Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are charged with murder and interfering with a corpse, police are also looking into whether the home invasion was linked.
A lot more will come out in time.

Yes, a lot more will come out in time.

I believe both of them are super-involved in this crime. And from appearances and history, Dyball seems the physically stronger of the two. He is the one who has had strength training. He is the one who had the aggression, desire, and rebellion to fight with the Syrian anti-ISIS forces - blatantly flouting our country's laws. He is also the one that people who went to school with him have said was aggressive in that period of his life (according to comments on Qld Polce FB page). Whereas RB has been described as quite unlike that during his school days, by a WS member here.

Class A drug use can alter people drastically. But some also have an inner propensity, prior to that drug use.

To me anyone who would go off to Syria on their own accord to fight against ISIS and has failed the military tests IMO would have a hero complex, have violent behaviour or be somewhat mentally unhinged.

I absolutely agree with you. I think people who are doing that are propelled by their own inner issues.....I don't subscribe to them being 'heroic' or doing it for altruistic reasons at all. They've just found an outlet to fulfil their own needs imo.

But - that doesn't mean AD wouldn't suffer from PTSD like anyone else when he got back. I think it's impossible to go into any war zone and fight and not return with some level of PTSD.

moo.

I absolutely agree with you. I think people who are doing that are propelled by their own inner issues.....I don't subscribe to them being 'heroic' or doing it for altruistic reasons at all. They've just found an outlet to fulfil their own needs imo.

But - that doesn't mean AD wouldn't suffer from PTSD like anyone else when he got back. I think it's impossible to go into any war zone and fight and not return with some level of PTSD.

moo.

I get what you are saying but I really hope that it doesn't come into play during the trial and sway sympathy from the Jury.

I get what you are saying but I really hope that it doesn't come into play during the trial and sway sympathy from the Jury.

Isnt there a minimum sentence for murder though? Cant imagine hed be set free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isnt there a minimum sentence for murder though? Cant imagine hed be set free

Also murder goes staright to supreme court with no jurors i believe??

Me too! I don't think it condones anything.

From the sounds of this guy's history, as SouthAussie detailed above, he had a propensity to violence anyway. I'm not saying that him having PTSD should sway anything in the court case. Countless numbers of people suffer from PTSD and don't become murderers.

I'm just saying he probably does have PTSD, that's all.

From the sounds of this guy's history, as SouthAussie detailed above, he had a propensity to violence anyway. I'm not saying that him having PTSD should sway anything in the court case. Countless numbers of people suffer from PTSD and don't become murderers.

I always value your input.

As well as many non-murderers having PTSD, I think if any (of potentially his) PTSD was allowable in court, which is doubtful, then that would open the door for the prosecution to admit evidence of previous aggression, and previous flouting of our laws.

Have it on very good authority from one of RB's teachers that he wouldn't have bruised a grape at school - his schoolmates are incredulous over this - AD definitely the Alpha here - RB more likely to have lured and helped with the clean up IMO - If AD lost it, RB would have perceived he had no choice but to help mop up, or face the same fate as ST - IMO

Yes, a lot more will come out in time.

I believe both of them are super-involved in this crime. And from appearances and history, Dyball seems the physically stronger of the two. He is the one who has had strength training. He is the one who had the aggression, desire, and rebellion to fight with the Syrian anti-ISIS forces - blatantly flouting our country's laws. He is also the one that people who went to school with him have said was aggressive in that period of his life (according to comments on Qld Polce FB page). Whereas RB has been described as quite unlike that during his school days, by a WS member here.

Class A drug use can alter people drastically. But some also have an inner propensity, prior to that drug use.

No that is incorrect, in Australia they go to trial by jury.

I looked it up it just says it doesnt HAVE to have a jury (criminal trial in qld supreme) and in that case the judge decided guilty or not guilty aswell as penalty. Not sure how this works or how they decide no jury? Legal ppl any help?

Have it on very good authority from one of RB's teachers that he wouldn't have bruised a grape at school - his schoolmates are incredulous over this - AD definitely the Alpha here - RB more likely to have lured and helped with the clean up IMO - If AD lost it, RB would have perceived he had no choice but to help mop up, or face the same fate as ST - IMO

Yes, I remember you saying this before. And I agree.

I looked it up it just says it doesnt HAVE to have a jury (criminal trial in qld supreme) and in that case the judge decided guilty or not guilty aswell as penalty. Not sure how this works or how they decide no jury? Legal ppl any help?

733af4753d9f547422a32ffe0af3e0cc.jpg

Will not be a defence but will mitigate the severity of the sentence - perhaps the Defence will argue the "Baden-Clay" (although in that fiasco of a trial it was raised in the aftermath) defence - it was a case of a violent confrontation gone wrong. I don't necessarily believe this happened - but nobody really knows what happened except RB and AD

Usually ... though there are the occasional trials by judge only. Such as Simon Gittany's trial.

BBM

Firstly - ugh!! Gittany :facepalm:

Secondly - am I right in remembering that he CHOSE to have judge only? Can the accused choose?

Just answering my own question here....

As in the current murder trial of Simon Gittany, accused of throwing his girlfriend off the balcony of their Sydney apartment, you could opt for a trial by judge alone.

Or you could face a jury of 12 men and women selected from the community, people who have been following your case and may have read those scandalous things said about you on social media.

http://www.news.com.au/national/jud...n/news-story/88642a5ea34e22e7a7bc34eb4bc21351

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member