Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every aspect of the investigation was perfect but woeful?
Lynn committed his crimes out in the wilderness, there were no living witnesses, offender & victims weren’t really known to each other, evidence was destroyed and Lynn had a head start, making it a very complex crime to solve.
At the end of the day Lynn will be put away for a very long time and the Hill and Clay families have answers, the cops did a pretty damn good job IMO.

Police methodology becomes public knowledge from time to time especially in high profile cases and I doubt the 60 Minutes sting will be a huge deal in crime fighting land. The “Mr Big Sting” used in the Daniel Morcombe case was well publicised in the media, books were written about it and true crime documentaries made. This sting has been used successfully since, despite the widespread coverage. Other methods used by police such as phone intercepts, listening devices in homes etc are out in the public domain yet people are caught out by these tools all the time.

BTW /OTT

I just finished a wonderful podcast series about a Mr Big Sting in NZ. The guy was eventually found guilty, but later the confession obtained via the sting was ruled out by the NZ Appeal Courts on the second go round. Very confusing and crazy area!

In 2014, David Lyttle, a struggling builder in the little town of Halcombe, answers a knock at his door. What happens then leads him into a shadowy criminal organisation that offers him friendship, a new job, and riches, in exchange for one thing: honesty.

Pressed by the organisation’s boss, David Lyttle confesses to murdering his friend Brett Hall three years earlier. He shows the boss where he buried the body parts. Then, his world explodes. He’s arrested and charged with murder. The whole thing was a police sting operation known as “Mr Big”. And now David has confessed.

Or has he?

BTW /OTT

I just finished a wonderful podcast series about a Mr Big Sting in NZ. The guy was eventually found guilty, but later the confession obtained via the sting was ruled out by the NZ Appeal Courts on the second go round. Very confusing and crazy area!

Off topic….I’m a recovering Pistorius addict as well. I was in South Africa at the time and was going hoping to see him in Court ….my partner wouldn’t have a bar of it.

Bronwyn Will was a close friend of Lisa and used to live across the road from the couple in Mount Macedon. This article is a must read and includes everything she said on 60 Minutes last night.

I can't paraphrase because it's all direct quotations and I don't want to breach copyright rules.

Bronwyn Will, Lisa's friend, on 60 Minutes
From what we have been hearing, the guy is rotten to the very core.

Off topic….I’m a recovering Pistorius addict as well. I was in South Africa at the time and was going hoping to see him in Court ….my partner wouldn’t have a bar of it.

I wish I could say I'm a recovering Pistorius addict but I'll never be cured. I literally could have died carrying out an experiment that involved climbing onto the high part of our gable garage roof. If I fell, I would have landed on a paved brick area. Apart from that, I completely re-arranged a room full of furniture, checked the lie he told about the blue light on the stereo amplifier and raced around the house with a stopwatch, plus one or 2 others. Those were the days.

Again, I'm fine with the verdict but I can also admit I don't know what happened. Not sure why that's so hard.
Two elderly people were having no difficultly breathing until they encountered an armed psychopath. That's what happened.

Nobody knows exactly how Lynette Dawson was killed either. The important thing is, like Carol Clay, it is abundantly clear who killed her.

Last edited:
I find it quite ironic, that GL complained about being cold in the interview room ( where at least one of the police was wearing short sleeves ) while he was happy to lock his wife outside overnight, bind her hands & feet & hose her down to teach her a lesson.

Shame the cops couldn't have taught him a lesson too............

I'm slowly getting thru the whole 3 hr plus interview, but can only seem to do it in small amounts, I find him repulsive!

I wish I could say I'm a recovering Pistorius addict but I'll never be cured. I literally could have died carrying out an experiment that involved climbing onto the high part of our gable garage roof. If I fell, I would have landed on a paved brick area. Apart from that, I completely re-arranged a room full of furniture, checked the lie he told about the blue light on the stereo amplifier and raced around the house with a stopwatch, plus one or 2 others. Those were the days.
I would tune

Your work with Mr Fossil on that case was legendary

Yes I remember the blue light/ladders/hollow points/bathroom trajectory points…Masipa/Gerry/Barry….it’s when I took up serious drinking. I would jump on the treadmill with my IPAD tune into enca with a bourbon at 5. Oh dear arranging the house/stopwatch what dedication….simply BRILLIANT.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
  • Personally, I think *friend* is respectful.
My thoughts remain with the Clay & Hill families; I wish them all them strength in the universe.

MOO
Edit: Grammaro_O

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it quite ironic, that GL complained about being cold in the interview room ( where at least one of the police was wearing short sleeves ) while he was happy to lock his wife outside overnight, bind her hands & feet & hose her down to teach her a lesson.

I'm slowly getting thru the whole 3 hr plus interview, but can only seem to do it in small amounts, I find him repulsive!
I was baby sitting during the 60 Minutes program and obviously missed a huge slice of content…..what Lisa was hosed down and her hands were bound…..how could this not be investigated how is that suicide ?

I finished the 3.5 hours last night. I think it was easy to tell when he was lying about something.

In one instance, one of the investigators asked, "what happens to a drone when you burn it?" You could tell Greg didn't know what to say. Almost as if he hadn't rehearsed that part.
I think the officer let it go probably because he didn't want Greg to clam up. If I were to guess, he didn't burn the drone.

There were other similar instances where the officers would ask something that he hadn't rehearsed.

I had a chuckle right at the end when Greg was explaining how he'd built and installed a new gun safe in his car so incidents like this won't happen again.

“In one instance, one of the investigators asked,

"what happens to a drone when you burn it?"

You could tell Greg didn't know what to say. Almost as if he hadn't rehearsed that part.”

I absolutely love this about detective work!
These well-crafted, perfectly executed questions. Cornering the bad guy.

It gave me a thrill to read this (I’ve seen the short videos but not the 3.5 hour one yet)

Edit: I meant to reply to @Bats

“In one instance, one of the investigators asked,

"what happens to a drone when you burn it?"

You could tell Greg didn't know what to say. Almost as if he hadn't rehearsed that part.”

I absolutely love this about detective work!
These well-crafted, perfectly executed questions. Cornering the bad guy.

It gave me a thrill to read this (I’ve seen the short videos but not the 3.5 hour one yet)

Edit: I meant to reply to @Bats
That's part of the reason he asked for the piece of paper and pen. It is very hard looking someone in the eye and lying to them. It probably helps if you are a psychopath though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho