Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The police are sure Sharon is dead and that is because of foul play but I wish they would tell us how they know that.

I just went to Sharon's Facebook page. I then scrolled down and read "Got Married" on January 20, 2013. That overseas trip they went on must have been their honeymoon.

So if this is correct, John Edwards is not the father of the three boys. There is no resemblance either.

So maybe the marriage had not worked out for Sharon in those two years and John was very jealous when she went out with two other men that night. John could have confronted her and there was an argument but if that is so, he has been very careful to cover all tracks and clean up. He had all day Sunday and Monday to do so. He did not report her missing until the Tuesday.

The couple was estranged, yes? It's likely that JE didn't know Sharon was missing if they didn't live together. I thought Sharon's school contacted JE when she hadn't turned up to work, and that's what prompted him to contact police?

My FB lists me as getting married on the day I put the date into FB ... not on my actual anniversary. It's weird!

I just went to Sharon's Facebook page. I then scrolled down and read "Got Married" on January 20, 2013. That overseas trip they went on must have been their honeymoon.

So if this is correct, John Edwards is not the father of the three boys. There is no resemblance either.

So maybe the marriage had not worked out for Sharon in those two years and John was very jealous when she went out with two other men that night. John could have confronted her and there was an argument but if that is so, he has been very careful to cover all tracks and clean up. He had all day Sunday and Monday to do so. He did not report her missing until the Tuesday.

Sharon joined fb on January 20, 2013 and clicked all the boxes about employment and instead of relationship status, Sharon has clicked the milestone on timeline which shows up as January 20, 2013, many older fb users make this mistake. :)

IMO, the sons are a spitting image of their mum and dad, Sharon and John Edwards. I just imagine JE 20 years younger, plumper skin and minus the deep tan and wrinkles. :p I can't imagine Sharon's sons would stand by a man she only married 2 yrs ago.

Mr Edwards was supported by his sons as he reflected on the trip to Europe he took with his wife to mark their 30-year anniversary.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-t...eated-as-a-homicide-case-20150401-1mcufg.html

The couple was estranged, yes? It's likely that JE didn't know Sharon was missing if they didn't live together. I thought Sharon's school contacted JE when she hadn't turned up to work, and that's what prompted him to contact police?

That's correct catswhiskers, the school contacted JE about Sharon's whereabouts. JE saw Sharon on the Saturday night she went missing but I haven't read or heard at what time on Saturday this was? :dunno:

Mr Edwards said he last saw his wife on the Saturday night and she seemed "OK".

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-t...eated-as-a-homicide-case-20150401-1mcufg.html

Police have revealed that they are treating Mrs Edwards' disappearance as a homicide, but her son Zac said his mother's body had not been found, and detectives had not divulged to the family why they had determined that Mrs Edwards was dead.

BBM: Obviously the police are not going to reveal anything about the evidence they have to date but I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for Sharon's family. To know that the police are calling it a homicide but not revealing the reason(s) why.

On March 14, the day she disappeared, Mrs Edwards had played an afternoon game of tennis at the Grafton City Tennis Club before heading to the hotel with friends.

She is believed to have then visited a friend's house before heading to her Riverdale Court home in Grafton, where her car was found parked in the driveway. The clothes that she had worn to the hotel that night were also believed to have been found in the house, but her handbag, mobile phone and wallet are missing.

At Coutts Crossing Public School, Mrs Edwards was heavily involved in extra-curricular activities, organising the school musical eisteddfod and a school tennis tournament.

BBM: Just thinking outside the box here and I'm wondering if someone connected to the tennis club or one of Sharon's other extra-curricular activities may have had it in for Sharon? Jealousy perhaps? Gawd I wish we knew who the friend was she visited on the Saturday night!

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/as-stepha...rds-searches-for-answers-20150414-1mkj9n.html

That's correct catswhiskers, the school contacted JE about Sharon's whereabouts. JE saw Sharon on the Saturday night she went missing but I haven't read or heard at what time on Saturday this was? :dunno:

It was also stated in MSM that JE went to Sharon's home on the Sunday morning but couldn't find her. Her car would have been parked in her driveway at that time. Did he think that she may have gone for a walk? Where did he think she was? Staying overnight at a friend's place?

THE estranged husband of Grafton schoolteacher Sharon Edwards, who is missing presumed murdered, is repainting his wife’s distinctive pale yellow home.

John Edwards’ one-man paint job was triggered after the two-storey home began appearing prominently on local TV news.

Mr Edwards, who did not want to talk about his missing wife, said his 55-year-old wife had picked the colour before she *vanished.

The former primary school teacher has kept busy since Mrs Edwards’ sudden disappearance, after she was last seen leaving the Good Intent Hotel on March 14.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...through-the-pain/story-fnii5s3x-1227305446227

He obviously knows she's not coming back then .....

I can't imagine she'd be too pleased with him repainting it if it was a colour she had chosen, unless of course she will never get to see any new paintwork........

Who paints their house while their wife is missing? What's he trying to hide? I've had a bad feeling about JE since Sharon first disappeared.

Yeah same Red71, about the hinky feelings, but to play Devils advocate you never know what a person who was worried about a loved one being missing and declared murdered would do to fill the time, keep their mind off depressing thoughts, and try and keep their spirits up. Just like William Tyrells family had to concern themselves with a washing machine at the time of his disappearance... Life continues.

I don't read too much into the repainting myself - other than JE possibly remaining hopeful and tackling the job to keep himself busy (if she chose the colour before her disappearance, then it sounds like it was a planned job anyway) - maybe do something for Sharon and to and stay positive.

THE estranged husband of Grafton schoolteacher Sharon Edwards, who is missing presumed murdered, is repainting his wife’s distinctive pale yellow home.

John Edwards’ one-man paint job was triggered after the two-storey home began appearing prominently on local TV news.

Mr Edwards, who did not want to talk about his missing wife, said his 55-year-old wife had picked the colour before she *vanished.

The former primary school teacher has kept busy since Mrs Edwards’ sudden disappearance, after she was last seen leaving the Good Intent Hotel on March 14.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...through-the-pain/story-fnii5s3x-1227305446227

Am I reading this right? JE was a primary school teacher too? So where does he work now? And how did he get to look so painfully thin - was he sick at some point - the smokes?

BBM: Why doesn't JE want to talk about his missing wife? If your spouse was missing wouldn't you want to talk to all and sundry, including MSM, about their disappearance in the hope that someone has seen her or knows where she is?

Am I reading this right? JE was a primary school teacher too? So where does he work now? And how did he get to look so painfully thin - was he sick at some point - the smokes?

Yes Liadan, apparently JE is or was a teacher. He made reference to that in the video below (about 50 seconds in) where he acknowledges his great circle of friends including the kids he's taught over the last 30 years.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/videos/john-edwards-talks-about-disappearnce-sharon-edwar/27940/

He obviously knows she's not coming back then .....

I can't imagine she'd be too pleased with him repainting it if it was a colour she had chosen, unless of course she will never get to see any new paintwork........

My apologies. I read it as though he was painting over the yellow colour Sharon had chosen. Not that she had chosen the colour he was actually painting now.

BBM: Why doesn't JE want to talk about his missing wife? If your spouse was missing wouldn't you want to talk to all and sundry, including MSM, about their disappearance in the hope that someone has seen her or knows where she is?

Ty Makara for this - I am almost hearing an echo, "I am just trying to look after my children, I've been helping police the best I can". Painting the house? for creepys sake, protecting his investment, let us hope he is painting FIND SHARON in big letters with crimestoppers phone number on that house, sadly I think not!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back