Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just regarding any alleged criminal history overseas:

According to the Dept of immigration website, immigrants are required to pass a character test for entry into Australia.

...though it wouldn't surprise me if something was missed, as the current system doesn't appear to be foolproof

**Not suggesting in any way that this suspect has a previous history - I'm just thinking about how a previous overseas criminal history could be missed with the current Working With Children Check.

I think lots of people slip through criminal check cracks though, if they have an international record. Just look at the monster who was responsible for the Lindt siege.

I understand that we don't necessarily give weight to overseas convictions - it is tricky legally since we do not necessarily believe the same as courts overseas. But surely some crimes deserve international recognition? They're wrong everywhere!

I've not heard much of interest but my friend knows the people who own the property that the car was found on.

My gut tells me that there is so much more horror to come :(

If he was born in Tasmania, then was he an immigrant?

Good point. I guess it depends if he kept his Australian citizenship when he moved over as a child.

Regardless, if he has committed any previous crimes it was likely done overseas.

I slept in and just read the news. So so sad for the family and friends. She looked like a beautiful lady :(

I've not heard much of interest but my friend knows the people who own the property that the car was found on.

My gut tells me that there is so much more horror to come :(

Unfortunately I think there will be too, but it will all be at the hands of VS. Just looking at the timeline - if she disappeared at lunchtime, he's not going to take photos of her in broad daylight. It sounds like he took her to his house then went back later under the cover of darkness and dumped her car. I think some horrific things will come to light.

The spot where the car has been found seems like a really odd place to dump a car if that was indeed what happened. It seems much too exposed and obvious, not to mention rather close to town as well. I'm wondering whether poor Stephanie herself was driving out that way and had been followed or something?
Maybe we'll know a lot more before the day is over - all such terrible news for her family and the whole community.

Unfortunately I think there will be too, but it will all be at the hands of VS. Just looking at the timeline - if she disappeared at lunchtime, he's not going to take photos of her in broad daylight. It sounds like he took her to his house then went back later under the cover of darkness and dumped her car. I think some horrific things will come to light.

I wonder if the property owners or other locals know if the car was there prior to its discovery this morning?

I was shocked when I applied for my WWC card and discovered that even though they ask for 10 years residential addresses,if you haven't lived in Oz for the whole ten years,they don't collect your overseas addresses...

I actually called them up to clarify this as the form wasn't clear!!I actually stated to my partner at the time,it's a good job I'm not a murderer/Paedophile!!

I think it basically invalidates the document.

As previously posted articles have shown it is easy to deny criminal activities and still enter Oz...

Jmo,Moo,et al

If he was born in Tasmania, then was he an immigrant?

According to texts from MSM Mr. Vincent Stanford was born and bread Australian, not an Immigrant, but rather a returning Expat!

"Vincent Stanford, charged with murdering Leeton teacher Stephanie Scott, underwent criminal checks, cleaning company says.
Colin Joss & Co cleaning division manager Fleur Dooley said the suspect had worked for the Albury based company since October 2014."

"The 24-year-old, was born in Tasmania (AUSTRALIA) before moving to to the Netherlands. The family moved
to Australia from the Netherlands within the past 4 years."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

An expatriate (often shortened to expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than that of their citizenship.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expatriate

PS. Why is the bride to be's name Stephanie Scott in MSM news, but on her FB it Stephanie Clare https://www.facebook.com/steph.scott.758 ?

Had she been married before, hence the 2 different Surnames? Is the cleaner perhaps an "old flame" or "Ex-husband"?

The spot where the car has been found seems like a really odd place to dump a car if that was indeed what happened. It seems much too exposed and obvious, not to mention rather close to town as well. I'm wondering whether poor Stephanie herself was driving out that way and had been followed or something?
Maybe we'll know a lot more before the day is over - all such terrible news for her family and the whole community.

It's strange isn't it. And it begs the question, how did he get back home after dumping her car? The blood in his ute indicates foul play in his vehicle - but he hasn't dumped her car that far out of town without someone driving him back afterwards surely?

PS. Why is the bride to be's name Stephanie Scott in MSM news, but on her FB it Stephanie Clare https://www.facebook.com/steph.scott.758 ?

Had she been married before, hence the 2 different Surnames? Is the cleaner and old flame or Ex?

As a teacher, she is probably using her middle name as her last name to help stop students locating her?

I'm friends with several teachers, and they all use fake names on FB and several use their middle names as surnames.

According to texts from MSM Mr. Vincent Stanford was born and bread Australian, not an Immigrant, but rather a returning Expat!

"Vincent Stanford, charged with murdering Leeton teacher Stephanie Scott, underwent criminal checks, cleaning company says.
Colin Joss & Co cleaning division manager Fleur Dooley said the suspect had worked for the Albury based company since October 2014."

"The 24-year-old, was born in Tasmania (AUSTRALIA) before moving to to the Netherlands. The family moved
to Australia from the Netherlands within the past 4 years."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

An expatriate (often shortened to expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than that of their citizenship.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expatriate

Had she been married before, hence the 2 different Surnames? Is the cleaner perhaps an "old flame" or "Ex-husband"?

I think it's probably her middle name and she has done that for privacy reasons. I know a few teachers and a few LE who have all changed their surnames to their middle names to stop people looking them up.

I was shocked when I applied for my WWC card and discovered that even though they ask for 10 years residential addresses,if you haven't lived in Oz for the whole ten years,they don't collect your overseas addresses...

I actually called them up to clarify this as the form wasn't clear!!I actually stated to my partner at the time,it's a good job I'm not a murderer/Paedophile!!

I think it basically invalidates the document.

As previously posted articles have shown it is easy to deny criminal activities and still enter Oz...

Jmo,Moo,et al

It is not possible to just deny criminal activities and enter on a valid visa. I am an immigrant. The govt knows more about me than anyone else in my life due to the huge amount of paperwork involved in getting a visa. I had to provide a police check for everywhere I had lived. It is not as simple as ticking a box saying No criminal history. The visa process is long and frustrating.
I cannot speak for the refugee/asylum seeker process which is different due to missing id and documents etc. The Lindt killer came into Aus on this pathway.
VS the suspect in this case may be a citizen if he was born to citizens in Tasmania. In that case, no criminal records check. Just have a valid Aus passport for entry.

Yep, I was saying earlier, it would stand out from a helicopter and her family got a helicopter to search for her car. Was it dumped there recently? He HAD to have had help getting back. I doubt there would be any buses. Maybe he hitch hiked?

I want to fix that dodgy journalist's grammar. It's HONE in. Gah.

No, it depends where you live!

Home in means to direct on a target.

Hone means to sharpen or to perfect. Hone in began as an alteration of home in, and many people regard it as an error. It is a very common, though, especially in the U.S. and Canada—so common that many dictionaries now list it—and there are arguments in its favor.

I didn't know that InspectorGadget - good to know! I thought it was a proofreading slipup on the part of the SMH myself.

Forensic officers are expected to arrive at the home this morning.

Neighbours say the family moved into the small weatherboard house only 12 months ago after relocating from Holland, where Mr Stanford worked as a professional cleaner for a dentistry company.

They described him as a “quiet, polite” man, but said he kept to himself and had few friends.

He lived at the home with his mother and older brother.

Shocked neighbours said detectives arrived at the house last night and Mr Stanford’s white panel van was towed away a short time later.

Btw, This seems to be the same house as pictured as Crime scene house by police in MSM news here:
"Home of Vincent Stanford remains a crime scene as police investigate suspected murder of teacher Stephanie Scott.":

There is the actual PUBLIC Sales advertisement of that same small weatherboard house (77 Maiden Avenue Leeton NSW 2705) :
http://www.domain.com.au/property/for-sale/house/nsw/leeton/?adid=2010990863

I am thinking the police had him in their sights early on ( Monday or Tuesday when the school was searched )
They may have watched him to see if Stephanie was still alive... if he was keeping her alive. 😥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member