Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know murder suicide has been ruled out, but it would be a much simpler scenario, what if they had argued, it became violent and accidentally fatal, blood in the tent so it was burnt down to destroy evidence, sparing the precious truck and the body dragged into denser bush where the other suicided?
obviously police have reasons for ruling this out, but it was my first thought when i heard they were missing, that or a familiar person?
Destroying evidence and suiciding seem an unlikely combination.

Vulnerable from what and who ?.. I'd feel Vulnerable just camping in a place with crossfiring hunters. I'd have to be in suit of armor too feel safe in them hills
I just meant that if someone wanted to dispose of Carol and Russell, it would probably be easier to do it out in the middle of nowhere, rather than in a town with locks, lights, potential witnesses, etc.

I just meant that if someone wanted to dispose of Carol and Russell, it would probably be easier to do it out in the middle of nowhere, rather than in a town with locks, lights, potential witnesses, etc.
Not sure I agree that it would be easier.

IMO, the vast majority of murders (not just of family members and friends, but of strangers too) happen in places that are very familiar to the perp, because these are places where the perp feels in control. A strange place feels too risky and unpredictable. A perp can plan how to overcome locks, lights, etc in a familiar place. In a strange place they face unexpected obstacles, such as getting lost, nearby campers, victims escaping, etc.

JMO

I feel too, If it was unplanned, maybe the bush ? Little unused tracks to get a distance or if known to perp would probably have had a plan and agree that in they're own surroundings would feel more in control and confident of them being not found

Not sure I agree that it would be easier.

IMO, the vast majority of murders (not just of family members and friends, but of strangers too) happen in places that are very familiar to the perp, because these are places where the perp feels in control. A strange place feels too risky and unpredictable. A perp can plan how to overcome locks, lights, etc in a familiar place. In a strange place they face unexpected obstacles, such as getting lost, nearby campers, victims escaping, etc.

JMO
True - but Carol's place was quite new, wasn't it? So unfamiliar to a perp. But who knows - all I know is that we're really struggling here.

police have a suspect , more evidence needed, consider all theories as not even close. it will blow your mind when they arrest him and they will get him.

it would be best to hand yourself in its only a matter of time now.

Give us a hint.
Person is known to them.

We’ve looked at his wife, his/her mates, their children, her husband, deer shooters, drop bears, wild pigs, dogs, other campers or some random redneck person who just might have followed them.

Who else is there?

Last edited:
police have a suspect , more evidence needed, consider all theories as not even close. it will blow your mind when they arrest him and they will get him.

Any alluding to inside information is not allowed on Websleuths according to the rules.

Maybe insider1 could put this into a ‘theory’ rather than a fact.
Eg: ‘In my opinion’ or ‘could this have happened’

A business matter gone wrong ? . Anyone gone on a very long holiday?

Last edited:
Love, Lust, Loathing Or Loot — What Makes A Killer Kill?

Unless we have a serial killer out there.

Cops usually look at the last person who saw them. Russell’s mate spoke with him and he might be the only person who knew where they were going.

How well did Russell’s mate know Carol and who did he tell?

I’d like to know more about this mouthy mate.

I think it’s more about love, lust or loathing and sprinkle a measure of jealousy into the mix.

But then it could be about the loot their partners/family had been or going to be duped out of.

Why couldn’t Russell come clean? Cowardice or conniving?
He might have been simply using Carol with no intention of commitment.

Love, Lust, Loathing Or Loot — What Makes A Killer Kill? | Oxygen Official Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member