Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the video that was taken days prior. The mother is holding Sanaya saying something along the lines of "I love you and I miss you"..
Who was filming and who was that video for??

What has made this woman snap and murder her own flesh and blood?
Has it actually been confirmed that ex husband was abusive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkx

I assumed that video was filmed for Sanayas dad? He's the one who gave the video to the media so I guess she sent that to him.. If she'd been planning this, was it one final goodbye for him? :(

Victorian government to launch full investigation into Sanaya Sahib’s death

A FULL investigation into the death of Sanaya Sahib will be launched tomorrow.
The minister for families and children, Jenny Mikakos, said the probe would focus on whether “strict protocols” had been followed.
“There are strict protocols in place between agencies and services when it comes to sharing information about children,” a government spokesman said.

The family had previously had contact with the Department of Human Services, which refused to answer questions about Sanaya.

The toddler’s dad, Sameer Sahib, said Sanaya’s funeral would be held on Saturday and the public was welcome to attend.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/victorian-government-to-launch-full-investigation-into-sanaya-sahibs-death/news-story/bbed0c9395969ab18379a5d2717d0ab1

[h=1]Wes Hosking[/h] [h=2]@WesHosking[/h] Herald Sun police reporter.

Not the first time an investigation of DHS has been held, this isn't the first child to die under their watch. They have been criticised before on how they handle certain cases, they all too frequently allow mothers to retain custody of children suspected as being abused, working with them whilst under their supervision. But if a father is in a similar situation they take the child away without being offered the same guidance as they offer mothers, this department has needed a complete clean out of personnel for years. They don't seem to comprehend that mothers can & do harm their children, their first response is always to try to keep the child with the mother.

In the video that was taken days prior. The mother is holding Sanaya saying something along the lines of "I love you and I miss you"..

I am wondering if the mother is an Australian citizen? What financial support did she have to raise her infant? If in fact she is not an Australian citizen she would not have been entitled to any C/Link benefits for parenting allowance etc, and probably had to rely on help from her family or child support from her husband? If she was working or able to work in Australia then not sure if she had a job though to support herself and her child?
I wonder if she missed her home in Fiji and with an arranged marriage she had no choice in the matter until she arrived in Australia and was forced into such a relationship, and then realised Australia was a much more liberal thinking country? I didn't even know australia was okay with people in arranged marriages and to allow immigration for a foreign citizen for that purpose, so that was a bit of a shock to find out.
I think it was stated by her uncle that her marriage was an acrimonious one.

We don't know if they were or weren't - these things go so slow sometimes. There has been no reliable statements about this anyway. A lot of this sounds like a bunch of different peoples stories all rolled into one. There is no way a paramedic would TELL a family member that they suspected attempted smothering or abuse, no way in the world - I'm assuming this is just coming from the story combos.

[h=1]Home video reveals smiling and happy Sanaya Sahib two days before toddler was murdered[/h]

6:25 pm

7 News understands the little girl had signs of abuse on her body, before she was allegedly smothered.
It appeared that she had been struck in the mouth prior to her death.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/313...speaks-out-after-ex-wife-charged-with-murder/

I notice they say police believe she was captured on video walking towards a creek to dispose of her body.

Where is msm getting their information about Sanaya's death & mistreatment from? The police? Have police done a presser yet to validate all this msm info? Not saying it isn't true but what is their scource?

No police media release since yesterdays announcement of an arrest in the case

No you're right we aren't privy to much at all apart from msm sensationalising this terrible tragedy. I don't even know where they get their info. from if LE are keeping things from being known to the public? That's why i take msm articles with quite a bit of skeptisism, unless verified by police.
And i can't see a report by paramedics and hospital staff when a baby's life is at stake that it would not be reported to police who should of intervened before the baby left the hospital i would think. So what to believe? Who really knows until more is known from investigators.

This is now a high profile case & as with other similar cases I don't expect anything more than the release of COD from the police until her committal hearing in August. The police will do everything in their power to ensure she gets a fair trial, they will not release anything that may jeopardize this process.

This is now a high profile case & as with other similar cases I don't expect anything more than the release of COD from the police until her committal hearing in August. The police will do everything in their power to ensure she gets a fair trial, they will not release anything that may jeopardize this process.

Yes, exactly.

I am wondering if the mother is an Australian citizen? What financial support did she have to raise her infant? If in fact she is not an Australian citizen she would not have been entitled to any C/Link benefits for parenting allowance etc, and probably had to rely on help from her family or child support from her husband? If she was working or able to work in Australia then not sure if she had a job though to support herself and her child?
I wonder if she missed her home in Fiji and with an arranged marriage she had no choice in the matter until she arrived in Australia and was forced into such a relationship, and then realised Australia was a much more liberal thinking country? I didn't even know australia was okay with people in arranged marriages and to allow immigration for a foreign citizen for that purpose, so that was a bit of a shock to find out.
I think it was stated by her uncle that her marriage was an acrimonious one.

The child was born here so the mother would have received full centrelink entitlements

I notice they say police believe she was captured on video walking towards a creek to dispose of her body.

There are pictures of her with the pram upthread a bit. I think it is odd considering i was reading about how there were no active CCTV operational in the area, and the local council in that area said cameras had been installed but wouldn't be operational until July. So don't know where the footage came from?
I tried to find the article again to post up, but haven't had any luck yet. Will keep looking.

There are pictures of her with the pram upthread a bit. I think it is odd considering i was reading about how there were no active CCTV operational in the area, and the local council in that area said cameras had been installed but wouldn't be operational until July. So don't know where the footage came from?
I tried to find the article again to post up, but haven't had any luck yet. Will keep looking.
There was mention of private residences having CCTV.

The child was born here so the mother would have received full centrelink entitlements

I wasn't aware that a child born in Australia to foreign nationals automatically became an Australian citizen?

I've been thinking about the abuse she claimed and left him for. I believe it and wonder how abusive he got? :moo:

Has the mother's FB gone? I just had a look and couldn't find it.

Would it be safe to say that anyone who murders someone, commits a heinous act or is considered 'evil' suffers from some sort of mental illness of varying degree.......?

I can never correlate the difference.

I always find it interesting however the different reactions of when a filicide is committed.Take for instance the Port Lincoln murder/suicide. The Dad that killed his 2 children. The social media and msm commentary on that as per my observations seemed to consist mainly of empathy towards the Father with calls for better metal health services even though it was acknowledged by the family that he had been encouraged to seek some help but refused. He was heralded as a 'good bloke' and many other wonderful things. From what I read most people were sympathetic towards him. I wonder if this is because he killed himself too?

Father's generally kill their children as an act of violence towards the mother and is about control and revenge, for Mother's it seems to be more about feelings of hopelessness and a perceived lack of support however that is mainly in the context of filicide/suicide.

Anyway just my observations and thoughts.

Here is a link to a very good study on filicide in the context of separation.

http://www.dvrcv.org.au/sites/default/files/‘Just Say Goodbye’ (January 2013 online edition).pdf

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back