Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With respect, the Justice system has not run to the fullest extent and has a long way to go until it is concluded, it hasn't even past the sentencing stage. You have no idea what my thoughts on this case are, you may think you know but you may well turn out to be incorrect!

The prosecutors mounted their case on the interview conducted by the two detectives you referred to. Without that interview there would not have been a prosecution. My comments in reply to your original post pointed out some valid weaknesses in the conviction.

I consider it rather odd that people consider the details of this case with such a very narrow perspective. I wonder what would happen if there was new and fresh evidence discovered?
With respect this forum is for the victims, not for the alleged or convicted criminals.

He has admitted to heinous crimes against the victims - FACT.

yes the justice system has definitely not finished with him yet. For all we know he may yet face other charges related to the crimes.

What new and fresh evidence could there be when he CHOSE to destroy the evidence? Evidence that he didn’t move, burn and destroy the bodies? Evidence that he didn’t intentionally get rid of his trailer or give his car a new paint job?

As I said you have contradicted yourself....
this is from your post:

I don't believe your explanation is correct. This is what the Victims of Crime website (Victoria) states about seeking compensation from the offender; in the first paragraph it is stated "... of the crime committed against you".

The crime was not committed against any member of the Clay family.
With respect. If you read my initial reply, my intent was to point out the correct starting to point to discuss compensation for people that are considered (by law) to be victims of crime. Another member had posted a link to Victims of Crime (Victoria) suggesting this was the correct place. I posted a reply and commenced my reply with correct information. However, when I then attempted to provide a link to the correct process to submit a victim of crime request for a family member, I mistakenly posted a link to NSW law.

When I realized I had provided an incorrect link, I then made a further post that had the correct links contained in it.

Yes, any relation of CC is a victim of crime (I have never denied this), by they do not go through a compensation request process using the Victims of Crime (law) process, as they were not directly involved in the crime personally; that is, they were not physically injured or a witness. Instead, any family member of CC would require to go the VOCAT (Victim of Crime Assistance Tribunal) process. In suggesting this process, I am not in any way denying that any relative of CC is a 'victim of crime'.

You suggested that I should refer to the OPP site. I was already aware of information posted on that site. If you followed all the links on that site that are reference compensation payments to victims of crime that are relatives of someone that has died as a consequence of a crime, you would then come to a brochure. Here is the link the the "family assistance" brochure https://www.opp.vic.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Financial-Assistance.pdf. It has very detailed information. In that brochure you will see that the process to apply for compensation for family members is through the VOCAT system, not the VOC system. If you read through all the compensation information, you will become aware that only one family member is normally permitted to seek compensation, but there is a side process in which other family members may be 'joiners' of the process.

You may also find the final heading of this brochure also informative "Restraining Orders to Preserve Property", as it contains the reasons why the OPP/Victoria Police have used this process with regard to the residential property of GL (as detailed by another member on Websleuths).

With respect. If you read my initial reply, my intent was to point out the correct starting to point to discuss compensation for people that are considered (by law) to be victims of crime. Another member had posted a link to Victims of Crime (Victoria) suggesting this was the correct place. I posted a reply and commenced my reply with correct information. However, when I then attempted to provide a link to the correct process to submit a victim of crime request for a family member, I mistakenly posted a link to NSW law.

When I realized I had provided an incorrect link, I then made a further post that had the correct links contained in it.

Yes, any relation of CC is a victim of crime (I have never denied this), by they do not go through a compensation request process using the Victims of Crime (law) process, as they were not directly involved in the crime personally; that is, they were not physically injured or a witness. Instead, any family member of CC would require to go the VOCAT (Victim of Crime Assistance Tribunal) process. In suggesting this process, I am not in any way denying that any relative of CC is a 'victim of crime'.

You suggested that I should refer to the OPP site. I was already aware of information posted on that site. If you followed all the links on that site that are reference compensation payments to victims of crime that are relatives of someone that has died as a consequence of a crime, you would then come to a brochure. Here is the link the the "family assistance" brochure https://www.opp.vic.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Financial-Assistance.pdf. It has very detailed information. In that brochure you will see that the process to apply for compensation for family members is through the VOCAT system, not the VOC system. If you read through all the compensation information, you will become aware that only one family member is normally permitted to seek compensation, but there is a side process in which other family members may be 'joiners' of the process.

You may also find the final heading of this brochure also informative "Restraining Orders to Preserve Property", as it contains the reasons why the OPP/Victoria Police have used this process with regard to the residential property of GL (as detailed by another member on Websleuths).
In all honesty, I am not the one who needs to read anything as I am au fait with the avenues Victims of Crime have to seek compensation following the Murder of a family member.

I really am struggling to understand your perspective on this. There’s a number of points that I think you’ve backtracked on but I really can’t be bothered going into it. Other to point out it’s a really impressive effort to trip up over yourself to try and make a distinction without a difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back