Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

We know why he repainted the car from Blue to Beige (so he could disappear as he puts it)
The colour change from White to Blue is very interesting isn't it. The car was only 7 years old so the paint would have been in ok condition.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt :rolleyes: perhaps he had a car accident and it needed respraying. Isn't it more cost-effective to respray in the same colour?
2014 - Car is white

2019 - Car is Blue

2020 - Car is beige.

I would definetly look into what year it changed to blue (was it prior to 2019?) and look into where he was living/working etc could be significant considering its something he thinks to do for his benefit. MOO

Watching that interview made me soooo very very angry. IMO he had been over and over his version of events time and time again on paper so much so that it was drilled in to him. Asking for paper at the start of his interview allowed him to stick to his fanciful well rehearsed bull%#!t story. IMO he sat through that interview like he was the one who had the control!
Rant over!

He used that paper in the same manner as a defendant at a trial uses a pad of paper. To distract themselves from reacting adversely to a testimony of facts and witness statements. imo

• It helps the defendant to look like he’s attentive and engaged.
  • It gives the defendant something to do so that he doesn’t get bored and fidgety.
  • It gives the defendant a task that helps him to remain focused and not lose his temper if a witness says something that harms his case.
(By former law school professor on Quora forum)

Just an amusing aside but a mate was pulled aside by quarantine coming back from SEA with dozens of packets of smokes. They just pulled em out then put em back and let him go. We were wondering why he didn't get a fine or confiscated but apparently quarantine don't do that it's customs/border force job so quarantine didn't care. Lucky bustard

I dunno if that means much I've had to testify a couple of times and I try to recount events like that, just stating the facts and trying to keep emotion out of it. I always thought it comes across a lot better than someone crying or getting angry while giving evidence.

I think it was a mix of truth, lies and ommittance.

The sleeping bags were discussed early on and I always thought the thing that made the most sense was when someone commented that dragging a 90kg dead weight body would be HARD. But if you put a body in a sleeping bag it's quite easy to drag a sleeping bag even If it's the same weight. It would also help contain mess. I totally believe Lynn has it in him to kill in a rage but I still think killing them in their sleeping bags is a bit much.

Respectfully I disagree and the ballistics expert did say it was plausible.
I don't think he put the bodies in a sleeping bag though. I think he just covered them over with a tarp.MOO

I"d be going through things in the news that happened prior to his changing the car colour from white to blue.
Could be something minor. Could be not so minor.

In my opinion there is likely a reason that is nothing to do with not liking the colour.
I"d like to know exactly when the colour was changed.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is behind a paywall but was published in yesterday's Herald Sun written by Andrew Rule:

"If Greg Lynn appeals, which he almost certainly will, the wife-bashing, pet-killing, car-painting, camouflage-wearing gun crank could soon be back on the street."
"If that’s how the Wonnangatta killings eventually play out, it means a calculating psychopath will have created a legal blueprint for how to create reasonable doubt through the deliberate and meticulous destruction of evidence."
"If the Lynn defence ultimately succeeds, and he once more walks amongst us, it threatens to open an escape hatch in future homicide cases where the accused “does a Greg Lynn.”
full article here:

Appropriate (and sarcastic) headline ..... "Murderers should not be discouraged by the half-and-half guilty verdict in the Greg Lynn trial".

Here are a couple of links.

I can't remember where I read Lynn's description of the "struggle". Can't find it on a quick look. Not sure if he describes it in its entirety in the 2nd link below (video).

But Lynn said he had Russell pushed up against the bullbar at the front of Russell's vehicle, Russell's back was to the bullbar, Lynn was facing him. Lynn had two hands on the shotgun. One on the barrel, one on the stop.
(And the shotgun would have needed to be at the side of the vehicle to hit the mirror and go into Carol who was supposedly crouching by the rear tyre)
There was also a guy rope at the front of the vehicle, which would have got in the way of any struggle. Lynn "didn't see" that.

I don't believe Lynn's story. And neither do the police. Nor, apparently, did the jury.
It couldn't have happened that way.

Thread 8, post 461

Thread 8, post 921
Are you aware if RH was left or right handed. GL is right handed, as seen in police interview and noted by a media rep in court. IMO

Either RH or GL would have to have been on passenger side of bullbar otherwise the windshield would have been subjected to damage and there is no report of damage, do you agree with that conclusion, so far?

I"d be going through things in the news that happened prior to his changing the car colour from white to blue.
Could be something minor. Could be not so minor.

In my opinion there is likely a reason that is nothing to do with not liking the colour.
I"d like to know exactly when the colour was changed.
I recall it was 2 or 3 years before April 2020 which is when he changed colour from blue to beige.

Are you able to supply proof of what exact precise condition the passenger side rear vision mirror was in and the positioning of such when forensic and ballistic testing took place and what positioning the mirror was left in when GL departed the scene and when police first arrived on the scene and when they took their first forensic photos of the scene?
I was in Court on the day he testified. Apparently he ripped the mirror off with a rock (from his memory). He didn’t want any reminders of what happened.

He used that paper in the same manner as a defendant at a trial uses a pad of paper. To distract themselves from reacting adversely to a testimony of facts and witness statements. imo

• It helps the defendant to look like he’s attentive and engaged.
  • It gives the defendant something to do so that he doesn’t get bored and fidgety.
  • It gives the defendant a task that helps him to remain focused and not lose his temper if a witness says something that harms his case.
(By former law school professor on Quora forum)
It also allows him to have no eye contact with the Officers.

I recall it was 2 or 3 years before April 2020 which is when he changed colour from blue to beige.

Now I get the feeling that these posts are just trolling. "I recall"? Recall from where?

In the summary of allegations, police say they found photos on Mr Lynn's phone which showed him painting his 4WD a different colour on June 4, 2020.

It also allows him to have no eye contact with the Officers.

Yes, I noticed the few times he raised his eyes from the paper. At first I thought it was only once (in the 3rd video in the ABC link). But then I watched the other two videos in that link and he raised his eyes just a couple more times.

Very, very, very limited eye contact.

Not sure if this is behind a paywall but was published in yesterday's Herald Sun written by Andrew Rule:

"If Greg Lynn appeals, which he almost certainly will, the wife-bashing, pet-killing, car-painting, camouflage-wearing gun crank could soon be back on the street."
"If that’s how the Wonnangatta killings eventually play out, it means a calculating psychopath will have created a legal blueprint for how to create reasonable doubt through the deliberate and meticulous destruction of evidence."
"If the Lynn defence ultimately succeeds, and he once more walks amongst us, it threatens to open an escape hatch in future homicide cases where the accused “does a Greg Lynn.”
full article here:

I agree ... or Andrew Rule agrees with me (see my earlier posts about 'Lynn's copybook')

I don't comprehend the layout of the camp. In this, from the appeal judgement, what does "nearside" mean? Side near to what?

Three near circular spatter bloodstains, less than or equal to 1.5 mm and two unclassifiable bloodstains were found distributed on the rear panel of the frontmost section of the nearside of the canopy. The expert opinion is that the stains were caused by the application of a force to liquid blood in addition to gravity. Apparent fatty deposits were also observed. DNA analysis provided extremely strong support for the proposition that Carol Clay was the source of the blood and fatty deposits.

I don't comprehend the layout of the camp. In this, from the appeal judgement, what does "nearside" mean? Side near to what?

Three near circular spatter bloodstains, less than or equal to 1.5 mm and two unclassifiable bloodstains were found distributed on the rear panel of the frontmost section of the nearside of the canopy. The expert opinion is that the stains were caused by the application of a force to liquid blood in addition to gravity. Apparent fatty deposits were also observed. DNA analysis provided extremely strong support for the proposition that Carol Clay was the source of the blood and fatty deposits.

I would say it means the side of the vehicle where Carol was murdered. Not the other side of the vehicle.

I didn't think they needed to. The Prosecutions own expert said Lynns version of the shooting was plausible. That's all Dann needed. Bringing in more experts just means more for the jury to follow and possibilities for prosecution to cross examine and score points.
He said it was most unlikely, according to the interlocutory appeal judgement. BBM

A ballistics expert examined the respondent’s 12-gauge shot gun and found that the only manner in which it could be discharged was the normal method of applying pressure to the trigger. He also concluded through shot trajectory testing that the version given by the respondent in the record of interview as to how Mrs Clay was shot was most unlikely.

Yes, I noticed the few times he raised his eyes from the paper. At first I thought it was only once (in the 3rd video in the ABC link). But then I watched the other two videos in that link and he raised his eyes just a couple more times.

Very, very, very limited eye contact.
I know! Now first remember this is sarcasm on my part :)

What if not making eye contact is part of his custom or traditional beliefs, handed down from generations before ?

:D

Are you able to supply proof of what exact precise condition the passenger side rear vision mirror was in and the positioning of such when forensic and ballistic testing took place and what positioning the mirror was left in when GL departed the scene and when police first arrived on the scene and when they took their first forensic photos of the scene?
In pieces.

Ash debris from the burnt campsite at Bucks Camp was found to contain pieces of glass and solar panel film from a vehicle side mirror. . . .

Dann concentrated on the only person that could provide direct evidence. IMO
The defence unusually takes every opportunity to not only demonstrate reasonable doubt but also to show their client in the best possible light to the jury.

Dann could hardly be blamed for failing on both counts there as Lynn's story was just too far fetched and his history too checkered, to risk calling any witnesses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back