Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been orphaned or removed from his birth home, then fostered or institutionalised. Just some possibilities that could keep his childhood name and background confidential.

And it might explain why there appeared to be no birth family supporting him through the trial.

imo
Honestly, if you were his elderly parents, would you want to be in court with him? Especially if you had suffered with his behaviour as he grew up. No family at court is also fairly common for murder. They would be mobbed by the journos. Keep away, and maybe see him in prison later, or pretend he never existed. Would be difficult.

Honestly, if you were his elderly parents, would you want to be in court with him? Especially if you had suffered with his behaviour as he grew up. No family at court is also fairly common for murder. They would be mobbed by the journos. Keep away, and maybe see him in prison later, or pretend he never existed. Would be difficult.
It's a tricky one and obviously one you hope you never have to deal with but on the other hand, they may not even be around any more.

We don't really know anything about his family, outside of his wives and children.

Maybe he didn't want his parents to go through the ordeal of the press hounding them.
Perhaps they've passed away. Maybe they aren't mobile. Maybe they are alive but estranged.

Who knows maybe growing up he was very close to his parents. Then again maybe he wasn't close to them.

I imagine more will be known about him and his life as time goes on.

We don't really know anything about his family, outside of his wives and children.

Maybe he didn't want his parents to go through the ordeal of the press hounding them.
Perhaps they've passed away. Maybe they aren't mobile. Maybe they are alive but estranged.

Who knows maybe growing up he was very close to his parents. Then again maybe he wasn't close to them.

I imagine more will be known about him and his life as time goes on.
We probably can't discount the possibility of a TV mini-series. Particularly if some of these other matters we are hearing Lynn's name associated with lead to convictions. I just hope the potential makers show the victims' families the courtesy of a bit of time before portraying the brutal deaths of their loved ones on screen.

Decent coin but probably around what I would have expected.
Different aircraft types attract different pay scales. Jetstar being a LCC (low cost carrier) I believe aren’t quite on par with others. I remember working for Cathay Pacific (I wasn’t flying) crew were on ridiculous amounts $400K picked up in limo’s 5 star overnight hotels (things have drastically changed in Aviation)….huge overnight allowances.

. I just hope the potential makers show the victims' families the courtesy of a bit of time before portraying the brutal deaths of their loved ones on screen.
I hope whoever might make any show, doesn't do anything like what Netflix did and turn the disappearance of Paddy Moriarty into a comedy.
I suppose they found it easier because no close relatives could be found, but I still think it's in very poor taste.

I hope whoever might make any show, doesn't do anything like what Netflix did and turn the disappearance of Paddy Moriarty into a comedy.
I suppose they found it easier because no close relatives could be found, but I still think it's in very poor taste.
100% agree with you but we both know what the likely reality will be.

Hi @KathPlumber that was me :)

During the police interview GL tells the detectives that he used "a stack" and says he "put them in individually" so judging by his make of car he must have a CD player.

I can see two possibilities with this music situation:

1) GL was indeed playing his music loud in an effort to get RH & CC to leave their campsite so GL could continue illegally hunting deer or as a preemptive measure to drown out the sounds of the shooting he intended on doing.

2) RH & CC were playing their music, enjoying their evening wilderness retreat or perhaps to scare away any deer/be annoying so GL would pack up & leave

My issue with option 1 is that GL couldn't tell investigators what he was playing apart from that it was not from RH & CC's generation i.e "the most annoying" he could find.

My issue with option 2 is that I'm unsure if RH had a working car radio/stereo or what he may have been able to play music with. I also don't know if it's characteristic of him to antagonise GL with loud music.
I still reckon it’s super suss he couldn’t remember what he played. That kind
Of episodic memory should be seared in there!

Just wondering Sir_Loin….as it was mentioned GL was tight with $$ any idea how much the cache of guns/rifles would be worth?

Finger in the air maybe around $15k or a bit more new. Not sure of the quality of optics he has on them. Sometimes they’re more expensive than the firearm.

He hasn’t spent big on his hunting equipment. The shotguns are cheap as is the Ruger American which isn’t on the list but I’ve seen photos of it with the barathrum arms shotgun so I’m presuming he still had it when it was taken by the police.

The pistols, lever actions and the SP25-TAC are where he spent his money. He had two ruger revolvers of the same make and model according to the list, probably to do with one of the clubs he’s a member of. IMO.

I am not convinced that there was music, given the liar GL is.
Guess it was a reason or way to set the scene for RH taking the gun out of his car.

Like why else would all his car doors be open? (GL said he had them open to let the music blast loudly.)

Of course RH never actually took any gun out of GL’s car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy