Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me think that is why Sam's car was left there for so long, with the windows down. Maybe someone would steal it (as possum has said), or think something had happened to Sam at that location ... at the hands of himself or someone else ... if they left it there through the night.
But, no, the next morning it was still there. May be part of the reason why they got twitchy and moved the car down to NSW?

I noticed in the police presser, a reporter asked if there were any prints in the car. The Inspector answered no. Then the reporter asked if the car was wiped clean. And the Inspector said that there were no identifiable prints. (He seemed, to me, to be a bit evasive at this part.)

IMO JMO MOO

I actually did hear somewhere, and sorry I don't remember where, so I get if the mods ping me here, that one of the things they caused concern was the lack of prints in the car: even ST's, the ones you'd expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree different circumstances but water would destroy everything. It would be easier to roll a car into water than to go to the lengths they did and still fail at trying to cover up a crime. Not necessarily leaving it at DWB but elsewhere. Just my thoughts ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Burning the car out would have also obliterated evidence but I wondered if they didn't go with that in case it got discovered too fast.

JMO IMO MOO

That article is very amusing!! :floorlaugh: Remember someone else on the Qld LE FB page called it a car for 'plastic gangstas'......?

I was just thinking about AD and his Chrysler last night actually. I couldn't remember if we knew what year his model was? (I was trying to work out if it was expensive or just around the $20K mark like loads of them on the car sales sites online.)

It's a 2010 model so yes around $17-20K

Okay …. I am going to raise a couple of subjects again, because now I have some valuable links to support the theories.

Firstly, the amount of police immediately assigned to Sam’s case. A very large number, as most of us have agreed.
Another extremely comparable (imo) case where this has happened is the Jamie Gao case – I think PrimeSuspect may have mentioned this case in past threads, and upon review it seems VERY, VERY, VERY similar.

Led by the highly respected veteran Detective Inspector Russell Oxford, the entire resources of the squad were rallied. More than 50 detectives began the task of tracking Gao’s last movements ….

A senior detective said: “The clock was ticking because we thought we had this kid tied up somewhere and we had to find him.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/68d002317b31e0353ed23813c68a6faa

IMO JMO MOO

Agree! I remember in one of the early pressers they talked about being worried ST was held captive. I thought of JG :( Where there is a prospect of recovery and the possibility of torture/violence, I'd imagine this provides quite the impetus to assign resources and maximize opportunity for a positive outcome.

Thank you, Anais. Brain storming.

I just want to provide some interesting info for others to have a think about, and provide their feedback, theories, speculation, and ideas. Many minds make great work! We may figure this crime out yet. :)

IMO JMO MOO

I've always thought this was about drugs. And not a small amount of money or product. JMO IMO MOO

I've always thought this was about drugs. And not a small amount of money or product. JMO IMO MOO

Imo no doubt about drugs from my end! And lots of it imo

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

The closest I have seen MSM to coming out and declaring 'trust' as such is in the top video on this page, where they say RB is a known associate of ST.
http://www.4kq.com.au/newsroom/grave-site-found-in-search-for-murdered-sam-thompson

I can see how this laid back vibe may have occurred. If the lads all knew each other, there may have been some familiarity. If ST had never seen then be violent or explosive with him or others he may have felt there was no cause for caution. Clearly, any trust was misplaced because it went south, fast, it seems.

JMO IMO MOO

Marples - you are such a wonderful asset to the thread. Full of info!! :loveyou:

So perhaps ST took a sample (his timeline between being seen on Sandgate road and arriving at RB) and they got frustrated?
They wanted the whole lot?

IMO MOO JMO

I think more than a sample. A big buy. Maybe ST felt he'd franchise and sell a large amount for RB and AD to onsell. Maybe they'd been moving smaller amounts for him successfully and paid on time so he thought it okay to knock it up a notch?

JMO IMO MOO

Was Sam working as an undercover officer?

I think not for a couple of reasons. Including but not limited to, if he was a UC he'd have likely had better minders than ones that lost him for enough time for him to end up dead and in a bush grave. Also, ST didn't even finish high school. I doubt he'd have got into QPS without further studies.

WOW!!!!! Awesome sleuthing and ideas. So much to reread and think about thanks
Can I throw another twist what if Sam wasn't even in their sights much but one of the others were ? I'm not really swaying to this idea as the other two appear to be the users maybe but ... that would certainly receive a similar response I would imagine

I think ST was the bigger fish here in the drug situation. If RB and AD were just ice heads off their nuts who killed ST for drugs or money, it would not be the first time addicts had killed their dealers. Drugs are a cruel mistress.

I think not for a couple of reasons. Including but not limited to, if he was a UC he'd have likely had better minders than ones that lost him for enough time for him to end up dead and in a bush grave. Also, ST didn't even finish high school. I doubt he'd have got into QPS without further studies.

BBM

And would that not also be the case if he was under surveillance? That's the aspect that makes me doubt the 'under surveillance' theory.....that he was able to be murdered and LE didn't know where or by whom immediately.

JMO etc etc

Interesting doco on an undercover cop in the UK if anyone's interested:

[video=youtube;SohfbpmwphI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SohfbpmwphI[/video]

Wondering what the route to become an undercover cop is?

Does anyone go straight from the Academy into undercover work? Or do they have to start with the 'grunt' police work and move up?

Is any of this undercover scenario feasible for a 22 year old?

Marples, you may well know this?

It would be rare to go straight from the academy to UC work. Possible if you came to the job with specific skills and a policing history: ie you were a police officer in another country etc.

The level of mental fortitude and resilience required by a UC is enormous. You need to be quick thinking and manage situations coolly, within the law and yet behave like you are not concerned with the law.

One of the difficulties for UC's particularly drug ones, is that by the time they have the required policing skills to manage a role like this, they often do not match up with the crowd they are trying to blend in with. It's one of the reasons they get low level drug sellers to be CI's: they can blend in well with the crowd and have established networks.

UC work also carries a lot of risk, to the officer and their family/associates. The logistics are massive and complex. At times they can be states away from home for months on end.

UC work is done in varying ways, singularly, pairs etc.

BBM

And would that not also be the case if he was under surveillance? That's the aspect that makes me doubt the 'under surveillance' theory.....that he was able to be murdered and LE didn't know where or by whom immediately.

JMO etc etc

Yes and no. People can be under surveillance and still get knocked off. 24 hour surveillance is not always the case. I recall a case where a guy was under surveillance. His watchers hung up the boots and he was shot within an hour: drugs case.

It's sad to say but not all CI's have value to LE. They actually ask quite a lot of them even to get off minor charges. At times, this can be focused on young/inexperienced offenders accepting an offer to be a CI if they are very fearful of being charged/going to jail. Offering to do quite a lot for charges that are probably not as disastrous or penalty laden as they think. The sad thing is, their upstream drug people are very hip to LE and have a good nose for if someone is a CI and this can land them in hot water.

I could list examples but will stop ranting LOL

<modsnip>

ST grew up in Brisbane. No signs he dropped out of life for years and went off somewhere for long enough to do policing.

Rare to do UC where you live, for a myriad of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member