Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ours have a distinctive red stripe on their back but apparently that is virtually the only difference between the Aussie and US versions of the widow spider.

The female redback spider possesses the distinct red stripe back, while the males have a light brown colour and white markings on the upper side of their abdomen.
Hence, the females are far more attractive to the eye ;)

The female redback spider possesses the distinct red stripe back, while the males have a light brown colour and white markings on the upper side of their abdomen.
Hence, the females are far more attractive to the eye ;)
I remember reading years ago that generally speaking, any animal that is black & red, black & orange or black & yellow = dangerous

Like it’s natures warning sign

Bees/Wasps
Red-belly black snakes
Redback spiders
Etc

But also, bright blue can mean poison/toxic like Blue Ringed Octopus

Not sure how true it is but if I ever see any of the above colour schemes on unfamiliar creatures, I suddenly have to be somewhere else lol or at least keep a safe distance

For us non-Australians, a dummy spit is "The act of overreacting (as an adult) to a situation childishly, in an angry or frustrated manner."

dummy = pacifier

A dummy spit = a very angry/upset is baby spitting out its pacifier.

Hope I've got this right.
It's the same as throwing your toys out of the pram. :)

That's my cat! And a fatter, lazier, sweeter animal never existed. :)
Well cats are quite exceptional ;)

Edit: @JBowie makes me think it must be more insects, arachnids, reptiles & amphibians as opposed to mammals.

Perhaps they could otherwise be easily overlooked due to small size & natural habitat (snakes slithering through tall grasses) so the contrasting colours act like a red traffic light etc STOP! lol

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back