Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Honestly, I'm thinking, for $500 odd a week full time in a day care, the lure of drug selling would be high.

Child care is a love job, hard work, massive responsibility and low pay.

JMO MOO IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST grew up in Brisbane. No signs he dropped out of life for years and went off somewhere for long enough to do policing.

Rare to do UC where you live, for a myriad of reasons.

There was a period of no FB activity......... 2011-2012

So Sam was 17 yrs old at this time? Maybe the same time he "left" high school? When did Sam do his tafe course for childcare?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm. Still thinking likely not. The average age of recruits without prior policing experience is between 25-30. This is primarily because they like recruits to have life and work experience.

You do general duties for 3-5 years on average. Then you can apply for more specialized roles.

Where recruits are sometimes taken outside this, it may be because of a special program or meeting the QPS diversity goals. For example, indigenous or female recruits.

There recruitment phase at Oxley is around 25-26 weeks last I heard.

So it's possible but I doubt it.

Very unusual for a lad of his age to have no FB activity for such a long time. I wonder why?

IMO JMO MOO

I have gaps in mine to non friends: it's from where I posted nothing as "public". Just a thought

JMO IMO MOO IMHO

I have gaps in mine to non friends: it's from where I posted nothing as "public". Just a thought

JMO IMO MOO IMHO

I wonder if this was a period where he was seriously into ice hockey? His dad said that he even Captained the team one year. That would have kept him super-busy.

IMO JMO MOO

I wonder if this was a period where he was seriously into ice hockey? His dad said that he even Captained the team one year. That would have kept him super-busy.

IMO JMO MOO

Yes. I think he was repping when he was 15 or 16?

Burning the car out would have also obliterated evidence but I wondered if they didn't go with that in case it got discovered too fast.

JMO IMO MOO

Submerging would have been less obvious than torching it. I also wonder if maybe there were plans of going to spare parts,chopshop for rebirthing..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So, I just listened to and transcribed the part of the presser where Bruce talks about the home invasion.

Either that home invasion did not happen at the parent's house. Or that is being covered up for some reason. I only say that because at first the reporter said the 'house' then he very quickly changed it to 'apartment'. And Sam's dad nodded. Almost as if they had been told not to mention that the home invasion was at the house.

Are we sure it was at the house?

REPORTER: We know some people broke into his house, or at his apartment I think when he was living elsewhere (Bruce nods) in September &#8230; did he ever open up to you guys about it? Was he fearful after that happened at all, or &#8230;..?

BRUCE: He didn&#8217;t appear fearful. He didn&#8217;t want to live there any longer. And he .. you know .. he moved out that same day. Umm. He didn&#8217;t really open up. Look, I talked to him about it, but he didn&#8217;t really open up. Look, he only moved a suburb away. And once he got the car back .. you know .. he seemed happy.
Umm, as I said, not a lot of thought in Sam&#8217;s life, he was a pretty gregarious, outgoing sort of person. He would do anything, as I said previously. He would do anything for his friends. Friends meant everything to Sam. As did family. Umm &#8230; and Kody. I dunno .. you know .. in the scheme of things, I don&#8217;t know where we all rated. But Kody was up there high.

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/video-homicide-detectives-still-on-the-hunt-for-th/3157682/

IMO JMO MOO

So, I just listened to and transcribed the part of the presser where Bruce talks about the home invasion.

Either that home invasion did not happen at the parent's house. Or that is being covered up for some reason. I only say that because at first the reporter said the 'house' then he very quickly changed it to 'apartment'. And Sam's dad nodded. Almost as if they had been told not to mention that the home invasion was at the the house.

REPORTER: We know some people broke into his house, or at his apartment I think when he was living elsewhere (Bruce nods) in September … did he ever open up to you guys about it? Was he fearful after that happened at all, or …..?

BRUCE: He didn’t appear fearful. He didn’t want to live there any longer. And he .. you know .. he moved out that same day. Umm. He didn’t really open up. Look, I talked to him about it, but he didn’t really open up. Look, he only moved a suburb away. And once he got the car back .. you know .. he seemed happy.
Umm, as I said, not a lot of thought in Sam’s life, he was a pretty gregarious, outgoing sort of person. He would do anything, as I said previously. He would do anything for his friends. Friends meant everything to Sam. As did family. Umm … and Kody. I dunno .. you know .. in the scheme of things, I don’t know where we all rated. But Kody was up there high.

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/video-homicide-detectives-still-on-the-hunt-for-th/3157682/

IMO JMO MOO

I looked at pictures of the house and the video.
I am 99% sure the robbery was at the house.
MOO IMO JMO

I looked at pictures of the house and the video.
I am 99% sure the robbery was at the house.
MOO IMO JMO

That is what I thought. Isn't it weird how they quickly changed it to his 'apartment'.

I wonder if that is to protect Sam's family in some way? May be so, if things are as we suspect they might be. :thinking:

IMO JMO MOO

Either that home invasion did not happen at the parent's house. Or that is being covered up for some reason. I only say that because at first the reporter said the 'house' then he very quickly changed it to 'apartment'. And Sam's dad nodded. Almost as if they had been told not to mention that the home invasion was at the the house.

REPORTER: We know some people broke into his house, or at his apartment I think when he was living elsewhere (Bruce nods) in September … did he ever open up to you guys about it? Was he fearful after that happened at all, or …..?

BRUCE: He didn’t appear fearful. He didn’t want to live there any longer. And he .. you know .. he moved out that same day. Umm. He didn’t really open up. Look, I talked to him about it, but he didn’t really open up. Look, he only moved a suburb away. And once he got the car back .. you know .. he seemed happy.
Umm, as I said, not a lot of thought in Sam’s life, he was a pretty gregarious, outgoing sort of person. He would do anything, as I said previously. He would do anything for his friends. Friends meant everything to Sam. As did family. Umm … and Kody. I dunno .. you know .. in the scheme of things, I don’t know where we all rated. But Kody was up there high.

IMO JMO MOO

BBM

Some contradictory things said in this small excerpt......'He didn't appear fearful'....yet.....'He didn't want to live there any longer'....and....... 'he moved out that same day'......!!

That suggests he was fearful IMO.

MOO IMHO

That is what I thought. Isn't it weird how they quickly changed it to his 'apartment'.

I wonder if that is to protect Sam's family in some way? May be so, if things are as we suspect they might be. :thinking:

IMO JMO MOO

I am pretty sure the MSM report with video of it said "the Sapsford St residence" or similar wording. So def the fam home if so.

I was surprised that apparently the video article seems to indicate it was in the early morning it occurred. I'd have thought they'd be in bed (I think the article said something like "were awoken") but I am sure ST lived downstairs under the house? In the rumpus room?

Maybe he slept upstairs if the folks were away?

BBM

Some contradictory things said in this small excerpt......'He didn't appear fearful'....yet.....'He didn't want to live there any longer'....and....... 'he moved out that same day'......!!

MOO IMHO

Yes, I agree. And didn't 'a girl' open the door for the home invaders? If that was Courtney, I would think that the trouble needed to be taken away from the house. Any further trouble. Any potential trouble. And if the trouble was following Sam, then he needed to get away from the house.

IMO JMO MOO

BBM

MOO IMHO

Agree. A lot in the family pressers seemed jumbled/contradictory but it's a stressful situation I guess.

I am pretty sure the MSM report with video of it said "the Sapsford St residence" or similar wording. So def thefilg home if so.

I was surprised that apparently the video article seems to indicate it was in the early morning it occurred. I'd have thought they'd be in bed (I think the article said something like "were awoken") but I am sure ST lived downstairs under the house? In the rumpus room?

Maybe he slept upstairs if the folks were away?

Do you have a link to this article, Marples? Only it doesn't seem to be the article containing the video I am watching. I just want to see the contradictions I am hearing in the video. It is puzzling ... and thought-provoking.

Do you have a link to this article, Marple? Only it doesn't seem to be the article containing the video I am watching. I just want to see the contradictions I am hearing in the video. It is puzzling ... and thought-provoking.

I'll look. Gimme a bit. I'm rubbish with tech. The last time I texted someone a link to a cute birthday gif thing it ended up being a picture of my water bill [emoji5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member