Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know everyone says they think if their spouse went missing "they'd be out looking" but really - would you? I doubt the police would actually want that - because it probably wouldn't be helpful at all. It might make you feel better (maybe - debatable) but to what end? They're the ones with the resources and the intelligence [in the law enforcement sense of the word] to do the searching. How much use would physically searching be, as one individual, especially when looking for an adult that has been gone for a while now? Probably next to zero.

This isn't particularly relevant to this case but generally speaking: as the mother of young kids I would want my partner to be home with them and worrying about them and their needs and also working of course to ensure all material needs of the family were met - not worrying about me - I would think it was 100% the responsibility of the police to "find" me and to investigate the case, not anyone else.

IMO I would not have waited from Sunday to Tuesday to report that my spouse was missing.

If I was retired, I would spend all my time in the early days searching and asking people if they had seen her. Not after two weeks perhaps - only early on.

I was looking after my daughter's dog once while she was overseas, and I could not find it so I searched the neighbourhood for two hours asking everyone I then went home to check if he had found his way home and I found him hiding under a bed. Otherwise I would have continued searching.

What did he do between Sunday and the Tuesday?

Was he out searching then or was he cleaning up evidence or getting his story straight or even plucking up courage to tell the police, his sons and her employer? Often the reason why people do not search is because they already know where that person is.

Two months into search for Sharon Edwards

Officers believe that her movements may have taken her towards Lawrence in the early hours of Sunday, March 15.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/two-months-into-search-for-sharon/2643698/

What do you think the evidence could be concerning this statement that the police believe that her movements may have taken her to Lawrence in the early hours? IMO this leads us to suspect her husband as he lives there and close relatives are where police usually begin their inquiries. But that is hardly evidence so what proof could the police have? I also thought it telling when he admitted to having guns hidden plus ammunition. But again that does not prove anything. Has this murderer committed the perfect crime?

If I was retired, I would spend all my time in the early days searching and asking people if they had seen her. Not after two weeks perhaps - only early on.

Well yeah, searching for or making efforts to locate a person in the earliest hours and days is different to being expected to be physically searching for someone weeks later. Two different kettle of fish, and it seems some posters expect people to be physically searching for weeks or months afterwards. Pretty unrealistic.

Now, I think given the stats on who murders women, I do think the most likely scenario is the most obvious one. But at the same time I don't think things like not reporting your estranged spouse missing for four days necessarily means much. Presumably you aren't seeing or talking to them all the time.

Media conference held not long ago: nothing new....watched it live on periscope, can't find a link yet!

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/police-to-address-media-today-on-sharon-edwards-ca/2658755/

SHARON Edwards's red Holden Cruze is now parked outside the Lawrence General Store in hope it will jog someone's memory as to the Grafton teacher's whereabouts.

It is unknown whether her car was in the area at the time before her disappearance on March 14, as it was found parked at her Riverdale Crt home in Grafton, but police hold hopes it may spark a lead.

Police have been door-knocking in the Lawrence area yesterday and today, speaking with more than a dozen locals. The police command truck is also parked outside the general store.

Very interesting about asking for sightings of Sharon's car in Lawrence. Who had the means to return her car to her garage. And then how did they get home?
Or she could have driven to Lawrence late at night then driven herself home, then vanished.

That was 1pm on the 2nd of June, not today... so I think the 'update' is just about the car parked outside the general store.

Ah bugger. June has crept up on me and I'm not getting my dates right! Not much of an update then really - though I guess parking the car there might help to jog memories in the local area.

Just watching NBN news. A candlelight vigil was held in Newcastle last night for the victims of domestic violence. There were signs with the names of women who have died from domestic violence. Sharon Edwards name was on a sign. Wow. Seems like everyone knows what happened except the police.

Just watching NBN news. A candlelight vigil was held in Newcastle last night for the victims of domestic violence. There were signs with the names of women who have died from domestic violence. Sharon Edwards name was on a sign. Wow. Seems like everyone knows what happened except the police.

I'm sure the police 'know' too, but they have to have evidence to make a charge that will stick. They work to higher standards of proof than people who make signs.

I think the purpose of the high public exposure of Sharon's car in Lawrence is to exclude it being seen there. I believe the police don't think she (or her phone) was in her own car when she was traced, likely by her phone pings, to the Lawrence area.

I'm sure the police 'know' too, but they have to have evidence to make a charge that will stick. They work to higher standards of proof than people who make signs.

Love your last sentence Eloise! Made me smile.

I think that her handbag and phone were not taken away from her house.

I think the purpose of the high public exposure of Sharon's car in Lawrence is to exclude it being seen there. I believe the police don't think she (or her phone) was in her own car when she was traced, likely by her phone pings, to the Lawrence area.

I'm understanding now that only one car was needed that night to drive Sharon to Lawrence then left her in the vicinity and then that person drove to Griffith to report her missing.

The only time a woman would leave her phone & handbag at home would be a quick local trip with someone she absolutely trusted unless she was either unconscious or dead when she left her home.

My point about the signs is that they were being held by family members and friends of the victims.. They would be more aware of the marital situation than we are.

I'm understanding now that only one car was needed that night to drive Sharon to Lawrence then left her in the vicinity and then that person drove to Griffith to report her missing.

It's Grafton.

On the North Coast of NSW.

Griffith is a long way away.

Welcome to the discussion couldyounot.
Thanks for clarifying that it's Grafton where Sharon lived.

'They' say things come in threes. After the shocking and surprising updates to the William Tyrrell and Stephanie Scott cases this week I'm hoping there might be some news regarding Sharon in the near future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back