Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personal opinion....This whole case makes me livid, from the exclusiveness of western yoga, to the comfortable living you have to have to be a practitioner, to the absurd prices some of these retreats are charging in developing countries with very low overhead, to exploiting folks with free labor ("volunteers", as at this Bahamian retreat), to the reality of accommodations that are far different than advertised, to institutionalized discomfort at this retreat, exploitation in every dimension.... and how uncomfortable this must be for someone in an outlier demographic, when really it shouldn't be, because yoga is supposed to be a kind of universal happiness, feel good, and welcoming place. I've never found it so, but that's how it's marketed and imaged in the western world. And I find it to be cult-like: gives me the willies.
Because this has been my experience, I feel terror on behalf of Taylor, and what she must have gone through.

Thursday's press conference, scheduled for 8:30 a.m., comes days after the Royal Bahamas Police Force provided an update on their investigation.

"They came up negative with additional information," Fernander said, adding that officers, canines and marines were continuing to search the area.

Fernander noted that the force was also investigating another missing persons case involving Devon Issacs, a local 17-year-old boy who disappeared more than seven weeks ago.

"That is a concern for us," Fernander said. "No kind of indication, no calls came in that they had any sighting of him."

Both investigations come as Michael Johnson, Chief Supt. of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, on July 5 was placed on "garden leave" following recent social media circulation of "voice notes" involving Johnson.

"The Royal Bahamas police force has a proud history of service," Fernander said during the update. "Unfortunately, there may be instances where individuals fall short of our standards of integrity. This is painful, especially if found within senior ranks, nobody, and I repeat, nobody is above the law."

It is troubling to read about the other missing person case Devon Issacs only 17...tho not much is revealed (big surprise right) it is interesting they have questioned 3 males...

IMO a threat could come just as easily (perhaps more easily) from within the retreat, than some random connection on the beach. There was so much opportunity to be watched, scrutinized, and become the target of ill will on an extended basis.

After reading online reviews, I don’t think the retreat is at all a benign community. The problems that are being complained about reflect the internal feel of the place. And then, I look at that snippet of video ^^^ , and it very much confirms. My hair rises on my neck.
I couldn't find the video in question, can you repost a link please?

JUL 12, 2024
[...]

Casey’s family have also been critical of the yoga retreat, claiming they are prioritizing the guest experience over helping to find Casey.

However, Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Human Resources Consultant Peter Goudie told The Nassau Guardian yesterday the police and the staff at the retreat have “bent over backwards” to help.

“We sat down with them for hours and we answered every question they could possibly [ask] and nobody was holding anything back,” he said.

“So, I don’t know how they could say that because we have bent over backwards to do everything possible for that family.

“Obviously, there is frustration because they can’t find her and I can understand that.”

Seymore said they are seeking donations to fund a private investigator and lawyer.

[...]

Since TC was traveling alone, if foul play, was TC followed? If no foul play, is there a water accident possible, resulting with a phone in the water and a body washed out to sea?

Violence/accident and collective coverup?

It seems like TC didn't intend NOT to return to the tent.

Something unexpected happened.

JMO

JUL 12, 2024
[...]

Casey’s family have also been critical of the yoga retreat, claiming they are prioritizing the guest experience over helping to find Casey.

However, Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Human Resources Consultant Peter Goudie told The Nassau Guardian yesterday the police and the staff at the retreat have “bent over backwards” to help.

“We sat down with them for hours and we answered every question they could possibly [ask] and nobody was holding anything back,” he said.

“So, I don’t know how they could say that because we have bent over backwards to do everything possible for that family.

“Obviously, there is frustration because they can’t find her and I can understand that.”

Seymore said they are seeking donations to fund a private investigator and lawyer.

[...]
But Taylor has been missing for more than 3 weeks. My impression is that the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat was reluctant to get involved at first when timing was critical. Guests who may have seen something are probably gone. When Colette visited the Bahamas she noted the lack of missing person poster for Taylor.

The video is the one posted ^^^ that is the last video with Taylor in it. She's in a yellow t-shirt in a public place with a woman seated next to her (also in a yellow t-shirt), who snuggles up. As other posters note ^^^^ Taylor seems afraid.

But Taylor has been missing for more than 3 weeks. My impression is that the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat was reluctant to get involved at first when timing was critical. Guests who may have seen something are probably gone. When Colette visited the Bahamas she noted the lack of missing person poster for Taylor.
Guests who may have done something will be long gone. There are also staff "volunteers" and whoever else. There's nothing to indicate the missing event didn't begin on the premises.

They have raised over $22,000 towards their goal of $100,000 to help offset the travel, mental health, and other expenses related to the search and her disappearance.
I'm just reviewing old posts trying to find the woman in the yellow tshirt being disgussed above but no link yet...

regardless, i found this and it stopped me kind of abruptly because, was it only a 2 day retreat??!! why did i think it was longer!!!???

bbm & snipped from the link in imstilla.g's post above...
...A 15-year practitioner of yoga, she was on the island for a two-day retreat and told her family she was looking forward to returning home to Chicago.

I'm just reviewing old posts trying to find the woman in the yellow tshirt being disgussed above but no link yet...

regardless, i found this and it stopped me kind of abruptly because, was it only a 2 day retreat??!! why did i think it was longer!!!???

...A 15-year practitioner of yoga, she was on the island for a two-day retreat and told her family she was looking forward to returning home to Chicago.
If she was there for teacher training... That's a month long course.

From this article:
…since Casey arrived at the retreat on June 3

To Note:
Seymore said her daughter seemed like herself in phone calls they had since Casey arrived at the retreat on June 3. But on the day she was last seen alive, Seymore said, her daughter sounded off.

“Taylor told me, ‘Ma, this is hard,’” Seymore said. “And when Taylor told me that, I just felt something, because Taylor is not a quitter, and Taylor loves yoga and really wanted to do that. I just had this eerie feeling.”

“We determined Taylor was missing on June 20th and advised the police that evening. The night before was the last time she was seen,” Goldbloom said. “We advised staff and guests on the 20th as well and have continued to keep them informed.“

“I would also like to point out that the police have advised that they believe that Taylor left the ashram voluntarily,” Goldbloom added.

This is the 2nd article I’ve seen that stated new details would be released today, Friday, July 12.

A Chicago family could get more answers on Friday about their missing daughter in the Bahamas.

The Royal Bahamas Police Force is expected to release new information on the Taylor Casey case.

The video is the one posted ^^^ that is the last video with Taylor in it. She's in a yellow t-shirt in a public place with a woman seated next to her (also in a yellow t-shirt), who snuggles up. As other posters note ^^^^ Taylor seems afraid.
I'm not sure if I'm blind or stupid or both, but I don't see a video featuring this. Could you pretty please repost it? Thanks.

There is something weird about this place. Whenever I want to investigate a hotel or resort I check reviews. I never start with the 4 and 5 star reviews but the 1 and 2 stars and oh, boy, when you check those reviews for this ashram they are unsettling. So many people refer to the place as a cult where they expect people to be subservient to the teachers, etc. Most of the workers don't get paid because they are working to attain their yoga teaching certificate. They are overworked and tired and don't care about the paying customers. Attendees pay to get special training from specific visitors and most of the sessions is like a promotion to get you to buy their oil or whatever else they are hawking and very little education or training or just a rushed one in the last ten minutes of the session. And this isn't new it's been going on for years, apparently.

I get the impression that those who give glowing reports on this retreat have probably never really been to an authentic retreat (neither have I) and they seem to presume that the hardships they endure for 400 and 600 buck a night is some kind of test of their mettle and commitment to the philosophy when in reality it sounds like the place is a scam milking you for all you're worth. There is no area where the retreat takes ownership or responsibility for anything that happens on the retreat grounds. They don't deny anything just shift the inquiry over to LE. Everything is at your own risk, there are no refunds not even when someone leaves after being injured doing a yoga class. The place looks good on the brochures but according to many the place is worn out, moldy rooms, cockroaches, threadbare towels, the food is subpar and does not reflect the offerings in the brochures, just a repetitive list of cabbage, carrots and white rice, what fruit is offered is overripe and mushy which sounds suspiciously like what might get thrown out at the Atlantis down the beach . All of the complaints are responded by rote: sorry you had a bummer of a stay, please call and contact our management, yet the irony of that response is the people in the reviews have complained repeatedly by calling, emailing, texting repeatedly the ashram to no avail. It just sounds so weird. You'd almost think it was a front for something. They are raking in big bucks but beyond the gorgeous grounds (which most visitors agree on 100%) there is no attempt to maintain the place. Where does the money go?
IMO this post got a bit lost in the mix, but reflects an aspect of the discussion that is undercurrent in this investigation.

We had an extended discussion about it. No idea where the whole discussion went.....It was video taken inside the ashram. Anyone else recall? Maybe a chanting session? A bunch of us were discussing how uncomfortable Taylor looked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back