Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

JLZ said "I think perhaps it was GL who decided to steal/confiscate the drone. Then he reversed the story, failing to understand that it wouldn't be plausible because other people aren't like him."

In other words, rather than Russell stealing the gun, it was GL stealing the drone that started all that followed.
@JLZ, please correct me if I've misunderstood.
Yes, and isn't that how his friends described Russell in the beginning? He'll stand up for himself, but he doesn't start drama.

This is going to be the appeal of the century.

Does anyone realistically think they will have this overturned?

I just get a feeling that this case isn’t done yet. Have always had a bad feeling about it.

The Sale interview room has been described as bitterly cold and freezing, almost painting a picture that Lynn was subjected to inhumane conditions.
In the newly released interview video, one detective can be seen in a short sleeve t-shirt and the other in what looks like a white business type shirt.
Just an observation.

The Sale interview room has been described as bitterly cold and freezing, almost painting a picture that Lynn was subjected to inhumane conditions.
In the newly released interview video, one detective can be seen in a short sleeve t-shirt and the other in what looks like a white business type shirt.
Just an observation.
Hi @Lemony,
EXACTLY!!
The BIG-BRAVE-GUN-TOTING-MASTER-OF-THE-UNIVERSE or whatever the hell he fantasises that he is - EVEN had a blankie
2024-06-29_19-01-47.png
*unless*, that's a nappy?

Cause I expect at various occasions during the interview, no matter how cool-calm-&-collected he appeared to be, he was sh*tting himself.
:p
Image from: GL/police interview tapes released by court after murder trial jury's split verdict.

I can't imagine he'll be kept in luxury digs for his whole term, sooner or later someone else will be the flavour of the month & he'll be released to gen-pop; be lovely to see the loner acquire the necessary social skills to survive in those circumstances.
Bring on the future.

My thoughts remain with the Clay & Hill families, I wish them all the strength in the universe.

MOO.
grammar, missed a comma, drat!

Hi @Lemony,
EXACTLY!!
The BIG-BRAVE-GUN-TOTING-MASTER-OF-THE-UNIVERSE or whatever the hell he fantasises that he is - EVEN had a blankie
View attachment 514129
*unless*, that's a nappy?

Cause I expect at various occasions during the interview, no matter how cool-calm-&-collected he appeared to be, he was sh*tting himself.
:p
Image from: GL/police interview tapes released by court after murder trial jury's split verdict.

I can't imagine he'll be kept in luxury digs for his whole term, sooner or later someone else will be the flavour of the month & he'll be released to gen-pop; be lovely to see the loner acquire the necessary social skills to survive in those circumstances.
Bring on the future.

My thoughts remain with the Clay & Hill families, I wish them all the strength in the universe.

MOO.
grammar, missed a comma, drat!
Lol @ nappy remark

I wonder if he gets to have an electric blanket or a heated throw in prison.

I have to say I am one person who wants to think that people in jail are treated in a humane manner.
No matter what they did.
If not, then you're getting down on their level.

I had better be good and not do anything that lands me in jail. I could not live without my electric blanket and heated throw. But I do live in a cold area.

It is quite possible that GL shot down the drone as it buzzed him and it escalated from there. I suspect some pilots hate drones, and he potentially could have resented being filmed. The gatta for a deer hunter is about as remote as it gets, save for extreme elevation spots, so the drone would have been incongruous, and hunters are inclined to dislike intrusion.

The vast majority of older deer hunters hunt with a centrefire rifle and scope min 1-4.5 2-7 or 3-9 power. If a shotgun is taken to a remote camp, it is usually in case of a snake, feral animal, to test out or to muck around. It is possible he used it for deer with the slug. Maybe he came from a clay target background, and preferred to jump running Sambar in close proximity, in thick scrub / country. To shoot the drone down he would have ideally needed to have had the shotgun at hand, whether in the bush or at his camp, and any kind of ordinary pellet load cartridge in his jacket. It’s unlikely a self respecting shooter is going to fire a slug or centre fire cartridge up in the air, even if angry.

Much was made of the collection of firearms and knives. It is not uncommon for hunters to have quite a collection of firearms and knives acquired over a lifetime. It is less common to have a lot of knives but it is by no means uncommon amongst enthusiast hunters.

I wonder if he gets to have an electric blanket or a heated throw in prison.

I have to say I am one person who wants to think that people in jail are treated in a humane manner.
No matter what they did.
If not, then you're getting down on their level.

I had better be good and not do anything that lands me in jail. I could not live without my electric blanket and heated throw. But I do live in a cold area.
Don’t think any cute little Flight Attendant will be knocking on the ‘*advertiser censored*’ Pit Door asking if he wants a nice “VANILLA” latte !!

IIRC ProfCluezo noted that the sleeping bags of Carol Clay and Russell Hill were never found, and pondered the possibility of both victims being shot whilst in their sleeping bags, in their tent.
I did think that once, but now I think it's more likely that GL used the sleeping bags to keep his trailer "clean". He probably didn't need to put the bodies in the bags, just on top of them.

Except he forgot to turn Russell's phone off - not so smart now, are you, Mr Cleverpants?

Kind of reminds me of the ending of the famous 1924 silent movie Greed.

SPOILER ALERT:

Finally, [murderer and thief] McTeague is left in the desert with no horse and no water, handcuffed to a corpse and unable to reach the remaining money.

Could you please give some explanation as to just how you came to the conclusion it was an impossibility that the shot that killed CC was not accidental? Have you personally really subjected the alleged scene photographs to indepth scrutiny, or are you relying on what has been reported (in written form) in the media? I personally can recall the ballistics 'expert' giving an answer to DD during his evidence, that included the word "plausible". IMO

The prosecution has to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt. If an expert witness says something is plausible, that means it's possible but there could be many other possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back