Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing.

I was also thinking that perhaps no drone was handed in but they want certain people to think it was.

I was surprised that the Police released the info that the drone has been found. I thought they would sit on this info until it had been examined. Perhaps they have some people in their sites and want to see what chit chat this find creates?

Drone handed to police not connected to missing High Country pair

Detectives had been investigating whether it was Mr Hill's missing drone.

But in a statement this morning, police said the Missing Person Squad had determined it was a different device.

"Despite this, investigators will continue to analyse the drone to determine its origins," police said.

This was too good to be true...
Still, it could be helpful if it flied while RC and CC were there. Fingers crossed it will be useful anyway.
It could also belong to someone who has something to do with their disappearance.

It could have been lost at another time entirely of course and completely unrelated.

I think something must be going on. A further step in the investigation.

The police have the capability to track down every single white dual cab vehicle in the state. (Remember them tracking down every vehicle like Karen Ristevski's car?) They could certainly narrow down who they are looking at for this.

And now the drone. "Oh, someone has found a drone that could be Russell's drone" Not a hiker, not a camper, not a sightseer ... someone. In fact, they don't even say someone. Just that it was handed to them.
And then "Oh, it's not his drone"

Whoever did this wants neither Russell or Carol to ever be found..but for the reason of some drone activity? That seems like overkill for a stranger. This to me looks planned...things were taken and people were moved. I honestly think a spontaneous murder would have been messier as people panic and things get left behind. This was quite methodical in some ways.

Whoever did this wants neither Russell or Carol to ever be found..but for the reason of some drone activity? That seems like overkill for a stranger. This to me looks planned...things were taken and people were moved. I honestly think a spontaneous murder would have been messier as people panic and things get left behind. This was quite methodical in some ways.

I totally agree. Something about that scene is so incredibly unsettling. Very organised and planned for a murder. That is why I don't think it is an illegal deer hunter.

When a family member is murdered by other family members they often stage it to look like a robbery gone bad to deflect attention for example Jennifer Pan, Erin Caffey, etc. The locked car gives it away as a ruse. It would have been left unlocked if it was a real robbery gone bad. I also doubt they would stay to control the fire and the scene would be more chaotic in my opinion.

I am not always right...sometimes I am way off but it just feels like someone they know. Possibly family or even a friend. Russell was wealthy and having a decades long affair, I just feel it is something related to that. I know that occasionally there are just violent psychopaths out there who want to hurt people but I think it is less likely due to the scene.

You have to be cool as a cucumber to murder two people, set a fire, watch and wait it for it to burn only the areas containing trace evidence, ensure the fire doesn't destroy the ute, fake a robbery by stealing bank cards that are never used & most likely discarded with their bodies at another location.

Last edited:
I just don't seem to get a "wealthy" feeling from any of the photos I've seen of Russell.

Even the car and the drone seem to me to be what the average person would buy.

Apparently he was a wealthy man. Not everyong with wealth flaunts it. Both he and Carol were comfortable but Russell did have some health ailments. Perhaps he amended his will?

i take it you all have been watching the channel 9 show

it makes it seems more to me from the personal accounts that they may have got lost and injured and perished and someone has come along and trashed the camp site, this whole shooters commiting murder only makes sense really as they kill them with random fire and then panicked

chances of finding a different random drone out there is very small

hopefully the SD card has something good on it

Apparently he was a wealthy man

his best friend on the channel 9 doco states he was a wealthy man, he would eat T-bone steak not bread with drippings his mate said

Last edited:
i take it you all have been watching the channel 9 show

it makes it seems more to me from the personal accounts that they may have got lost and injured and perished and someone has come along and trashed the camp site, this whole shooters commiting murder only makes sense really as they kill them with random fire and then panicked

And yet the police are looking at foul play, and I think there must be a reason for that. We might not know the reason, but they do.

I have always been curious about why the police went and picked up Russell's vehicle again, after they had returned it.
Back in the threads we always wondered if something came up, after they returned the vehicle, and they decided they better forensically check it from bumper to bumper.

Last edited:
And yet the police are looking at foul play, and I think there must be a reason for that. We might not know the reason, but they do.

if someone has killed them and if they had taken the drone.. why then dump the drone for someone to find? wouldn't they destroy it and probably bin it

i still think its equally likely they wandered off in to the bush and succumbed to the elements after an injury or heart attack, i think those two things murder and natural death are 50/50 in this case

because no matter what the police say, unless there is some great evidence or clues on the drone.. they have nothing over a year now and not a single solid theory about what happened to them or where they might be

also in the doco the bogeyman story the friend told... sounded exactly that a bogeyman story you tell at a campfire ( the one about the strange man who stalked the group and magically appeared at their camp fire and then disappeared back in to the darkness )

to me again the only "murder" scenario that makes sense is that the deer shooters killed them by accident, because they were special goggles or glasses to see the infrared during night shoots, so its possible they shot them with a stray bullet and freaked

i don't think they ran off either to start a new life, they are too old and too secure with their lives to have to worry about doing that, one was divorced and the other had a wife who knew about the affair and seemed to not care, so if they wanted to start a life together they would have been able to without an issue

Last edited:
I just don't seem to get a "wealthy" feeling from any of the photos I've seen of Russell.

Even the car and the drone seem to me to be what the average person would buy.

I agree that he doesn't appear wealthy but his wife and children would have some idea. His mate knew he was well off, so it wasn't unknown. It may not be clear to a stranger, but those who knew him mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB