Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Organised crime groups have ways and means of getting around that by swapping vin numbers etc.

I was actually just reading up on the aftermarket for stolen vehicles. In SA in 2014, 1/3 of the stolen cars have vanished for good.

ALMOST a third of the 2958 cars stolen in South Australia last financial year have simply vanished.

National Motor Vehicle Theft Reduction Council chairman Ray Carroll said the figures indicated a thriving trade in stolen cars in SA with three main disposal methods identified — scrap metal, spare parts and exporting them.

He said one of the “biggest concerns’’ was that some businesses would buy cars “no questions asked’’ and provided a ready market for car thieves.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/7b1b9af00b4fd4f5db400433f755ab0f - Sept 2015

Is that because a car was stolen? I've been robbed a few times and the insurance company didn't ask for any of that, just police reports. It was quite a lot of stuff taken both times too.

Sorry to hear that I definitely don't know the insurance business :) but a friends son had a pricey car stolen and these were examples only of things they asked for ? Can't remember exactly but I remember thinking wow what a drama on the other hand I have found the 1 claim I had for something else quite easy process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the home invasion video..... read the posts about it.
But did anyone see what I saw?
The two people leaving were not the same two people that went in?
(And yes the video looks "cut")

Thanks, it's only little, may as well be a motorbike. 4WDs can't see me and I can't see them. I didn't realise how unsafe I would feel until I bought it. It isn't a mustang or anything. Much more subtle!
I'm imagining you in a 1968 MGB [emoji14]

I was actually just reading up on the aftermarket for stolen vehicles. In SA in 2014, 1/3 of the stolen cars have vanished for good.

Yup, new paint job, new vin number, bob's your uncle! Lol

Hi everyone my apologises I have just realised I am clicking something other than the like/ thanks button it's the little head in the corner. I hope that isn't causing anyone problems x meanwhile I thought I read user tips okay :) perhaps not

I have a sports car. In Queensland. I try not to think about the insurance, it is pretty awful. I only see the bill once a year thank god, the money comes out of my bank account monthly to ease the pain. Nobody under 25 drives it.

My 1965 mustang is $1200 a year [emoji15]

Sorry to hear that I definitely don't know the insurance business :) but a friends son had a pricey car stolen and these were examples only of things they asked for ? Can't remember exactly but I remember thinking wow what a drama on the other hand I have found the 1 claim I had for something else quite easy process

Yeh, probably for car theft it's a lot more investigation. I currently have an abandoned car parked in front of my house which I've reported... People actually dump them in our quiet cul de sac all the time. I think they must be insurance fraud jobs.

There was a back order for them after the first lot I think. I remember because there was an article about ST's car theft on a mustang page saying they hoped it got recovered as he'd have a long wait to replace it.

Unsure of during the ownership period of the car but as at the weekend that car had no encumbrances secured against it, I believe.

The first shipment sold out on pre order within a month or so I believe.

Hi can you link me the footage you saw please, tia

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Incredible I would not have thought it was still such a big business thanks for that

Hi everyone my apologises I have just realised I am clicking something other than the like/ thanks button it's the little head in the corner. I hope that isn't causing anyone problems x meanwhile I thought I read user tips okay :) perhaps not

You're doing great! :D

Possibly edited by LE before releasing to the media for publication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC