Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dann methodically going over the evidence & proving all the information given to police by Lynn to be true. Bringing Brett Florence to his knees. Game over for prosecution. Wonder what jury will make of it.

I think you're seeing what a defence team's job is to do.

It won't be game over for the prosecution.
We'll see how the closing arguments go.

Jury's aren't stupid. There are two people that have died by different lethal weapons in separate incidents and GL is saying he had virtually no part in either 'accident'. All whilst loud music is blaring...

Dann methodically going over the evidence & proving all the information given to police by Lynn to be true. Bringing Brett Florence to his knees. Game over for prosecution. Wonder what jury will make of it.
Don't give up hope just yet...

“As best we can, yes, we’ve tested all the theories,” Florence said.
“Was everything [Lynn] said to you true?” Dann asked.

“No,” Florence replied.

Brett has been in the job for around 30 years. Crossing my fingers that his experience and dedication is going to pay off in the case

The more he speaks the more despicable he seems.

Once Lynn has been convicted I am waiting for others to pipe up about him. Back when police announced that he was a person of interest, there were quite a few stories circulating about him from those who had worked with him, and about his first wife's death, and more.

Paraphrased:

Burnt the bodies from sunrise to sunset.

Played loud music in childish attempt to annoy Hill ( secret lovers were mid-tryst )

Police found picture of Lynn painting his car when they seized wife's phone ( btw who paints a car with a paint roller lol )

Lynn became paranoid when police started taking “a very unusual interest in me”.

Lynn used to making “quick decisions to try and get the best outcome” & covering up the deaths “wasn’t going to make any difference to those two, so yep, I tried to save myself”.

Trackers were placed on his car in December 2020 until the end of May 2021, when the 4WD was being repaired.

The tracker was returned after those repairs and remained there until Mr Lynn’s arrest in November 2021.

It seems like Police put a camera on the tree next to his house looking at the footage the Herald Sun has shown.

ABC News has published a photo of him carrying the [roll-down camping] awning of his Nissan Patrol. That was shot from a height.

I'm wondering if it might be from a neighbour's CCTV?

Last edited:
Seems Lynn will take the stand tomorrow.

In a way I'm not surprised. Lynn likely considers himself more than a match for the prosecutor during cross-examination and he destroyed as much evidence as he could so it's basically his story vs their theory.

I do wonder when he and the defence decided to have him testify -- from the get-go or only after they saw the prosecutor's performance during the trial?

In a way I'm not surprised. Lynn likely considers himself more than a match for the prosecutor during cross-examination and he destroyed as much evidence as he could so it's basically his story vs their theory.

I do wonder when he and the defence decided to have him testify -- from the get-go or only after they saw the prosecutor's performance during the trial?

I think they decided he would testify right from the get-go. They have no other witnesses. If he didn't take the stand, all there would be for the defence is the closing argument (and the cross examinations).

imo

I think they decided he would testify right from the get-go. They have no other witnesses. If he didn't take the stand, all there would be for the defence is the closing argument (and the cross examinations).

imo

I guess so, but it can be the worst thing an accused can do and I believe that in many (most?) cases defence lawyers are inclined to advise against it.

It seems to me that the prosecution needed to establish in the jury's mind that Lynn has a short fuse, is prone to violence and is inclined to act first and then think. In order to do that I guess they would have had to present witnesses to establish those characteristics though personal experiences of those behaviors.

AFAIK, no such witnesses were called.

My bet is damage control as regards the cold manner and lack of remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth