Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be in the minority on that. For a few reasons I think AD is not the main event here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I've actually always thought it was primarily between RB and Sam......and AD got involved somehow (whether by planned design or by accident).

jmo

A person who was initially going to go with AD to get food, but then they decided one would stay and one would go. AD left for food and RH died: I'd imagine that might trigger survivor guilt in some folks? Even if it's not his fault in reality?

If he was such a good guy then why did he come back to murder someone else's son?

I'd be in the minority on that. For a few reasons I think AD is not the main event here.

BBM, Well the police seem to think so going by both their charges IMO.

There is some grey area as to the legality of fighting with YPG. Jamie Williams had his charges dropped and no charges have yet been filed against AD or another Australian YPG fighter. Williams lawyer asserted the YPG is a government force, which it's not illegal for Australians to fight with. The AFP were ordered to pay Williams' costs. So I wouldn't necessarily say it's illegal. It would depend on if they were declared foreign fighters and if they were, I'd hazard a guess they would have been charged by now. They've both been back over a year I believe.

I think the Aus. Govt. says otherwise though
(quote)
Under the Australian foreign fighter law, it is illegal for anyone to fight overseas except with government forces.

"Australians have been consistently warned that by becoming involved in overseas conflict they are putting their own lives in mortal danger," an Australian Federal Police spokesperson told Mashable Australia via email.
http://mashable.com/2015/12/06/ashley-dyball-islamic-state/#BZpwgz_oCqq1

The other male in the photo is a relative LB - the photo comes from LB's FB page which is not private. Perhaps cousin from what I've just sleuthed.
I don't know why it says Ashley Dyball on the photo?
To verify this - you can go to LB Facebook page and read the comment on the photo there....

It says AD because this is a screen cap about a story of AD's arrest. 7 news have used RB's photo in their story, refering back to the first person charged.

I personally disagree that Dyball going overseas is in any way related to Sam's murder, but that's just my opinion. And i also believe AD was a wannabe bad*ss and took all his frustration & anger out on ST, when TSHTF for whatever reason. Again all IMO.

yes the hearsay from LE associate that they knew it was drug related from day 1, think that was in thread 2?

I think the post you are referring to was the excellent one from evan_dando, maybe? It was a great post.

Aside from generalized local information what made me think drugs early on was when the police said they feared ST had met with foul play or was being held captive.

I'd imagine there are limited sets of circumstances you'd hold someone captive in? Likely to torture them to extract something: information, money or products.

Once you have what you want, the captive is often of no further use. Or if you don't give up what they're after, you may die from from the continued torture.

So I was not surprised when torture/horrible assault info came out in MSM.

As for "unsavory" it's also possible the police viewed ST as unsavoury and by default, a number of his known associates? It's possibly unlikely they'd call ST unsavoury (and I'm not saying he was either), as it would be less likely to elicit information and public support?

LOL I was just chasing that up, hahaha. But Seabreeze thinks it might be a friend.

If there is a good pic of RB near a bannister, I believe they are 86-90 cm usually, so if it was t taken at a weird angle, may be able to ascertain height that way?

Especially if 'brotherhood' was the attraction of combat

Obviously felt something strong. I believe AD got to Syria in May and RH died in June or July. And AD has a memorial tattoo of him.

If he was such a good guy then why did he come back to murder someone else's son?

Allegedly murder: not proven in court yet. Do you sincerely think murderers, alleged or otherwise, have not done good things at any point in their lives? An enormous duality exists in many people. Having led a good life and being a murderer are not mutually exclusive.

Source: I have worked in prison servicing and had many conversations with seemingly lovely men who did terrible things, which were, at times, very out of character for them, if you looked at their life prior to the crime. Not all. But some.

He returned to Australia's as his choice was return here or face terrorism charges in Germany, is my understanding of the situation.

I think if police were investigating drug involvement, they would of checked into all of Sam's finances as well, and how he was able to purchase an expensive vehicle and not an old clunker.
If there was money anywhere that was unaccounted for they would have questions as to how any of that money was obtained. They would of looked into any loans he had with a bank as well, so they would know all that by now i would think.

I think the Aus. Govt. says otherwise though
(quote)
Under the Australian foreign fighter law, it is illegal for anyone to fight overseas except with government forces.

"Australians have been consistently warned that by becoming involved in overseas conflict they are putting their own lives in mortal danger," an Australian Federal Police spokesperson told Mashable Australia via email.
http://mashable.com/2015/12/06/ashley-dyball-islamic-state/#BZpwgz_oCqq1

I'm not sure what you're driving at here, Sorry. The quote you've used says exactly what I said: its legal to fight with government forces overseas.

That includes overseas governments forces: its how Australians can do military service in Israel.

YPG has a democratic/political party attached to it and has asserted government control of three areas, which is the argument Williams' defence used to sustain their argument it is a government force.

Allegedly murder: not proven in court yet. Do you sincerely think murderers, alleged or otherwise, have not done good things at any point in their lives? An enormous duality exists in many people. Having led a good life and being a murderer are not mutually exclusive.

Source: I have worked in prison servicing and had many conversations with seemingly lovely men who did terrible things, which were, at times, very out of character for them, if you looked at their life prior to the crime. Not all. But some.

He returned to Australia's as his choice was return here or face terrorism charges in Germany, is my understanding of the situation.

I think anything good a murderer has done is then outweighed by the murder. Lets say for example Mr Smith was such a nice man, but he raped and savagely murdered someone's child. How do people feel then? I would think they consider him evil? In all the horrific cases i have followed on here that is the general consensus. I know Sam wasn't a child, but he was someone's child, and for two people to murder that young man two onto one is the act of cowards IMO. To kill another is to destroy yourself IMO.

Me too. I've actually always thought it was primarily between RB and Sam......and AD got involved somehow (whether by planned design or by accident).

jmo

Me three. I have always thought the argument (perhaps owing of a substantial debt for a long time) was between RB and Sam. And AD got himself involved in the murder for some unknown reason.

His parents went to Syria looking for him also. Do you know if they ever found him?

I'm not sure what you're driving at here, Sorry. The quote you've used says exactly what I said: its legal to fight with government forces overseas.

That includes overseas governments forces: its how Australians can do military service in Israel.

YPG has a democratic/political party attached to it and has asserted government control of three areas, which is the argument Williams' defence used to sustain their argument it is a government force.

I highlighted in the article what the australian govt. states and they say it is "Illegal" unless you are in the services thats all. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro