Australia - Shandee Blackburn, 23, murdered, Mackay, Qld, 9 Feb 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks HAL.
I'm still shocked there has been no charges laid yet... I hope it's soon!!
RIP Shandee

I have new MSM links to add. Local talk is that no one wants to live there now. Investment real estate owners remember the nicer times of the local shop. They bought negative gearing rentals in the area and are shocked this would happen in Mackay. In respect to violent stabbing of a girl left for dead in public.

God Bless You Shandee.

I have new MSM links to add. Local talk is that no one wants to live there now. Investment real estate owners remember the nicer times of the local shop. They bought negative gearing rentals in the area and are shocked this would happen in Mackay. In respect to violent stabbing of a girl left for dead in public.

God Bless You Shandee.

You have new MSM links Flinders? Would love to see them. I search for Shandee's name from time to time but haven't noticed anything new.

Sorry SouthAussie, I should have typed NO new links. I am wondering, if like other cases they have set up an strike force or such?

Not sure about a strike force, only remember reading that a higher-up from Brisbane spent a few days there early on to review things.

You would think that someone knows something helpful about this murder that was committed with so much violent anger/passion.

On Wednesday Steve spoke with the sister of murdered Mackay woman Shandee Blackburn. Her case is one of many that are currently baffling Queensland police and remain unsolved.

Download audio

Another Unsolved Murder
31 May 2013 , 8:58 AM by Edwina Stott
http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2013/05/another-unsolved-murder.html

May 05, 2013, Kate Kyriacou

Detective Acting Inspector Paul Elliot said a team of homicide detectives remained in the town to assist local investigators in tracking down Shandee's killer.
"We are still calling on members of the public to assist in any way they can," he said. "They might have heard something fifth or sixth hand that doesn't sound right. They need to tell us. That's for us to try and validate."
Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-new...rn/story-fncynjr2-1226635213394#ixzz2Xb1VOihL

Compare and contrast. RIP Shandee and sending love to your family. It may be a budgeting problem that makes your plight not in the news. Candles and blessings to your Mum.

Major Crime Squad detectives are investigating the disappearance of an 18-year-old Australind man, missing since late last month.

Police and family fear for the welfare of Joshua McLeoad, who was last seen outside a tavern.

Mr McLeod, a labourer, was reported missing after he failed to show up for work on Thursday, June 27, which was considered out of character.

When police first appealed for information about the 18-year-old’s whereabouts, they said he was last seen the previous night, June 26, when a cousin saw him outside The Australind Tavern at about 11.30pm.

He has had no contact with friends, family or work colleagues since.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/17959093/family-police-fear-for-missing-teen/

Grieving mum pleads for help to find Shandee Blackburn's killer, five months after the Mackay tragedy

SHOW some compassion and go to the police - that's the plea from grieving mother Vicki Blackburn to those who might suspect a relative or friend was involved in the murder of her daughter Shandee.

"Whoever did this is not the kind of person that is going to stand in front of the community and say 'I did this'," Ms Blackburn said. "But I think someone, a friend or family, must have some suspicions about this person.

Police say much work is going on behind the scenes to find who killed Shandee on February 9. The murder weapon and Shandee's cream handbag with a skull clasp have never been found.

In Qweekend: Who Killed Shandee Blackburn?

201327-51bc476a-ea08-11e2-85cf-48de1cc8c7cd.jpg

July 12, 2013
http://www.news.com.au/national-new...e-mackay-tragedy/story-fnii5v6w-1226677808066

I see that Shandee's case will be featuring on that newish show 'Wanted' on Channel 10 this coming Monday night.

Bumping with a reminder. As south Aussie said, shandee's murder is one of the cases on the new Wanted tv show tomorrow night. It will be episode 3, and the past 2 episodes have generated new tips and information for multiple cases. Let's hope it is the same for Shandee.

There are two sisters whom Shandee had been living with, from what I can figure out. Vicki in Mackay and Shannah on the Gold Coast.

Has there been mention of the circumstances under which Shandee left the GC to return to Mackay. Was it a hurried departure?

I watched Wanted this week to see Shandee's segment and it was good. Very sad to see the interviews with her loved ones.

They have not published the CCTV that was taken from a nearby private house that shows Shandee walking home and I think it must show her turning into Boddington street from Juliet St. Apparently it has lots of vehicles on it driving in the vicinity at that time. They obviously haven't heard yet from the people in all of those vehicles as they have asked for them to contact police. I expect some have already but not all. There may not be sufficient footage to identify those vehicles.

Also I thought it was interesting that Sandra Sulley said to the policeman that it was a random attack in a question she asked, but he didn't confirm her suggestion it was random, just answered the actual question.

They still haven't recovered her handbag and the policeman showed a bag the same with the black blingy skull emblem. He didnt mention her phone. I presume it was in her bag. If so they must not have been able to use the location services to find it.

I wonder if there are any POI's? It still astounds me that there have been no arrests!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back