Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be in it for Sam to be a drug informant? He wouldn't really benefit monetarily from what i have read. So why would he do that i wonder if that's in fact what got him killed?

What's usually in it for most informants is a hope of reduced/dropped charges for their own crimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's usually in it for most informants is a hope of reduced/dropped charges for their own crimes.

Thanks Marples, if you had been here last night I wouldn't have had to Google it myself, but I'm glad I did, so many interesting articles. <modsnip>

This opens up a few scenarios. If Sam turned informant to lead the Qld drug squad to a drug lord/boss, was he executed by AD and RB? Will AD and RB have the same opportunity to turn informant to reduce their sentence?
This could be a complex case or extremely simple one; a drug deal gone wrong/unpaid debts/drug fueled argument leading to murder/jealous rage/accidental death....it will be fascinating what is revealed in time. JMO

This opens up a few scenarios. If Sam turned informant to lead the Qld drug squad to a drug lord/boss, was he executed by AD and RB? Will AD and RB have the same opportunity to turn informant to reduce their sentence?
This could be a complex case or extremely simple one; a drug deal gone wrong/unpaid debts/drug fueled argument leading to murder/jealous rage/accidental death....it will be fascinating what is revealed in time. JMO

Oh yes the cascade effect will be tremendous if that is the case. Bringing down 'big fish' could play a part in their trials.

And sometimes monetary compensation. And also 'If' ST had a previous drug conviction?
(quote)
A police informant was paid $250,000 two years ago for helping put away the mastermind behind the assassination of Sydney MP John Newman.

But that is the only six-figure sum paid to a informant in Australia in the past five years.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...rarely-paid-to-informants#eWPEJg80TsijJrRA.99

(quote)
Police use of informers is morally problematic at a number of levels: at the level of the institution; at
the level
of investigation management within the institution; and at the level of the individual (both
informer and police officer). Drawing upon the author&#8217;s practitioner experience of managing
informers in England, this paper explores the ethics of informing with
in the context of Miller and
Blackler&#8217;s moral theory of policing.
Informers are understood to be individuals who supply information about other persons
covertly to the authorities, usually in expectation of some form of reward and usually at the
instigation of the authorities.
The author is grateful to John
Kleinig for his helpful and supportive comments on earlier drafts of this paper.
The information thus supplied is specifically characterized: it is
information leading to intelligence or evidence that the authorities need to pursue enforcement or
regulatory investigation and which cannot be obtained by other
means. The informer has access to
such information by virtue of his or her relationship with the individual subject of the information.
The informer and police are involved in a covert relationship which deceives the individual about
whom information is being passed.
http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1580&context=lawpapers

Oh yes the cascade effect will be tremendous if that is the case. Bringing down 'big fish' could play a part in their trials.

Oooh ... I hope we get to hear the magic words "star chamber"!

And sometimes monetary compensation. And also 'If' ST had a previous drug conviction?
(quote)
A police informant was paid $250,000 two years ago for helping put away the mastermind behind the assassination of Sydney MP John Newman.

But that is the only six-figure sum paid to a informant in Australia in the past five years.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...rarely-paid-to-informants#eWPEJg80TsijJrRA.99

Yes, sometimes. That's why I said usually. There are many types of arrangements.

tweed coast road, wooyung.jpg

I've just driven Tweed Coast Rd from Wooyung to Pottsville this morning sleuthing on my way back from NSW. It's approx 8 klms, a lot of vegetation on the sides of the road and reasonably quiet. Can't get my head around dumping the car on the side of the road. There are heaps of little side roads that lead to the beach one side or to a couple of creeks the other side where the car could have been hidden. Or if they wanted it stolen why not leave it in a more populated area.

View attachment 115766

I've just driven Tweed Coast Rd from Wooyung to Pottsville this morning sleuthing on my way back from NSW. It's approx 8 klms, a lot of vegetation on the sides of the road and reasonably quiet. Can't get my head around dumping the car on the side of the road. There are heaps of little side roads that lead to the beach one side or to a couple of creeks the other side where the car could have been hidden. Or if they wanted it stolen why not leave it in a more populated area.

Thank you Pi!!!

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I know the area and it just makes no sense at all to me.....but maybe these guys made no sense in their actions after the murder? Maybe they were off their chops and just scrambling around.

Like Poss said, maybe they ditched it where it ran out of fuel??

:thinking:

Thank you Pi!!!

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I know the area and it just makes no sense at all to me.....but maybe these guys made no sense in their actions after the murder? Maybe they were off their chops and just scrambling around.

Like Poss said, maybe they ditched it where it ran out of fuel??

:thinking:

Maybe they realised the ***** they were in and scrambled? Or yes fuel....... or did they stop and police have footage?? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
Are there other friends or family involved?
Were they told by bigger fish to dump and flee???

Sooooooooo many questions lol

I tried to find some indication of where the car was found but it was raining and I had a car right behind so couldn't see any indentifiers or tape anywhere. Doesn't matter really. A lot of things don't make sense with this case. :gaah:

View attachment 115766

Thank you PI awesome journey :)

Sorry to change topic but today I was thinking about previous comments in relation to committal next month. Stating the obvious but just in case next month will no doubt be one of many "mentions" before actual committal hearing ? I would not expect committal to be until this time next year and then another 12 months before actual trial. I also would not be surprised if only partial information gets bought up.

I tried to find some indication of where the car was found but it was raining and I had a car right behind so couldn't see any indentifiers or tape anywhere. Doesn't matter really. A lot of things don't make sense with this case. :gaah:

I haven't driven there for a fair while but was there other cars parked along there ? When I used to travel that road cars would be parked while people at beach etc

I haven't driven there for a fair while but was there other cars parked along there ? When I used to travel that road cars would be parked while people at beach etc

Very quiet today, only saw about 4 cars parked on the beach side, none on the other side. Yucky day though, raining and very overcast.

Thinking back to the home invasion, some years ago I was in a locked ward situation with a common area and there was a young couple in there who had come in after an armed holdup. They were interlocked together on the couch in foetal position for two days.
My observation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member