Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...f-alleged-killer/story-fni0cx12-1227300863592

Stephanie Scott murder: The search for answers extends to Holland as police build profile of alleged killer
ASHLEE MULLANY, APRIL 13, 2015 9:27AM

DETECTIVES will contact police in Holland today to check the history of Vincent Stanford as they build a profile of the man accused of murdering and torching the body of schoolteacher Stephanie Scott...

Just some thoughts prior to cause of death being published, on why he burned her body... IMO, this and the fact he took a picture of her after she was burned, kind of puts to bed the idea of her death being in any way accidental.

I'm betting he burned her to hide DNA. In the majority of cases I've read about where a killer does this, he's a/ been familiar with the victim and b/ there was DNA he wanted gone.

The picture is really disturbing. He snapped it not of Stephanie herself, but of her charred remains. Now that, I have never seen before. Like he wanted proof he'd done the crime, or the burning was actually a part of his fantasy, something important enough to him to want to keep record of.

I hope the cops look for any activity he might have had on the deep web. It's just a feeling, he's not a stranger to it. Could be wrong tho.

I really think the police do an amazing job but couldn't this have been expeditied just a tad, they arrested him Wednesday and only today they decide to call the Netherlands to find out if his record is clean?????

It seems like they already had enough to arrest him, and now this will be to build a case against him. I think their resources were all put into finding her body.

I'm hoping the autopsy will find some clues. So far they haven't indicated that it will be impossible. I tried to search for info on the process. I did find some info about the actor, Paul Walker, they still were able to identify fractures after being burnt in his car.

Just some thoughts prior to cause of death being published, on why he burned her body... IMO, this and the fact he took a picture of her after she was burned, kind of puts to bed the idea of her death being in any way accidental.

I'm betting he burned her to hide DNA. In the majority of cases I've read about where a killer does this, he's a/ been familiar with the victim and b/ there was DNA he wanted gone.

The picture is really disturbing. He snapped it not of Stephanie herself, but of her charred remains. Now that, I have never seen before. Like he wanted proof he'd done the crime, or the burning was actually a part of his fantasy, something important enough to him to want to keep record of.

I hope the cops look for any activity he might have had on the deep web. It's just a feeling, he's not a stranger to it. Could be wrong tho.

Ausgirl TOTALLY AGREE and OMG that game is the first thing to clue them in - I cringe to think this but if he is depraved enough to burn the body - I don't think torture and mutilation would be beyond his criminal scope so that could be another reason to hide his handiwork and burn the body.

I have found archived real estate pictures of the house showing the yard, front and rear and the inside. It has a carport and a garage so 2 places to hide her car. You can see the big hills hoist clothesline which would hold a lot of washing.

http://www.domain.com.au/property/for-sale/house/nsw/leeton/?adid=2010990863

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

Looking at Google Maps, there is a reserve across the road from the house, so there would be no neighbours facing the property to see anything. There appears to be driveway gates on the property part way down the drive. If Stephanie's car was garaged in the open fronted garage, his own vehicle would have hidden it from view from the street. It appears he moved the vehicle in the early hours of Monday morning, to where it was found on Thursday morning, as per witness who saw a man with a backpack walking towards Leeton. Then he went home and did/hung out all the washing.

Looking at Google Maps, there is a reserve across the road from the house, so there would be no neighbours facing the property to see anything. There appears to be driveway gates on the property part way down the drive. If Stephanie's car was garaged in the open fronted garage, his own vehicle would have hidden it from view from the street. It appears he moved the vehicle in the early hours of Monday morning, to where it was found on Thursday morning, as per witness who saw a man with a backpack walking towards Leeton. Then he went home and did/hung out all the washing.
RBBM - it is the golf course.

I think so too, re your post. I just have no idea how he got her back to his house in the first place.

I don't even want to type out how I think they will link his DNA to her body :(

Ausgirl TOTALLY AGREE and OMG that game is the first thing to clue them in - I cringe to think this but if he is depraved enough to burn the body - I don't think torture and mutilation would be beyond his criminal scope so that could be another reason to hide his handiwork and burn the body.

Please don't think I'm defending the actions or mentality of this killer... that's the furthest thing from my intention here. But I honestly think not too much should be made of the game's contents, seeing as Stanford doesn't appear to be a part of that creative team that I can find... And as a writer/gamer/reader who's been into the horror genre for several decades, I can say with confidence that there's some genuinely nice people out there, creating horror fiction/games far worse in content than what's described on the blurb for that game. There's nothing wrong with their minds (or mine, for that matter), and it says nothing about their personal morals or behaviours.

That said -- Stanford may have been drawn to the game (maybe as a test player?) because there was indeed something wrong with him. The way certain killers are drawn to jobs in LE, or firefighting.. or nursing.. or a lot of other jobs. IE, because something in it fed his fantasies.

Again, just my opinion. And could be wrong. But the game company people look very legit, from what I can see, and not "abnormal" or w/e

OT: I just come across an event that was made for SS on FB and while scrolling through the timeline it was amazing to see how many people were thinking of her on Saturday. So many brides incorporated something yellow into their weddings last minute, the put your dress out hashtag started and lots of people wore yellow.

In such a sad time for everyone who knew her, it really is amazing to see the support and love out there :heartbeat:

I don't want to break TOS.. but just to correct myself - someone probably connected to the accused is listed as co-founder of the game team, out of Amsterdam.

Ausgirl, I agree. The people who write these sorts of games are not really that different from the average person who enjoys horror movies or reading murder mysteries.

Same as when massacres get blamed on heavy metal bands. I don't think any of these things cause a killer to do what they do. They are already seriously f..ked up to start with and the things they play/watch play a small part in a very big picture.

It could be that they have an interest in that stuff not for entertainment like normal people but because they are sick in the head.

Liadan - you've put into words something that's been lurking at the back of my mind but I tried to push it away. I hate the thought of this family to go through anymore pain.

Liadan - you've put into words something that's been lurking at the back of my mind but I tried to push it away. I hate the thought of this family to go through anymore pain.
As horrid as it is to think, I would not put anything past someone who could do that to a person, burn her, and then take a picture to remember it by. Horrendous stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne