Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about him. Narcissism much?
Has he rehearsed his story so many times that he comes across as detatched. It's as if he thinks he will make it believable admitting to doing things that don't carry a life sentence and it has backfired. Now his narcisistic way of coolly telling his version makes cold blooded murder believable.

“All licensed shooters are familiar with the requirement to keep firearms safely stored and to prevent them falling into the hands of unlicensed people.

Each state and territory have their own unique Firearms Act and Regulations but with the same general underlying theme: You will be charged with an offence (breach of the Act) if you allow your firearm to be lost or stolen and/or it comes into the possession of an unlicensed person.

Victoria

Firearms should be transported in a padded cover or hard case, unloaded and preferably rendered inoperable. While being transported, firearms and ammunition should be kept out of sight and stored in separate receptacles that are either secured to the inside of your vehicle or in a lockable component of your vehicle and ammunition should be stored separately from the firearms in a part of the vehicle not readily accessible by an unauthorised person. A lockable glovebox would suffice provided the key to the glovebox is kept securely by the holder of the firearm licence and cannot be accessed by persons unauthorised to possess ammunition or firearms.

https://www.ssaa.org.au/?ss_news=guns-ammo-and-automobiles-a-breakdown-of-firearms-transportation

Regardless of GL’s version, had he not broken the rules, RH and CC might still be alive.
So much this.

Even if it wasn't against the law, any responsible gun owner would not leave a loaded gun or gun with easily accessible ammunition in a place someone could reach.

How elderly camper was shot dead in her pyjamas - as accused killer reveals the crucial role his Jetstar pilot skills played in the decision to cover-up their gruesome deaths​

'I thought "what am I going to do?" and my business, my profession, is working with decision-making pathways,' he told police.

'I mean you might think I made a terrible one here - but quick decisions to try to come to the best outcome, that's what I do.'

Lynn claimed if he had been a doctor or a tradesman, his actions might have been accepted more readily by police.

Last edited:
This Age article says that Lynn claims Russell came at him with a black handled kitchen knife. And that he later burned the knife and the drone, after he pulled the knife out of Russell's chest.

Did the police find the metal remains of these items? Would a knife's blade completely disintegrate in a fire?

False memory on my part. On searching the thread, there is no mention of him throwing the knife in the river along with the mobile phones

It was Rose River Road where he says he threw the mobile phones, car keys and the drone in the river.
Thanks to a post by @SouthAussie

Robyn Hill said Russell worked as a logger who could handle the physical rigours of camping, but said "he walked slow and he would think slow" in his later years. "I just thought he was getting old," she said.

Wife of slain Victorian camper did not know husband was still seeing secret lover when he disappeared, murder trial hears

Are we now meant to infer that he walked slowly to GL’s car, helped himself to the shotgun and a magazine of ammunition and sauntered back to his campsite?

According to the firearm rules, GL’s car should have been locked as it was in camp and the ammo should have been secured in a locked glovebox.

Parks Victoria state, “If you observe anyone causing damage to any park infrastructure such as buildings, gates or barriers or any other criminal activity such as theft from motor vehicles contact police on ‘000’.

Compliance and enforcement

I think there some truth to the GL theory. If it was cold blooded murder why would he kill them at their campsite leaving behind so much evidence. If he was seeking just to kill he could have lured them to another place and killed them leaving less chance of being caught and probably never being charged.

After he realised they were both dead, he started a methodical plan to cover up what had happened. “I just focused on getting the job done”.

After setting fire to the campsite, he bundled the bodies into his trailer, and drove through the night until he arrived at Union Spur Track. He hid the bodies with sticks and leaves before driving out of the area, stopping to buy petrol with $40 he had stolen from RH’s wallet. He knew that if he used a credit card it would be linked to him.

After they died, he panicked and knew that if he reported what had happened to police, he would lose his career and memberships of exclusive clubs he had recently been accepted into. “I panicked to save myself. An event like that, I’d be instantly banned for life and this was at a time when I was just finding a really happy place in the world. Family, career and my personal life outside of work. So this for me was a disaster. “I thought, ‘What else can I possibly do?’”

He then set himself a list of tasks to complete. “This had the potential of enabling me to live a normal life, if I were to cover it up. The objective was not to make them as such disappear, but for me to disappear. And then you knocked on my door.” He told detectives he never told his wife what had occurred.

Soon after CC was shot dead, RH ran at him with a black-handled kitchen knife and died when he fell on the knife during a struggle. The knife had penetrated the area around RH’s heart as they fell to the ground. He then pulled the knife from RH’s chest and later burnt it in a fire alongside the drone. The prosecution disputes his account and says Lynn killed them with murderous intent.

‘I’m innocent’: Lynn tells cops when charged with murder

What a truly loathsome, despicable, human being. He was responsible for the death of two elderly people and all he could think of was his career and memberships of exclusive clubs where he’d be banned for life at a time when he was just finding a really happy place in the world. No remorse for what he’s done and how it’s affected the victim’s families. As if that’s not bad enough, he then set himself a list of tasks to complete. OMG, words fail me. Talk about coldblooded. This won’t go down well with the jury.

One thing that stands out to me is .... Russell has never been described as a hunter. Yet, supposedly, Russell's first instinct was to steal someone else's shotgun. To do what?
Then, supposedly, Russell's second instinct was to grab a knife, and rush at Lynn as if to harm him.

While supposedly running around in his pajamas.

Lynn is the one with a small arsenal of weapons. Lynn is the one who, apparently, is accustomed to killing living creatures.

imo

Graphic details.

Sitting in an interview room with two detectives, accused double murderer Greg Lynn told police he thought the pair were “trying to have fun in bed” before the fatal incident, a jury has been told.

Edited to say that this article contains more of the interview than I'd read elsewhere.

Last edited:
Seriously this bloke is so full of BS.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I don’t think it’s this blokes first rodeo.

Too much attention to detail from start to finish and knowledge how to cover this up very thoroughly.

I imagine most people would panic and *advertiser censored* themselves quickly if you were to kill 1 person let alone 2.

He is still not owning killing 2 innocent people, trying to worm out but he is stuffed.

IMO he is a gutless coward, he snuck up and killed Russell and Carol whilst they were in the tent when they went to bed.

Quick Bang Bang.

His blood boiled when he was already at that site and told Russell to camp elsewhere and Russell told Lynn to jam it up his posterior.

Weak gutless dog, this was NOT an accident surely the jury will see this IMO.

If Lynn suddenly got a guilty complex once he confessed to the Police, where is the missing trailer? He won’t ever say where this is and we all know why.

He put this in a lake somewhere quickly just before he sprayed the 4WD for the 2nd time.

Last edited:
Seriously this bloke is so full of BS.

I agree. IMO, before he was interviewed formally he'd had a very long time to come up with the story and test it from all sides using his so-called pathway methodology. To me he comes across as believing that he's the smartest person in any room and that people will swallow anything he says.

I just trust that the jury will reason that an innocent person doesn't take all of the many steps that he did to deliberately try to entirely cover his tracks and, in his own words, "disappear".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members