Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies everyone. I read the crime map post quickly and thought it was for Boscainos house.

The neighbouring suburb to Northgate, Nundah, is often referred to as 'Nundahbelly' - as in the underbelly / crime series.
At one stage a street in Nundah had the unenviable title of one of the worst 3 or 4 places in qld to live due to the drug deals that happened there.

Thank you for that info, WWGY. That's helpful to know.

Guys, the crime maps only show the crimes in the area and NOT pinpointing a specific house

https://data.police.qld.gov.au/CrimeStatsMobile/#/map

'Crimes are mapped on or near the location where they occurred. To protect privacy, individual addresses are not highlighted on the map.

I was using the old crimemaps.info which links crimes to particular houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a general FYI post... This Crime Map is a handy tool for QLD'ers & I see access to it will soon change to invite only (pop up message on home page has more info). I've used it previously as a guide for buying & renting (& general curiousness of my surroundings when feeling sleuthy lol). It allows you to look up an address/area in search box to see history of any crimes that have occurred, using data provided to the site owner by QPS. It may come in useful, thought I'd share :)

http://www.crimemap.info

**Added** I just saw your post above OLW lol... sorry for repeat.

Just a general FYI post... This Crime Map is a handy tool for QLD'ers & I see access to it will soon change to invite only (pop up message on home page has more info). I've used it previously as a guide for buying & renting (& general curiousness of my surroundings when feeling sleuthy lol). It allows you to look up an address/area in search box to see history of any crimes that have occurred, using data provided to the site owner by QPS. It may come in useful, thought I'd share :)

Thanks! :seeya:

Thank you.

I wish we had the equivalent in NSW. I'd be sleuthing it up all over the place.

Thank you.

I wish we had the equivalent in NSW. I'd be sleuthing it up all over the place.

I wish we had access to databases, like the US sleuths have. The stuff they can access over there is unreal. Criminal histories, mug shots, if and where a person is in prison, details of house sales (who sold it to who and when) ... all kinds of stuff !!! And they are really good at accessing it all.

Hi it takes a while, the police are fairly quick but the insurance company for something like this would have a really hard look. Some examples they would ask for is phone numbers of bosses, pay slips, bank statements and phone records for previous 3 months. IMO

Thanks & yes i would imagine so. I think Sam would have to had his vehicle comprehensively insured to cover for theft, which is fairly expensive, because i don't think third party ins. covers for theft does it?

Thanks & yes i would imagine so. I think Sam would have to had his vehicle comprehensively insured to cover for theft, which is fairly expensive, because i don't think third party ins. covers for theft does it?

It would be nutsy to own an expensive car like that and not have comprehensive insurance on it. Any little ding would cost a fortune to remedy.
Plain liability insurance is generally just used for inexpensive or old cars. imo

how does this work if the crime map gets if from the QPS but they don't give the address themselves?

All new data from 2014 onwards is being retrieved via the CrimeStatsDesktop website provided by the Queensland Police Service. This data is also released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license and can be seen in the following screenshot.
Note
In absolutely no way is this website affiliated or endorsed by the Queensland Police Service or any other company.
Data Provider
© State of Queensland (Queensland Police Service) 2012

It would be nutsy to own an expensive car like that and not have comprehensive insurance on it. Any little ding would cost a fortune to remedy.
Plain liability insurance is generally just used for inexpensive or old cars. imo

Yes that's true. I remember years ago my hubby insured his Harley Davidson motorbike, and it cost a lot back then, but after a while he didn't care about it, and just put better security around the house, and we had our guard dog back then who died since.

how does this work if the crime map gets if from the QPS but they don't give the address themselves?

All new data from 2014 onwards is being retrieved via the CrimeStatsDesktop website provided by the Queensland Police Service. This data is also released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license and can be seen in the following screenshot.
Note
In absolutely no way is this website affiliated or endorsed by the Queensland Police Service or any other company.
Data Provider
[emoji767] State of Queensland (Queensland Police Service) 2012

Not sure exactly, but here is a screenshot from crimemaps.info which they are changing to limit public access moving forward, It shows every house and each crime recorded at each address :)

ea74ea9a46b4fe6d13bb0e6af4fa9191.jpg

Thanks :) I'm having a look at it now, Im not sold on it, there was a poor lady murdered by her husband near me and I know the house but its not coming up. If it is accurate then blimey there are a lot of people doing drugs :-/

I've been hesitant to post post on here too Matey! But good advice thank you all

Hi highverse....so I'm not the only one...:blowkiss:

My perception about this case has changed dramatically since finding out and realizing that it was actually the "Thompson family home" where the first hold-up/robbery occurred in September 2016.

My initial intuition about this case is proving to be correct with every passing day and for this reason I've decided not to post anymore on this thread..:seeya:

My perception about this case has changed dramatically since finding out and realizing that it was actually the "Thompson family home" where the first hold-up/robbery occurred in September 2016.

My initial intuition about this case is proving to be correct with every passing day and for this reason I've decided not to post anymore on this thread..:seeya:

Interesting, I think I see where you're going with that...

Hi, I hope I get this right but We have compulsory 3rd party (part of rego) which just covers the occupants then another 3rd party which covers the other car itself and then from their all others Levels but I would think it would be comprehensive cover though for a car like this.
Also I don't want to go back to much and this may have come up and I missed it but I would think to order a car that has up to 12 months wait for delivery (if true) you would need not only substantial deposit but show confident means of payment. I think he may have been close to owning that car ?
I feel so sad for Sam regardless of anything.

Note
Data Provider
© State of Queensland (Queensland Police Service) 2012
A third party is using police stats under a Creative Commons license

OMG sorry matey, I took the above as a dig at me asking questions, I'll calm my farm sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets