GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quote from her mother :

"If she doesn't have her puffer and she doesn't get an ambulance to her she could die within half an hour."

I hope they find her safe and soon

This reminds me a bit of Ivy Merck's missing case. Let's hope it's the same outcome and she deliberately left, on our own accord.

BD332CC1-312B-42BF-9929-4B6D0A0C7BB7-17478-00000BA3B537BF5E.jpg

Sgt Glenn Saw said the search for Ms Cafferkey had moved to the Maribyrnong and Footscray areas but police did not hold concerns for her safety.

"At this stage we don't hold fears as such but obviously we do hold some sort of reservation to her safety in the fact that she does suffer from a medical condition which requires medication and we're not sure if she's got that with her," he said.

This morning's Courier Mail

I'd say they definitely know much more than has been released to the public. And IMO if this is a deliberate effort to hide, as an adult SC would surely be able to access more asthma medication if she had to. It's all very mysterious that's for sure.

Missing woman received threats

November 17, 2012 - 6:30PM

HOMICIDE detectives have taken over the investigation into missing Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey, as it emerged that she had received threats from a male friend in the lead-up to her disappearance.

The escalation of the police investigation followed the discovery of Ms Cafferkey's car on Thursday night.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/missing-woman-received-threats-20121117-29izw.html#ixzz2CTM1sKMd

MOO, but I no longer feel or believe that Sarah is missing by choice/voluntarily. :(

Sheesh they can't make up their minds can they? Or investigators sure are keeping info to themselves (which I understand they may deem appropriate) Today I was imagining possible scenarios for SC to take off, like arguments with friends or family, running off with a new man etc. - because reports said they weren't concerned after finding her car!
And we were reading those abusive comments from the ex days ago - that particular male friend must be on the receiving end of a bit of abuse himself about now.

I also keep thinking of the absolute media saturation only a month ago when we were following poor Jill Meagher's case in the same state. There is even less info available about missing NSW Central Coast woman Leisl Smith and she disappeared without a trace 3 months ago.

I really do think that immediate friends and family would honestly know if someone close to them was likely to just take off on purpose. If they say it would never happen or would be totally out of character (unless there has been some out of the ordinary incident that could provoke a disappearance) then alarm bells should ring loudly.

Oh my goodness, then I am extremely sorry for saying she was voluntary missing :(

I am completely baffled - it was only yesterday they said they were not concerned and now her case has been assigned to homicide? LE have obviously found something more :( I'm gutted.

Wasn't there another case recently where the police said it wasn't suspicious but it then turned out to be a murder case? So I don't take much notice of the 'not suspicious' line. I hope she's found soon.

It certainly isn't looking good. I was also of the opinion that Sarah was missing of her own volition. Reports that homicide detectives have now stepped in is very concerning. I was hoping that Sarah had just taken off for a while. I didn't want to read that another beautiful girl had been murdered. :furious:

:moo:

It certainly isn't looking good. I was also of the opinion that Sarah was missing of her own volition. Reports that homicide detectives have now stepped in is very concerning. I was hoping that Sarah had just taken off for a while. I didn't want to read that another beautiful girl had been murdered. :furious:

:moo:

The police have clearly got a lot more to go on than we do. The car being found is extremely suspicious to me, and also that she has not used her phone or bank account. Plus leaving her beloved puppy alone :( We still have not recovered from Jill Meagher. :(

The police have clearly got a lot more to go on than we do. The car being found is extremely suspicious to me, and also that she has not used her phone or bank account. Plus leaving her beloved puppy alone :( We still have not recovered from Jill Meagher. :(

FruitTingles, I don't think I will ever recover from the Jill Meagher case! I've been mulling over the situation with Sarah and I'm now starting to think that the Police may have had someone in their sights from early on. I found it odd that Sarah's FB friends weren't openly talking a whole lot more about the circumstances of her disappearance. I feel sure that quite a few of them know a lot more and have passed this onto the Police, who in turn have told them to keep quiet or it could hamper their investigation. I'm also thinking that some of Sarah's friends may be afraid of certain people in their midst.

MOO.

FruitTingles, I don't think I will ever recover from the Jill Meagher case! I've been mulling over the situation with Sarah and I'm now starting to think that the Police may have had someone in their sights from early on. I found it odd that Sarah's FB friends weren't openly talking a whole lot more about the circumstances of her disappearance. I feel sure that quite a few of them know a lot more and have passed this onto the Police, who in turn have told them to keep quiet or it could hamper their investigation. I'm also thinking that some of Sarah's friends may be afraid of certain people in their midst.

MOO.

I know how you feel, I personally won't ever recover from it either. It was even creepier when I had been walking where she was captured on CCTV and spending a bit of time in that same area earlier this year. I hope we get some much needed updates on Sarah's case soon, we are being left in the dark big time, for good reason probably but we have nothing to go on. Not even what she was last seen wearing... I'm absolutely baffled.

JMO.

To go from this:
Sarah's vehicle, a silver 2001 Astra sedan, was located in Owen St, Maribyrnong. Sgt Glenn Saw said the search for Ms Cafferkey had moved to the Maribyrnong and Footyscray areas but police did not hold concerns for her safety.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/vict...-sarah-cafferkey/story-e6frf7kx-1226518347646

To this in 24 hours:
Homicide squad detectives have taken over the investigation into the missing young woman Sarah. Victoria Police said the length of time the 22-year-old has been missing, her mobile phone and bank account not being used and the discovery of her abandoned car on Friday led to the Homicide squad taking charge yesterday.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/vict...y-homicide-squad/story-e6frf7kx-1226518784978

It is extremely upsetting. I wonder if they may have found possible evidence in her car?

I wish police would clarify exactly who saw her last and where, and what she was wearing at least. It is mystifying me as to why these basic details haven't been released, unless a police strategy is in play.

I wish police would clarify exactly who saw her last and where, and what she was wearing at least. It is mystifying me as to why these basic details haven't been released, unless a police strategy is in play.

I think what details have been released have been a police strategy the whole time, designed to make the perp think that he's not under real suspicion in the hopes he would incriminate himself more.

IMO the fact that she received threats in the days before she disappeared would have been a huge red flag, her car turning up in an area that she has no connection with is also a red flag IMO.

I hope and pray that Sarah is found soon and the perp feels the full weight of the law upon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somberlicous