Australia - Shey Webber, 35, found badly injured in her Warranwood home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Even though MSM is playing up the dating website angle (of course, as it makes it all more sensationalist) I don't think we should underestimate the whole 'ad on Gumtree' part.

Shey was obviously an intelligent woman - it seems more likely IMO that she would more readily allow someone into her home who is answering an ad to share the house with her. Of course then, you would welcome them in!

I also wonder why, after 4 years living there by herself, she was suddenly seeking a flatmate? For some reason that fact has stayed with me (although it may have nothing to do with anything!!).

If it was from a dating website, we can't assume it was the first time she met the guy. He may well have been grooming her and winning her trust over some period of time. It doesn't mean she just met him and let him in.

Many unanswered questions with this case, obviously. Hopefully LE have a clear picture of who the likely suspects are.

Blessings to Shey and her family at this terrible time.

BBM

I agree Isisrising - it's just as likely that it could have beeen some weirdo who read the ad on Gumtree.

I wonder what the monster did to Shey?!

Woman has 'life-changing' injuries

November 14, 2013

Detective Senior Sergeant Graham Guy said the injuries to her head and other parts of her body were not life-threatening but could be described as 'life changing'.

'She's got some horrific injuries,' Det Sen Sgt Guy told Fairfax Radio.

'We're not sure how she's going to recover from these injuries.'

http://www.skynews.com.au/local/article.aspx?id=924441

Tamika, a paramedic, revealed that after transporting a patient to the Royal Melbourne Hospital on November 6 she saw her sister being treated in the room next door.

"I actually looked at Shey and walked straight past her," Ms Webber said.

"I thought 'gosh, that girl's sick'. I couldn't see her face. You don't expect that to be someone you know."

She did not realise it was her sister until receiving a phone call shortly after leaving the hospital

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ind-her-attacker/story-fni0fee2-1226761403547

^ This pretty much confirms really bad facial injuries. Dear gods, poor Shey. And just imagine seeing a badly injured person, and not even knowing it's your sister!!!!

The pic of Shey and her sister in the article I linked is just -gorgeous-, they both look like nice girls.

Weirdly enough, they grew up in Seville, another horse area (like Pakenham, where Kylie Blackwood lived) that I know. Really well, actually, I kept my horses around there for years and probably rode past Shey's family home a few times. It's a beautiful part of Vic, very green, and the people are by and large lovely to know. I met so many nice horsie folks out there over the years.

I bet there's a lot of people out that way who are having a hard time getting their heads around this.

a2akhz.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ind-her-attacker/story-fnii5smp-1226761403547

Read more: Family's vigil for critical nurse Shey Webber

November 16, 2013

"THE family of battered nurse Shey Webber is taking it in turns to sit by her hospital bed and hold her hand.

The 35-year old's close-knit family is holding a bedside vigil at the Royal Melbourne Hospital where Ms Webber remains in a critical condition."

Very sadly, it does sound as though Shey has been cut up and badly disfigured.

''Shey has sustained significant injuries, which might be life-changing. I suppose one could say were consistent with that of a car accident,'' Sen-Sgt Guy said.

''It’s very, very vicious.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ighting-for-life/story-fni0fee2-1226759422888

When reading this quote, I think of someone going face-first through a windscreen. Possibly with major eye and scalp damage too. (Sorry ... graphic)

I knew someone once whose arm went through a side window in a car crash .. she had millions of slashes along the length of her arm, and permanent scarring from them.

Could this murder possibly be linked to Kylie Blackwood's murder? 40 minutes down the highway to Pakenham. Two pretty blonde women. Shey on a dating site, <modsnip>. Kylie's face apparently cut/slashed, Shey suffering horrific head injuries 'like a car accident'.

http://goo.gl/maps/1CCIN

Could this murder possibly be linked to Kylie Blackwood's murder? 40 minutes down the highway to Pakenham.

Yeah, the thought did cross my mind.. distance, as well as the similarity in victims' appearance, location of attack (in the home) and level of injury - both victims left barely alive, robbery apparently not a motive, no evidence of forced entry. Etc...

Im thinking if LE has her computer and her cell phone records they will at least know who she last spoke to before her attack.

This is so heart-rending. My deepest prayers for Shey and her family.
be8n0p.gif

Because Shey was receiving parcels in the days close to the Melb Cup long weekend, assuming they were online / Ebay purchases, she may have also been selling on Ebay or Gumtree and may have organised for a buyer to pick their purchase up. Just another angle, but if she was selling items, her Ebay / Gumtree account would be another area worthwhile checking.

If the face was a point of focus for the perp... it brings up a couple of questions for me... In light that the assault may have been intended to "ruin" her beauty...

1.). A jealous girlfriend (or ex) of someone Shey dated or was dating?

2.). A male Shey met on the Internet... Who didn't live up to the descriptions he put forth on the web... Shey (probably nicely) eventually had to tell the male she was not interested... And he cracked?

Just some thoughts...

Good thoughts too, Clue. Sounds like an angry, angry person to me - when they (presumably) intentionally disfigure a person.

And sounds so much like the attack on Kylie too. As if it is not only meant to kill, but to mar their beauty too. A person who has been rejected by one pretty blonde too many perhaps? But keeps 'punching above their weight' anyway?

Or, as you say, a person whose partner keeps wandering off with pretty blondes.

Good thoughts too, Clue. Sounds like an angry, angry person to me - when they (presumably) intentionally disfigure a person.

And sounds so much like the attack on Kylie too. As if it is not only meant to kill, but to mar their beauty too. A person who has been rejected by one pretty blonde too many perhaps? But keeps 'punching above their weight' anyway?

Or, as you say, a person whose partner keeps wandering off with pretty blondes.

Yes... The only thing we can really rule out at the moment was that either of them were "accidental"...

:(

Just popping in over from Lisa's thread.

I really feel like the Internet dating is the red herring in all of this - something the media can beat up, with enough judgemental victim blaming to make everyone feel "safe" because they don't partake in that activity.

I'm no criminologist. The facial disfigurement which seems to be likely considering the sister not recognising her - or worrying her enough to ask a nurse for the patients name seems to point in this direction - makes me wonder whether it was personal somehow.

Disfigurement could be to slow identification, but she was found in her home, so it's not the likely motive.

Whether a jealous ex, a random crazy stalker, it is particularly vicious in the way that it "takes something" from the victim - her beauty, vivaciousness. It reminds me of horrific acid attacks.

I'm not ruling Internet dating out completely, but I think it's the easiest thing to believe, in order for people to feel safe.

I think back to Jills case, and all of the victim blaming that happened there (shouldn't have been drinking, shouldn't have been walking home) and it's all just a way for people to distance themselves from the horror of the event.

To know where she lived means a degree of closeness. To me, gumtree is more likely than Internet dating. But I'd be looking for the previous flat mate too.

Just my thoughts. Mostly I'm just thinking of her and her family. Hoping she pulls through.

Just trying to get the timeline down &#8230; Shey was discovered on the morning of Wednesday 6th November, but her best friend tried to reach her on Monday 4th November &#8211; with no success.

However, the delivery man tried to deliver parcels there on Monday 4th, and did not see Shey laying in the hallway then. Though I guess she may have been injured in another room and was trying to get to her phone or the front door, before collapsing in the hall.

Shey was seen on Saturday 3rd &#8211; sunbathing during the day. So probably Saturday night/Sunday/Sunday night/early Monday morning for the attack. And possibly a personal motive as (just like Kylie) nothing was taken and there were no signs of forced entry.

So the potential time period of the attack covers typical 'date' times, as well as times when people may come and look at something for sale (Gumtree). At least I understand now how police have arrived at their conclusions!

Emergency services found the battered woman lying face down in the hallway of her Regency Terrace home at 10.20am on November 6.
It appears nothing has been stolen, and there were no signs of forced entry.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...ighting-for-life/story-fnii5sms-1226759422888

Ms Webber was last seen on the Saturday before Cup Day, sunbathing in her backyard, and at shops a day earlier in her distinctive red convertible Toyota MR2 Spider.

''From Sunday on it becomes a bit of a blur as to where Shey was or what she did,'' Det Sen-Sgt Guy said.

The courier who found Ms Webber told police he had tried to deliver a parcel two days earlier, and was adamant nothing was suspicious then.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...ighting-for-life/story-fnii5sms-1226759422888

Ms Webber said Shey's closest friend had tried to contact her a couple of days before she was found, but had no response.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-e6frg6n6-1226761403547#sthash.JwJcOXJX.dpuf

how horrifying

hope she can recover enough to tell people who attacked her

Just popping in over from Lisa's thread.

I really feel like the Internet dating is the red herring in all of this - something the media can beat up, with enough judgemental victim blaming to make everyone feel "safe" because they don't partake in that activity.

I'm no criminologist. The facial disfigurement which seems to be likely considering the sister not recognising her - or worrying her enough to ask a nurse for the patients name seems to point in this direction - makes me wonder whether it was personal somehow.

Disfigurement could be to slow identification, but she was found in her home, so it's not the likely motive.

Whether a jealous ex, a random crazy stalker, it is particularly vicious in the way that it "takes something" from the victim - her beauty, vivaciousness. It reminds me of horrific acid attacks.

I'm not ruling Internet dating out completely, but I think it's the easiest thing to believe, in order for people to feel safe.

I think back to Jills case, and all of the victim blaming that happened there (shouldn't have been drinking, shouldn't have been walking home) and it's all just a way for people to distance themselves from the horror of the event.

To know where she lived means a degree of closeness. To me, gumtree is more likely than Internet dating. But I'd be looking for the previous flat mate too.

Just my thoughts. Mostly I'm just thinking of her and her family. Hoping she pulls through.

If you listen to the police press conference on following link, the detective mentions they're interested in hearing from anyone who had been in contact with Shey via the dating websites. He said she'd been in contact with a variety of people from those sites.

Towards the end of the vid he states....online dating for women is no different to going to a nightclub & meeting a person they've never met before /whether or not they want to take them home.

So police do seem to be fairly focussed on the dating sites but as with all these types of cases they'd still be keeping an open mind.

I'm not seeing any victim bashing here whatsoever, though? Like, none. At all.

Regardless of -anybody's- moral opinion on dating sites, for good or ill, it's a simple fact that dating sites are one avenue the attacker could have gained access to Shey, and as far as I can see, this is the ONLY context in which it is being discussed here.

Sure, there's other avenues worth exploring. But dating sites in general have a history of being a playground for the psychos and predators out there, so there's nothing unreasonable about looking at that activity, IMO.

I'm not seeing any victim bashing here whatsoever, though? Like, none. At all.

Regardless of -anybody's- moral opinion on dating sites, for good or ill, it's a simple fact that dating sites are one avenue the attacker could have gained access to Shey, and as far as I can see, this is the ONLY context in which it is being discussed here.

Sure, there's other avenues worth exploring. But dating sites in general have a history of being a playground for the psychos and predators out there, so there's nothing unreasonable about looking at that activity, IMO.

I agree that I haven't felt like there has been any victim bashing from MSM or LE. I've thought they had all been quite compassionate - sure, trying to sell papers with a sensationalist angle but not denigrating Shey.

But I have wondered if LE are putting the public focus on the dating website element whilst they really look into the Gumtree part - so as not to scare the perpetrator off. I still think that Shey would have unguardedly let someone into her house if they were coming to look at it as a potential flatmate, whereas she may have been more 'aware' if it was a hook-up from a dating website.

Unless it was neither of these scenarios and was someone that she already knew..............:scared:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back