Australia - Siege/Ambush at Remote Property - 6 Dead Including 2 Police/Neighbor - Wieambilla (Queensland)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

A really detailed article, too much to paraphrase it all.

But police radios stopped working due to not enough reception ( said by CA Ruth O’Gorman KC)

They took the murdered officers guns, tasers, vests & hand cuffs

A psychiatrist is expected to give evidence of shared psychotic disorder known as a folie à deux, with Gareth being the primary one who had a delusional disorder.

Just after 6pm an extraction team , including general duties officers arrived armed with rifles & Constable Brough was able to run @ 6:37 to the front gate where she was put into Mr Dare's Ford Territory & taken to safety.

he extraction team then moved forward on the Trains’ property using the bushland and the trees, on either side of the driveway, as cover.

At 6:42 a police car was used to break thru the gate & drive onto the driveway. They placed the bodies of McCrow and Arnold into the vehicle

The police found five videos of Gareth shooting at planes! He thought they were ASIO spying on him.

Once the Trains had attacked the officers, the police issued basically a shoot to kill order - unless the Trains surrendered.

(paraphrased from your linked article)

A wealth of information here . Horrifying and sad
I wonder... does anyone have any updated knowledge of the guy in the States, who was motivating and encouraging the Trains. At the moment, I am forgetting his name

What a freakin' nightmare for the officers. Hunted down, taunted, and murdered. :( :( :(

Agree. This was always a baffling and horrifying case but the rage and contempt of this murderous crew as they hunted down and executed their "devils" is truly shocking.

The descriptions of the dying police officers and neighbour as possessing great courage and grace is spot on -- it is astonishing that they were able to record key details as they lay injured in the bush.

And for what? The paranoid ravings of a deeply damaged and enmeshed trio and their Arizona enabler -- safely away from the carnage.

A wealth of information here . Horrifying and sad
I wonder... does anyone have any updated knowledge of the guy in the States, who was motivating and encouraging the Trains. At the moment, I am forgetting his name

Donald Day Jr. Heading to trial shortly. Here's a few links:

The inquest heard that through the body worn camera audio, both brothers could be heard speaking to each other moments after Constables Arnold and McCrow were killed.

“He *advertiser censored*king ran,” Gareth said.

“The other car’s gone … took a car.”

Nathaniel replied: “do you want to move forward or stay here”.

Detective Inspector Newton said moments later Nathaniel was heard saying “one went right and three went to the left”.

“In the scope, there were three to the left of him … I was looking at them,” Nathaniel said.

“He could have broken that way, but I’m pretty sure he went to the right.”

Day 2 Inquest

Wieambilla Inquest day 2: Surviving officer Randall Kirk set to give evidence​

Wieambilla survivor Randall Kirk is expected to give evidence today about the deaths of his police colleagues and his escape from a trio of conspiracy theorists.

1722300731426.jpeg

1722300755946.jpeg
Constable Randall Kirk arrives at court in Brisbane to give evidence for the Wieambilla massacre inquest.

Podcast for anyone interested, 5 episodes so far ( I haven't listened yet )

The Ultimate Sacrifice

My goodness, what those brave Police officers went through….. they are champions!

And Keely had only been in the job for I think 7 or 9 weeks.

I really feel for the 000 call taker too, to stay on the phone to someone who at any minute could be shot or burnt to death, she did an amazing job!

My goodness, what those brave Police officers went through….. they are champions!

Well, that is very sad to hear. When the Dares called 000 to report the fire, no-one told them there was an active shooter scenario going on at the property. And they could have, and should have. It would have saved Alan Dare's life.
That is something that they need to sort out, for the future.

....... the neighbouring Dare family in the area called triple zero before heading on to the property to investigate a fire there, the inquest heard, and were not warned of the active shooter situation. Alan Dare was shot and killed by one of the Trains.

Beilby told the inquest she entered information about the attack into a police system which should have been available state-wide to all triple zero operators instantaneously, including that two officers were down and that it was a shooting.

Ethical standards detective inspector Suzanne Newton told the court earlier on Monday that there may have been “two separate jobs” in the system and another operator may have accessed the other one.

(from your link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back