Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and I hated it that they were walking .. someone should be driving them, they should not have been exposed to press photographers at this point.. because nutters appear from out of nowhere , anywhere, and who knows who else in Leeton or Griffith or wherever is nutsto? it is just plain wrong.
I agree, I feel terribly sorry for them, how scarey for them to have to walk through town on their own, I hope they have some support, they must feel very vulnerable and alone.

'Vincent had lots of jobs as a cleaner, and as a mariner on a cargo ship. But he's not all there. He's autistic. It runs in our family,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-call-psycho-violent-rages.html#ixzz3XLyYVPeI

Working as a Mariner surely he would have had the usual pre-sea medicals that are required.
My OH works for a Dutch Maritime company here and in Holland and they are very strict with medicals. He has both an Aussie and Dutch Medical done :moo:

A neighbour in Zoetermeer described the family as recluses.

'Every one else on the street knows each other but they didn't interact with anyone,' she said.

'They had eight or nine cats which was strange and their house was filthy. The garden was a like a jungle.

'They left about a year ago. They disappeared overnight without paying their rent or bills so they had to break the door down to get in.

'Vincent was always polite but strange.'

There was a tray of kittylitter in the house ,among the unpacked boxes, in Leeton, too.. .

Their house in Zoetermeer must have really stood out, it is very very unusual in Holland . Tidiness is in the Dutch DNA.
And this 'illness' this autism spectrum alluded to... . I know families with one child afflicted, and they don't seem to fall over like this family has ,it's as if it has taken over all four lives, five if you count Mr Stanford.. their lives are not run on it.. I honestly cant see how this affliction of one son can result in all this trouble, an entire family as recluses, a filthy house, a jungle garden , a sudden run 3/4 way round the world over night leaving probably the cats, and bills and god knows what. . it has to be something else..

Autism spectrum disorder has huge ranges of functioning levels. Our house revolves around our 6 year old and he is very high functioning but I can tell you a load more work than my other two put together x 200 lol. He might be able to drive a car but not handle noise. He might be able to converse with someone but not look at them when he does it. So many levels. His mum may have depression if she has been dealing with one or two kids on the spectrum alone :/

There are a lot of hoops to be jumped through before a nod is given for immigration to Australia. (I've traversed the holiday, business, fiance and permanent residency visa landscapes for my (now) husband and later, for his two daughters, utilizing both my own research and the services of a Migration expert.) One can't just 'decide' to emigrate to Australia.
Mum may have had the required skills points (being a nurse) and would also have prior marriage to an Australian resident in her favour. The three boys would have birthright status - however, there are very stringent protocols in place before granting a permanent residency: existing health conditions must be declared and health examinations are a pre-requisite.

What I'm suggesting here is that the label 'autistic' by an overseas relative may be a sweeping (and ill-informed) generalisation used to explain the 'odd' and reclusive behaviour of VS. The source says 'autism runs in the family.' In that case, documented medical evidence, disclosure at time of application for immigration and subsequent health assessment is mandatory.

Lots of people are anti-social, perceived as 'odd', reclusive and subject to angry outbursts of frustration at not being able to keep up with a peer group. A nine-year-old losing his cool in the classroom and 'attacking' a teacher does not necessarily indicate autism. It may also indicate simple frustration on the part of the child.

There are many, many documented cases of parents with a genuinely autistic child not being allowed into Australia (as unfair as this may sound) as the child is perceived to be a financial drain on already-stretched resources.

I'm not saying VS does not exhibit some traits of being on the autism spectrum: what I am saying, is that if this had already been picked up, (as indicated by the overseas relative and apparently accepted as common knowledge) it would have to have been declared at application time.

The other thing with immigration eligibility to Australia: even with all the points required for a particular skill-set, you would normally have to have a job to go to. You would also have to show you can support yourself and your dependents - or that those dependents were capable of employment, or you could bring in thousands of dollars to the economy. (Of the latter, clearly, the Stanford family did not.)

The genuinely medically-diagnosed autistic children I know are sweet, loving, gentle people who would never even think of hurting anyone.
Sorry, I guess I'm objecting to people who bandy around the word 'autism' as some kind of rationale.

There are many people I know who have sweet children with autism who's kids also fly of the handle and have outbursts of rage. It's quite common for the autistic child to be very good around other people but once in their own environment they relax and let it all out. I'm not trying to sound like a know all. I just want to share some experience I have :)

If you are already an Australian Citizen then you don't jump through any hoops your passport brings you back To Aus no questions!
And yes - autism does not pre-dispose you to murder - anymore than blow drying your hair causes split ends.

Yes, an Australian citizen with an Australian passport can just walk in. He's also an adult, not a minor child of the mothers.

The Australian govt could not stop an Aust citizen from returning home no matter what condition they may have, no matter what criminal history, etc. Thats the point of being a citizen, that's where you belong and that country has to deal with you, warts and all.

Hi Froglady and Liaden,

I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification.

Its just that a friend of mine, (Australian-born with Australian citizen children) was denied re-entry to Australia purely on the basis of one of her son's diagnosis (made in the UK) as he was on the autism spectrum.
Sorry.

and he and his brothers, both of them, and Mum would have had a tax file number, a social security number, a medicare card etc, .. they all have or had jobs there in Leeton. . they are not immigrants in the technical sense, .. perhaps the Mother may be, but she may have citizenship thru her marriage, no matter that it ended , or that she lived outside of the country.. or through being a mother of AU citizens..

but it seems like tremendous upheavals have taken place in their lives...geographically, societally, emotionally, financially,.. and now this...

I said this when Morgan Huxley's murderer was convicted - I feel sorry for the criminal's family and sometimes I worry that they miss out on support because of their association with such a vile, despicable person.

As a mum, my heart cracks in two just at the thought of my children being hurt, let alone anything worse. To think of them hurting another person on purpose horrifies me. I would mourn and feel so much guilt.

The Stanford family will be in mourning too - not only for a sweet woman they've never met, but for the son they have lost and for their future after what their son did. Of course the people my heart aches for most are Aaron and Stephanie's family but I can't help but think about the family of VS as well. As angry and sickened as I am by what he did, I feel nothing but compassion for everyone whose lives he has destroyed.

Sorry to get off topic and heavy. I'm teary tonight and have been thinking a lot about mums losing a child in so many different ways.

and he and his brothers, both of them, and Mum would have had a tax file number, a social security number, a medicare card etc, .. they all have or had jobs there in Leeton. . they are not immigrants in the technical sense, .. perhaps the Mother may be, but she may have citizenship thru her marriage, no matter that it ended , or that she lived outside of the country.. or through being a mother of AU citizens..

but it seems like tremendous upheavals have taken place in their lives...geographically, societally, emotionally, financially,.. and now this...
If he is in fact autistic at any level it would have been a huge change to come back to australia. It is for anyone really a move that big but for our asd kids they really feel the changes :/

Hi Froglady and Liaden,

I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification.

Its just that a friend of mine, (Australian-born with Australian citizen children) was denied re-entry to Australia purely on the basis of one of her son's diagnosis (made in the UK) as he was on the autism spectrum.
Sorry.

That's terrible :/

I think that's why I found 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' such a powerful book. The movie too.. it was not your typical sensationalist Hollywood movie, it was raw and real, and quite painful to watch. Having a child do something so atrocious has to be a mothers worst nightmare, along with losing a child. I really recommend both the book and the movie if the subject interests you and you can bear it. I thought they were both done very well.

Just caught up.
What photo of VS' mother and brother are ppl referring to? Can someone pls repost? I can't find the link.

Confused also - what 19 year old brother are ppl referring to? LS is the older brother of the twins from what i understand. Yes, before MS' fb went down, I also thought he looks older in the face than 24 (and I assume so would VS) - partly due to hair loss, beard. But i have no reason to doubt that's the correct age.

One article i read reported the family went back to Holland when the twins were two or three years old. That's wildly different from other reports that they went back about ten years ago, when the twins would have been about thirteen!

I think that's why I found 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' such a powerful book. The movie too.. it was not your typical sensationalist Hollywood movie, it was raw and real, and quite painful to watch. Having a child do something so atrocious has to be a mothers worst nightmare, along with losing a child. I really recommend both the book and the movie if the subject interests you and you can bear it. I thought they were both done very well.

I've only read the book but thoroughly recommend it, harrowing but a must read.

Honestly I think we need to give credit where credit is due and VS mum and bro have done all they can to help the investigation. They need to be shown as exemplary citizens! I truly believe that people who want the best for their kids are not going to hide behind shallow rules - they will want their kids to take the consequences for their behaviour!

I said this when Morgan Huxley's murderer was convicted - I feel sorry for the criminal's family and sometimes I worry that they miss out on support because of their association with such a vile, despicable person.

As a mum, my heart cracks in two just at the thought of my children being hurt, let alone anything worse. To think of them hurting another person on purpose horrifies me. I would mourn and feel so much guilt.

The Stanford family will be in mourning too - not only for a sweet woman they've never met, but for the son they have lost and for their future after what their son did. Of course the people my heart aches for most are Aaron and Stephanie's family but I can't help but think about the family of VS as well. As angry and sickened as I am by what he did, I feel nothing but compassion for everyone whose lives he has destroyed.

Sorry to get off topic and heavy. I'm teary tonight and have been thinking a lot about mums losing a child in so many different ways.

Fruity - there are never any winners in a tragedy such as this. THANK goodness we have both families who seem both interested in the same thing. Justice! It could be vastly different. Stephanie was a special girl, and in every way deserves to be remembered lovingly, but to the family of VS - for their honest help and concern our hearts should be open and accepting, what a selfless and gracious job they have done to assist in bringing justice to the fore.

This has not been stated in the MSM but can it be implied that Luke and Vincent could have worked in pairs to clean the schools if Vincent needs instruction. I think there was only one car which they would have to share to get around.

Also, I wonder if Vincent had been to a doctor since his arrival. Perhaps, as an adult, he refused to get medical attention. Was his supposed autism ever formally diagnosed?

Honestly I think we need to give credit where credit is due and VS mum and bro have done all they can to help the investigation. They need to be shown as exemplary citizens! I truly believe that people who want the best for their kids are not going to hide behind shallow rules - they will want their kids to take the consequences for their behaviour!
This is steering well into OT waters but I truly think that many of the problems we see with kids today (eeeeek I sound old) is that parents are not willing to let them suffer the consequences of it's their behaviour. I really think it is a huge problem.

That article really p***es me off. :gaah:

All that information released about the Stanfords. Only one of them deserves to be hounded and reported on. His mother and brother do not deserve to have their whole lives spread across the media.

moo

Guys, I can only go off what I know. I work in the Casual Replacement Teacher (CRT) industry (along with marketing) for an agency. We process scores of internationals on a weekly basis. They are thoroughly screened and that means researching their previous work/references/personal/criminal/immigration/health declarations/working with children clearances histories going back years.
There is absolutely no way anyone with any kind of questionable background would get past me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas