Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynn testified that Russell was a head torch but he didn’t recall it being turned on, so I doubt it was providing any light..
From this article.
We only have Lynn's word that the head torch ever existed and that he can't remember it even being turned on makes it insignificant to how 'Houdini' Hill managed to load that unfamiliar weapon with one hand in the dark.

I don't know how to double quote posts

With your mouse highlight what you want to quote and then click on Quote. Then in you own post click on Insert Quotes.

I doubt very much, that prior to his arrest the police were able access any psych records IMO

As I understand it, psych reports come into play during pre-sentencing.

RH could well have intended turning the music down or even off until he saw the opportunity to confiscate the gun and ammo. He had a history of discussion with deer hunters in other camps in 2020 about storing guns and ammo safely and sharing the trgic death of his male relative in a deer shooting accident, which has been detailed in numerous media articles IMO and I have no doubt upon seeing the gun and ammo in a car with all doors open as detailed by GL, RH then made an instant decision to confiscate these items. RH had already spoken to GL about why he was using the drone and that had included using it at Bucks Camp for about 10 seconds when GL returned, and that he had taken footage of GL whilst he was allegedly hunting and RH had wrongly accused him of hunting illegally near Bucks Camp when GL stated he was merely making his way back to camp. RH started his radio convo at 6pm and it finished at 6.40 with no alarm noted by participants in convo.GL told detectives he was heading back to camp to have dinner.

After confiscating the gun and ammo RH told GL he intended taking the drone footage, gun and ammo to police. At some stage just after confiscating the items RH also let off 2 shots which would have then supported another detail that RH had said to GL during their conversation, that RH had said he would tell police that GL had earlier fired a shot through the campsite. So firing off the two shots RH was gaining evidence to support his future police report.

This detail has been in numerous media reports and is also in the interview video. IMO
Your posts seem to want Lynn to be let off the hook?

We only have Lynn's word that the head torch ever existed and that he can't remember it even being turned on makes it insignificant to how 'Houdini' Hill managed to load that unfamiliar weapon with one hand in the dark.
Oh, I agree. Just pointing out that it wasn’t a made up story (or at least not made up by your new arch nemesis ;))

I hadn’t ever seen it mentioned before, probably because it wasn’t relevant lol

If you buy into the idea that RH attempted to confiscate his firearms you are buying into Lynn’s defence. In a remote location surely the safe course for RH would merely be to dob Lynn in for whatever would be alledged that he had done wrong. I think it’s likely Lynn made up the bit about hunting near camp based on his perception Lynn disliked him hunting. You can’t hunt deer near camp anyway, deer usu not within cooee of any human noise, unless separated by a ridgeline. An experienced hunter would not sit on a wallow metres from a camp. Lynn would further reasonably be expected to tramp to and fro from wherever he was hunting carrying a firearm.

If Rh dobbed in, there would be a knock on his door, and a case of he says she says and a warning. It’s illogical to think he would retrieve from a private vehicle, thereby opening himself up to a certain prosecution. If he merely wanted to disable Lynn he would have taken the ammo only. If they were legitimately fearful for safety they would have packed up and gone. How are we even to know that there was even music blaring it could all be made up to misconstrue the run in which was likely just all over the drone.

If you buy into the idea that RH attempted to confiscate his firearms you are buying into Lynn’s defence. In a remote location surely the safe course for RH would merely be to dob Lynn in for whatever would be alledged that he had done wrong. I think it’s likely Lynn made up the bit about hunting near camp based on his perception Lynn disliked him hunting. You can’t hunt deer near camp anyway, deer usu not within cooee of any human noise, unless separated by a ridgeline. An experienced hunter would not sit on a wallow metres from a camp. Lynn would further reasonably be expected to tramp to and fro from wherever he was hunting carrying a firearm.

If Rh dobbed in, there would be a knock on his door, and a case of he says she says and a warning. It’s illogical to think he would retrieve from a private vehicle, thereby opening himself up to a certain prosecution. If he merely wanted to disable Lynn he would have taken the ammo only. If they were legitimately fearful for safety they would have packed up and gone. How are we even to know that there was even music blaring it could all be made up to misconstrue the run in which was likely just all over the drone.
Good summary. Lynn's story is so unbelievable it is almost comical. But I guess it's hard to make 2 deaths when you are the only other person around, just go away.

He’s had to cook up a story to explain the lot because of two deaths, he can’t say self defence because Carol was killed. So we get music, shooting through camp, hunting close to camp, Russell at his car this that. Some of it might be partly true who knows. The only certain parts were where Carol was killed, that a shotgun was used and that the mirror was shot off. His story is all possible but very very unlikely and you add to it all the post offence conduct to get where we are.

He’s had to cook up a story to explain the lot because of two deaths, he can’t say self defence because Carol was killed. So we get music, shooting through camp, hunting close to camp, Russell at his car this that. Some of it might be partly true who knows. The only certain parts were where Carol was killed, that a shotgun was used and that the mirror was shot off. His story is all possible but very very unlikely and you add to it all the post offence conduct to get where we are.
Lynn had the motive, the means and the opportunity, and 2 people are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1