Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2024 is here. Would love to see developments in this case, ANY kind of public statement from the police as to where the case is up to to reassure the country that something is actually being done and abducting a child is not ok. I see the coverage that William Tyrell, Daniel Morcombe, Cleo Smith cases got and Bungs fails in comparison. GIVE US SOMETHING!!

Australian girl still missing after vanishing while walking to school
This article from July 2023 but I hadn’t read it and it gives a decent summary I think. With the promise of protection and one million dollar reward, it seems like if anyone knows what happened, that isn’t responsible, they would speak out. So perhaps this points to a person who was able to drive around freely during work hours and picked up poor Bung and took her somewhere without anyone knowing. So sad I really hope Bung and family get justice.

I remember the disappearance of Bung vividly. I'd catch the train a few stations up from Boronia and see the "missing" posters. It was very distressing at the time and is such a sad story. I wish I had something to add here but think of her from time to time and am hopeful that a new lead may solve the case one day. Its not uncommon for cases to be solved decades after an event. Fingers crossed for Bung and her family.

Crazy but quite heartwarming that other people were thinking of poor Bung on this random day like I was. I’m from the other side of the world and only heard about Bung’s case two years ago but I’ve been thinking about her lately and how tragic it is that she hasn’t been found. How has there been nothing all this time?? It always terrifies me to think that someone was able to take her in broad daylight so close to home.

Crazy but quite heartwarming that other people were thinking of poor Bung on this random day like I was. I’m from the other side of the world and only heard about Bung’s case two years ago but I’ve been thinking about her lately and how tragic it is that she hasn’t been found. How has there been nothing all this time?? It always terrifies me to think that someone was able to take her in broad daylight so close to home.
Her case has really stuck with me. In the time since she went missing I have become a Mum to two girls myself and I cannot imagine the pain her Mum is in.

This is what gets me also - she was apparently so close. I just find it very hard to imagine how a lone person could manage to force her into a car in daylight. They have to get out run around, get her into the car then back around and into the drivers seat While she stayed there. In a suburban street on a school route? I guess maybe if they had a van? Or two people? The only other thing I can think of if something happened closer to home, fewer people.

Bumping this thread, I've been a member for 3 years, and only just started posting. My heart goes out to Bung. I was living in Melbourne at the time, my kids were young. They are now 16 and 18. I wish Bung had the chance to grow up. I feel like this case has never been given enough attention. She was just...a kid.

Bumping again to get more eyes on this thread. Does anyone know if there have been any developments? I wish the police would update the public as to where this case is up to and if there is any new information they can release. Seems to only be the occasional anniversary of Bungs disappearance that any mention of her is made.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd
Back