Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could say I have that feeling but I feel it's going to be one of those cases where an answer isn't going to be found.

Sometimes these things take so long, don't they? We have cases here that have taken 3 years before anyone has been arrested. We also have cases where people stumble on remains a long, long time later.

Living with this uncertainty has got to be excrutiating for the families.

Is anyone certain that Carol was at the camping ground?

It just occurred to me that the missing hours from the 7.30 Am pick-up Thursday until the arrival late afternoon on Friday that something is not right regarding this time period.

Just because her things were in the truck doesn't mean she was there. IMO

I posted earlier that they were off grid the first night for romance. You’re thinking murder? Then suicide? What a thought!

I posted earlier that they were off grid the first night for romance. You’re thinking murder? Then suicide? What a thought!
That first day/night (Thursday) may be a big key to solving this case.

I have not found a shred of info from LE or media about that night. As you said way back in the thread Midwestmom2019, the info released re. timeframes is so conflicting.

Possibilities-
*Did they actually get to the Wonnangatta campsite on Thursday and RH just didn't want to tell his mate that and said he'd arrived there Friday afternoon instead?

* Did they set up camp on Thursday night in a spot they didn't like and packed up and re set up camp at the Wonnangatta site on Friday?

* Since RH is so organised (his short solo trip shows this) perhaps it was his normal camping style to only stay at spots for one night and move the camp on ?

* Did they stay in a hotel or BNB ?

* As ThaiBali mentioned there is no one that has seen or spoke to CC after her neighbour saw her leaving home with RH so we can't even be sure that she was at the Wonnangatta camp ?

That first day/night (Thursday) may be a big key to solving this case.

I have not found a shred of info from LE or media about that night. As you said way back in the thread Midwestmom2019, the info released re. timeframes is so conflicting.

Possibilities-
*Did they actually get to the Wonnangatta campsite on Thursday and RH just didn't want to tell his mate that and said he'd arrived there Friday afternoon instead?

* Did they set up camp on Thursday night in a spot they didn't like and packed up and re set up camp at the Wonnangatta site on Friday?

* Since RH is so organised (his short solo trip shows this) perhaps it was his normal camping style to only stay at spots for one night and move the camp on ?

* Did they stay in a hotel or BNB ?

* As ThaiBali mentioned there is no one that has seen or spoke to CC after her neighbour saw her leaving home with RH so we can't even be sure that she was at the Wonnangatta camp ?

I am pretty impressed that Russell would travel 6 hours, set up (even a basic) camp, and travel 6 hours back on the overnight trip.

I have camped a lot for the last two summers - at different locations. It is time consuming, a significant amount of work, to get the tent up and get things comfy. And I doubt I would drive for 12 hours for a quick overnight camp after 6 of those hours.

I am pretty impressed that Russell would travel 6 hours, set up (even a basic) camp, and travel 6 hours back on the overnight trip.

I have camped a lot for the last two summers - at different locations. It is time consuming, a significant amount of work, to get the tent up and get things comfy. And I doubt I would drive for 12 hours for a quick overnight camp after 6 of those hours.

Some people are really high energy people. Or he was driven by something to go to those lengths. Chances are there was something he was close to obsessed with. To think he murdered her Thursday then proceeded to suicide the next day, astounds me. LE did not give us the impression that was the case. Rather, third person foul play was involved.

Some people are really high energy people. Or he was driven by something to go to those lengths. Chances are there was something he was close to obsessed with. To think he murdered her Thursday then proceeded to suicide the next day, astounds me. LE did not give us the impression that was the case. Rather, third person foul play was involved.

I don't think it was murder/suicide either.

I have thought almost right from the get-go that it sounded as if the police thought foul play was involved.

I agree with it not being murder/suicide.

I would like to think they took off somewhere for a new life together but sadly I don't believe that's what happened.

I think it's either an accident, but then where are they ?
Or foul play. possibly they came across someone or more who were up to something illegal. Possibly the drone captured something on camera.
Or they were shot by hunter/s accidentally.

I don't think it was murder/suicide either.

I have thought almost right from the get-go that it sounded as if the police thought foul play was involved.
I agree!

I don’t think it would take that long from Drouin it would be about 4 to 4 and a half hours. Still a long way for an over night stay.

Yes, surely the police would have traced their where abouts on the Thursday. There would be phone pings down the highway and probably things bought along the way, petrol, coffees? Before they were out of range?

Somebody said a while back, that if they had wanted to start a new life together, there wasn't any reason why they couldn't just do that - maybe move to somewhere interstate. There seems to have been no reason for a disappearance drama. I clung to this theory of vanishing to be together for quite a long time, not wanting to believe they had come to harm. But sadly I can't believe it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper