Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ADMIN NOTE:

Under Australian law, this case is now under sub judice and the following is not allowed:

Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any history of a defendant’s previous offences
Any suggestions or direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", "the perp"; it has to be "the accused", the "alleged killer" or "the defendant")
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges/lawyers, any officer of the Court)
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence.
Any non compliance with an Order of the court

Do not post anything that violates the above principles. Doing so can result in charges of contempt of court.

Thank you.

Please continue here.

IIRC, is he supposed to be sentenced in July?

JMVHO.

Pre-sentencing hearing on 19th July.

I think he is also sentenced at that hearing ... not 100% sure, but I think so. Unless maybe the judge needs further time to consider the matter.

At the end of a sentencing hearing, the Judge summarises the case, imposes a sentence and explains the reasons for giving the sentence.

This is a County Court reference, not Supreme Court.

Pre-sentencing hearing on 19th July.

I think he is also sentenced at that hearing ... not 100% sure, but I think so. Unless maybe the judge needs further time to consider the matter.

At the end of a sentencing hearing, the Judge summarises the case, imposes a sentence and explains the reasons for giving the sentence.

This is a County Court reference, not Supreme Court.
I think it’s going to be a mentions hearing where the judge lays out the timetable for submissions for consideration for sentencing. This can take months unfortunately so potentially looking at September time period for this phase to be finalised.

I think it’s going to be a mentions hearing where the judge lays out the timetable for submissions for consideration for sentencing. This can take months unfortunately so potentially looking at September time period for this phase to be finalised.

Yes, I think you may be right.

I took a look to refresh myself about when Justin Stein's sentencing hearing is (in a different state). He was found guilty a week before Lynn was found guilty, and his sentencing hearing is not until 23rd August.

Not to worry. They are both incarcerated. They will both just move deeper into the bowels of the prison system, once sentencing is complete.

imo

Yes, I think you may be right.

I took a look to refresh myself about when Justin Stein's sentencing hearing is (in a different state). He was found guilty a week before Lynn was found guilty, and his sentencing hearing is not until 23rd August.

Not to worry. They are both incarcerated. They will both just move deeper into the bowels of the prison system, once sentencing is complete.

imo
Interestingly that Lynn's is being called a pre-sentence hearing. No wonder the courts are clogged up! Couldn't the Judge have said at the time "All submissions to me a week before the sentencing date".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser
Back