GUILTY Australia - Sophie Collombet, 21, found dead in Kurilpa Park, Brisbane, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fabulous news!!! So, so glad ... keep him from hurting anyone else.

Fantastic work to whoever saw him and turned him in, and to the NSW police, and to the Qld police!

May Sophie's family feel a little teeny bit better now that this person who is 'assisting with investigations' has been apprehended, and that there may be justice for Sophie .. sooner rather than later.

ev7sia.jpg

Sophie Collombet

Image: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sophie-collombet/story-e6frg6n6-1226877018883

Thanks for posting that photo, enzeder. Such a beautiful young life, taken far too soon. What amazing blue eyes!

Rest peacefully now Sophie :rose:

They've got him.

interesting!

watched 9 news: National 9 news said that what led police to identify Milward as a person of interest was evidence at the crime scene

interesting!

watched 9 news: National 9 news said that what led police to identify Milward as a person of interest was evidence at the crime scene

I think he left DNA .. bodily fluids .. from a broken nose, or from a sexual assault. As he has been in jail before, they probably have a record of his DNA.

interesting!

maybe DNA on the umbrella, cigarettes, blood, hopefully enough to lock him up
MOO

:jail:

Yes! Yes! Yes! So glad these sort usually aren't the sharpest..usually means they get caught pretty easily. Coles?? Seriously! Not a lot left to say at the moment except I really hope they have something solid linking him to this horrible crime.

Poor Sophie. Thanks for posting that pic. Such beautiful eyes...what a senseless loss. She looks like such a lovely, happy lady. Hope justice is swift for her murderer.

Coles is on the corner of Earl Street and Harbour Drive in Coffs Harbour.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...ata=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x19189d77f9d68f3e

There are shelters on both Earl Street and Harbour Drive (as shown in the Chaplain's Emergency Assistance document at this link http://scu.edu.au/students/download.php?doc_id=12808&site_id) Emergency accommodation is available through the Lifehouse Church at 12 Earl St, Salvation Army at 28–32 Harbour Drive)

I wonder if he bunked down at one of these shelters, was recognised from police alerts, the police were notified, then they followed him and waited for their opportunity to nab him away from the shelter and the public.

Only three days after going public yet it feels like an eternity :)

Wow - is that all it was??!! It DOES feel like an eternity!!

Woo hoo to LE for catching him!!!:loveyou:

That is SUCH a relief - I was really worried he'd just lose it and harm some other people on his way down........:facepalm:

May this in some way begin the long process of healing for beautiful Sophie's family :grouphug:

Coles Coles taking him down....

Pinching food?

How long does DNA take to find, maybe his fingerprints?

Chanel 9 this morning asked a police officer 'have you found her clothes?'
The officer replied 'some items but I won't comment further on that'.

such wonderful news.

OUR COPS ARE TOPS- they'll get you!

Holy moly. I've just been in Coffs for work. Glad to be home, but creeped out And feeling weird that I could have easily walked past him.

Eta: a colleague and I were talking about the high crime and drug rate in ch. he probably had drug contacts there.

There will be another and another.
That's the sad part.
It won't stop.
:(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads