mark.
But not if wearing gloves, like you said.

I think it is possible that they may have "unknown DNA" and until they can match it up to someone it will stay unknown.

And that is only the beginning of trying to charge anyone with the crime.

I’m intrigued by the dear carcasses and missing antlers. Would that be so lucrative it would be worth killing 2 people for it? I really have no idea.

It seems also strange the car was locked and someone has taken the key with them. This to me too would lead to someone who wouldn’t wanted it stolen or further rummaged through or destroyed.
There is of course the possibility too that the perp(s) wanted to take it themselves but got interrupted and were planning to go back for it later on.

Hopefully LE did indeed found DNA which with a little luck one day could yield a suspect. Even if they had gloves on, they could have lost at least some hair in the car for example.

The show consolidated my opinion about their relationship and that they have been murdered.

the gas bottles being inside the tent and the fire tells me someone wanted to hide some sort of evidence.

I’m not surprised to hear about the CWA removing Carols name, lots of judgement and Mrs mangel types (aussies will recall the tv character)

Apparently there are organised crime gangs involved in the deer poaching up there too:
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...dy-count-piles-up-police-20150112-12memw.html
Also, looking back on pics, is it possible that there are bullet holes in the side of the 4wd's canopy? Easier to see if you enlarge the 1st pic of the vehicle:
Shocking twist in the case of missing campers as cops say they may have been AMBUSHED | Daily Mail Online
If police could trace the missing campers phones to an area before they reached the valley they should be able to search records of any mobile phones that went past that tower during that time as well and follow up with each one.
I missed the show on tv, but watched it later online, I wish Liz Hayes had talked a little less and let some of the people she had there finish what they were saying as she interrupted them several times and they did not get to say everything they could have said.

It was very informative. We were told a lot about the fire which at the beginning way back was inferred that a charging battery started the fire. Plus how chairs etc were all set up in the tent. I believed they were murdered by An intruder. But who?
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member