Australia Australia - Sharron Phillips, 20, Brisbane, Qld, 8 May 1986

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Mr Mulvihill's son told police his father confessed on his deathbed to killing a Number Of Women, including Sharron Phillips."

"Ian Mulvihill told police his father Raymond confessed to the murder on his deathbed 15 years ago.
Last year he told ABC News the same thing — that his father was responsible and had confessed to killing A Number Of Women, including Ms Phillips."

A number of women ?
Have been told by a woman in tasmainia that sharon is burried under the new Wacol prison. Have tries to share the information with authorities but they have constantly shrugged it off. Isnt it worth checking?

7 NEWS (Brisbane) - Seven News Ep: 39
7news Monday 8 February 2021, 6pm
21m 12s - feature story on Sharron Phillips
(video link expires in 6 days)

• The night Sharron Phillips disappeared, young engaged couple (Owen and Dale Lockett) saw a taxi on the side of Johnson Road, Forestdale (15 minutes from Wacol), both doors open, parked on a slant "like something had happened"
  • Thinking someone needed help they pulled over and waited
  • Saw a man walking out of scrub on the side of the road carrying a shovel, said he had relieved himself in the bushes, appeared angry, threw shovel in the car and slammed the door
  • They called the police but heard nothing
  • Raymond Peter Mulvihill - the couple recognised the man's face when they saw it in a media release relating to Sharron Phillips in 2017 - they say it is the man they saw that night
  • Police have since interviewed the couple - considered credible witnesses
  • Inquest reopened in court next month - they will be giving evidence, appearing before the Coroner

Three months after Ms Phillips disappeared, the Bjelke-Petersen state government issued a $50,000 reward for information. Today the reward is $250,000.

The case produced hundreds of leads, some tenuous, others more detailed. No one was charged and Ms Phillips’ body has not been found.

A pre-inquest hearing was held in Brisbane in December, formally ordering the new inquest, which starts on Monday.

The witness list included Mr Seeley, former case detective Bob Dallow, and a couple who reported seeing a man with a shovel emerging from bush near Forestdale.

Retired detective David Danslow, who also worked on the Phillips case, said he recalled that report, but said police at the time were never able to identify the person.

Whatever happens at this inquest, it will come too late for Sharron Phillips’ parents.

Bob Phillips died on August 23, 2015, aged 75. Dawn Phillips died in 2010 after decades of taking lithium for depression.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...stery-may-soon-be-solved-20210317-p57bnz.html

Concluding day one of the coronial inquest is evidence from Owen Lockett. Five witnesses were heard out of the 11.

Mr Lockett says he has driven past that spot on Johnson Road many times since and continues to be haunted by what he saw that night.

“When I finally got to the detectives, I was very happy they were finally listening,” he says.

“Every time I drive past that spot, I feel something saying: ‘What are you doing?’ I feel compelled to help whatever is in that bushland.”

A witness in the Sharron Phillips inquest, who says he confronted a taxi driver as he emerged from bushland not far from where the 20-year-old disappeared, says the driver “was very angry, like he had been caught out”.

Owen Lockett and his now-wife, Dale, were driving along Johnson Road near Forestdale, about 15 minutes from where Ms Phillips was last seen, late at night on May 10, 1986. This was two days after Ms Phillips disappeared on May 8.

Mr Lockett says he tried many times over the years to tell police what the young couple had seen, but nobody listened until 2016 when the case was revisited by cold case detectives.

“I can recall the moon straight above me and then I could hear the noises in the distance getting closer and closer. I heard the trudging through the bush and then I saw this guy appear,” he says.

“I said: ‘Are you alright buddy?’ and he said: ‘Can’t a man have a *advertiser censored*?’.”

Mr Lockett says he likened the “aggressive” man “like Danny DeVito” — short, balding, sideburns and a moustache, olive skin, wearing a white shirt with one side untucked and carrying a shovel.

“Very angry, very terse, like he had been caught out. I said to Dale, something has gone on here and that’s why I went home and rang the coppers,” Mr Lockett tells the inquest.
More:
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...nsland-s-35-year-mystery-20210322-p57cui.html

In stunning evidence, Dallow said Seeley told him his father claimed to have disposed of more than one victim - showing him the site he claimed to have dumped at least two women.

"'He (Mulvihil) was dying at the time, and he showed me where he dropped Sharron Phillips and the other girl ... he dropped them both off at that location," Dallow said he was told by Seeley.

"But if he showed him the right spot, I'll believe in the Easter Bunny."

Outside court, police confirmed to AAP Mulvihill's deathbed confession involved more than one missing girl and conceded there could be more than one victim.

It is expected the coroner will hear evidence supporting claims of multiple victims on Wednesday when Seeley is expected to take the stand.

Earlier in the hearing, Mulvihill's former sister-in-law Allison Clancy claimed the taxi driver admitted attacking Phillips while at a family christening in 1992.

"He said straight out - Sharron Phillips, my five minutes of fame," Clancy said.
Court hears prime suspect in Queensland cold case killed more than once

Another witness testified on Tuesday that he overheard Mr Seeley arguing one day with his father, taxi driver Raymond Mulvihill, and the phrase “that girl you had in the boot” was used by Mr Seeley.

On Tuesday, Mr Seeley’s sister Shelley Robb told the inquest her brother told her their father confessed to killing Ms Phillips.

“He said that he did it ... he killed Sharron,” Mrs Robb said, recounting an alleged conversation with her brother.

“Ian told me he thought Dad was responsible for Sharron Phillips’ death. He told me he had been to the police to say Dad was responsible for Sharron’s death.

“He said he met Dad at the shops and they were driving home. He said he heard noises, then Dad pulled a knife and said: ‘Just keep driving’.”
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...sharron-phillips-inquest-20210323-p57de1.html

Just noticed this suspect's photo and without looking too deeply at this point, wondering if anyone off-hand knows if he has ever spent time in the US?
Reminded of a sketch associated with the Molly Bish case. fwiw, complete speculation, imo.
Horror twist in Brisbane cold case reveals 'killer cab driver' claimed to have multiple victims | Daily Mail Online
40818104-9391915-Raymond_Peter_Mulvihill_pictured_who_died_in_2002_has_been_revea-a-2_1616481477697.jpg

Raymond Peter Mulvihill (pictured) who died in 2002, has been revealed as the number one suspect by police in the disappearance of Sharron Phillips

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty
Back