GUILTY Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lisa Wilkinson from channel9 speaks about violence on women. Many of the wonderful women who have lost their lives at the hands of murderous bastards. Stephany, Allison, Warriena & Lisa just to mention a few we have followed justice at Websleuths.

http://www.9news.com.au

A big hello to EurekaLemon. ( the best lemons, in my opinion) ... what I want is the usual gossip.. it struck me as way outside my experience to find, in the early days, that no one knew these blokes at all.. they didn't play darts, they didn't golf, they didn't fish, they didn't go to the footy, they didn't even go to the pub for an evening drink, they didn't do , if I might be so bold, any damn thing your normal country town bloke would do, and they had been there a year. They certainly did not become known , as far as I can tell, to any girls, or women, whatsoever...

This, I reckon, Eureka, would be a hard line to hold in a place like Leeton, or Griffith or the smaller villages, even more so..

Since the brother Marcus was found to be employed at fruit picking, vineyard stuff in South Australia, I had wondered in the beginning why he was ejected from the family home, such as it was. Obviously, it was the 'home' before Leeton, but his income would have been probably missed a bit, I would think.

What I want to know, Eureka, are the gals of Leeton a bit less observant these days?? how did these blokes ( 3 ) get under the radar?? .. Country ladies are usually beady eyed about this sort of thing, to the max and never give up, either , until the last piece of information is safely tucked in the glovebox..

I am expecting some sort of plea being lodged with the court, from both brothers, actually.. something along the lines of guilty ...

it is clear that both Marcus and Vincent will be, or have, applied for Legal Aid, and due to the seriousness of the charges against them, particularly Vincent, it's probable that Legal Aid has been granted, but that also brings it's own set of circumstances... much scrutiny is applied to the cost of whether a plea of not guilty has any possibility of being successful. Often, the recipient of Legal Aid is advised to plead that which the costs granted will cover....... it sounds suspiciously like bought justice, but it does have it's sensible side..

The objection by the Vic Government currently to granting legal aid to Adrian Bailey for a reduction of sentence stuff is a case in point..

Neither of these men are in a position to be paying their own way thru the legal journey both must now undertake, and it is inevitable that eyes will be cast on the cost they will incur in pleading their case, whichever plea they make..

So .. .. I'm keeping an eye out for some sort of announcement in this regard.

With the twins court date looming, is it possible the charges against MS have been upgraded? I'm seeing a few reports that indicate "two men are being charged over the murder." This could just be vague reporting, but that seems a little different to MS being charged in relation to/an accessory of the murder?

With the twins court date looming, is it possible the charges against MS have been upgraded? I'm seeing a few reports that indicate "two men are being charged over the murder." This could just be vague reporting, but that seems a little different to MS being charged in relation to/an accessory of the murder?

Do you have a link to these reports?

Currently my interpretation based on msm reports is that VS has been charged with murder and MS has been charged with being accessory after the fact of murder, so both have been charged in relation to the murder. IMO.

Thank you for the welcome! I love this site and I'm happy I am no longer a lurker. As stated in my previous post, I would rather not say anything about the people who are not involved or not a person of interest.

I will definitley look at becoming an insider. Any information that is on public record, I am happy to share.

Gosh, I wish I could just write in CAPS how I personally know some of the information. I have photos too! EEKK!! I know exactly where I was and what I was doing that day.

On Easter Sunday, I had to drive back home to to get something I had forgotten. The whole drive back ( around 12 minutes each way), pulling into my drive way, opening up my house and driving back, it was just creepy. I even said to my husband when I arrived back at the venue that it was eerily quiet and just unsettling.

One detail that has been troubling me is the email that was sent. We have no details if it was a personal email or a work email ending with @det.gov.au . I have one of them as I am in the same field of work as Stephanie. Even though it has been a while since I have been in a classroom, I am still part of the department and my email is active. The department of education is very strict as to the type of email you can send and receive. Sending confirmation to the bus company would be seen as personal therefore prohibited. Also, the email and DET site itself is accessible from anywhere you have internet access. Why would she not use her phone/PC/laptop etc for this or did she? There are several places around town where there is Free WiFi. We don't know from which device it was sent. I'm sure the police have all the details and it will come up in court.
Welcome!

BBM

Very kindly and with all respect, department employees are allowed to use their @det.nsw.edu.au email and a certain percentage of det internet for personal use within the code of conduct. The school principal can see all websites visited and it is only after the percentage of personal use is reached that they can say anything. Even then, if it is innocent most principals will turn a blind eye.

An email to a bus company won't raise a single eyebrow.

Both VS and MS were scheduled to appear in court on 30 September 2015 in relation to the murder of SS.
Hopefully, we will learn more about this horrific case in two days time. It appears to be a Mention only.

NSW Court Lists:
30 Sep 9:30 am 2015/00104505 R v VINCENT STANFORD Criminal Local Court(Griffith) Mention (Police)

30 Sep 9:30 am 2015/00167544 R v Marcus Stanford Criminal Local Court(Griffith) Mention (Police)
https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/content/court-lists

Some helpful excerpts from the following legal info:

http://nswcourts.com.au/articles/what-are-the-different-stages-of-an-average-court-case/
2. Mention
At the mention a person charged with a criminal offence can plead guilty or not guilty or ask for an adjournment to seek legal advice.
If the person charged pleads not guilty at the mention, the case will normally be adjourned for another mention in 6 weeks to enable police to serve all of their statements and other evidence against the charged.
If a person charged pleads ‘not guilty’ to a serious charge, it will ultimately reach a ‘committal hearing’...

http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/cr...t-guilty/committal-hearing/yes/district-court
DISTRICT COURT MENTIONS
Generally, a person charged does not receive a hearing date at Mention until the defence and the crown are ready to run a hearing.
At one of the court mentions, before a trial date is set, the accused will be arraigned: the court will read out the indictments (this includes information about the offences) for each offence and the accused will be asked whether they plead guilty or not guilty...
If the accused pleads 'not guilty' the accused will then be committed to trial and a trial date set.

ABC News SydneyVerified account ‏@abcnewsSydney 2m2 minutes ago
Stanford twins charged over alleged murder of Leeton school teacher Stephanie Scott to remain behind bars
http://ab.co/1QK8HXF

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-...-of-stephanie-scott-matters-adjourned/6815012

Stephanie Scott: Twins Vincent and Marcus Stanford remain behind bars over alleged murder of Leeton teacher
Updated 7 minutes ago

The twin brothers charged in connection with the alleged murder of Leeton High School teacher Stephanie Scott remain in custody after a brief court hearing in the New South Wales Riverina region... both accused chose not to appear via video-court today... each accused charges remain separate ... no bail applications were made ... neither accused have entered pleas ...

Both cases were adjourned to 25 November 2015(another 6 weeks time).

Does this mean Vincent & Marcus were both at the murder?
I thought Marcus was (maybe) an accessory afterwards.

Stephanie Scott court case: Brothers refuse to appear on screen

A COURT hearing that lasted barely two minutes in the Stephanie Scott case left her family in disbelief this morning.

The matter was quickly adjourned to November 25 in Griffith Local Court on Wednesday, with Miss Scott’s mother Merrilyn shaking her head and whispering “that’s it?” to her daughter Robyn Scott.

Miss Scott’s family and fiancée Aaron Leeson-Woolley attended the brief hearing, with the Crown asking magistrate Katherine Thompson to adjourn the matter to November 25 for reply.

http://www.irrigator.com.au/story/3...-brothers-refuse-to-appear-on-screen/?cs=1272

No plea entered today, no bail applied for or given... both remaining in custody, until next court appearance in November....... nor, as far as I can tell, has any move been made to have any court appearance or trial, ( after a plea is entered) shifted away from Griffith / Leeton..... which means, the whole panoply of a court able to adjudicate a murder trial has to be transported to Griffith, perhaps.. unless at some later stage the thing is moved to Wagga Wagga..

Just a guess but the fact of no plea entered, seems to me like no final decision has been made on the financial aspects of both brothers defence. .. until that is settled, perhaps no barrister can be signed up for the trial, in the case of a not guilty plea ( by either, in regard to the different charges ) ... unless a sufficient amount of Legal Aid is designated, not a lot of decisions can be made, but the delay is horrid, indeed , for Ms Scott's family. Horrid and inescapable.

( can I make a little reminder here, since this matter of Stephanie Scott is now adjourned, to keep an eye out for the Coroners Inquest on Kim Hunt of Lockhart ( very near Leeton ) and her three children, Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe who were murdered by their father, Geoff Hunt , over a year ago at their home one cold winters night in August. The Inquest is to take place on Oct 4th. )

Hi Websleuthers. Long time lurker, first time poster :)
EurekaLemon, would you mind if i could ask some questions? I have been following this case since the start and something that has always bothered me in 'not adding up' is the car, and a couple of details you gave, further sent up red flags per se.

1. By the sounds of it, there are only 2 (possibly 3 but all locked up bar 1) ways to get into the 'paddock' via car, where Stephanie's car was found? One being through the main entrance closer to the residence which was padlocked off, and the other being through the adjoining property? And those 2 adjoining properties left the gates unlocked for each other? And this adjoining property could only be accessed by a rarely used off-road? Would it be your opinion then, that to have dumped the car where it was - He would have had to access the remote road, then access the adjoining property and then utilise the unlocked gates to eventually dump the car where it was found?

2. If that is the case, how common knowledge was it that this particular property could be accessed like this? You mentioned something about fruit pickers or the like, possibly in this area. Was this area recently known to transients?

3. On another thread, another local mentioned that where the car was dumped would have actually been quite visible from the main road, especially if one were searching for it. Is this correct?

4. On foot, approximately how many minutes would it take to walk back into Leeton township/residential, and what would the odds be of being noticed by people driving by? Is it common at all to see people walking into the township from this road?

5. From her car, if someone were to walk back into the township, would it be viable to traverse a fair portion of that distance off-road (non visible from the road)? Through the bush/private properties etc?

Thanks, and sorry if i've got info wrong or seem a bit reductive.

*I understand the word was that someone, a potential eyewitness, stated that he saw someone walking into Leeton from that direction on Monday morning (Thursday until it was discovered? and Wednesday evening when VS was arrested and detained). However i wonder how this would hold up as this person passed him in a car and the description included a hat, sunglasses and a jacket (a backpack too i think). Incredibly vague imo.

*Would that property have been the most suitable place to dump a car if you were walking back on foot? I hate to sound grim, but also where the body was found wasn't well concealed either. Either a sloppy opportunistic crime or someone that wanted things found quickly? And if VS wasn't working on Sunday; did he work monday/tuesday/wednesday at the school? I understand he had already been questioned early and can't help but think the police must have had an eye on him before his actual arrest? (such a small town, how many POI's to observe?)

* How can this case be adjourned for another 6 weeks by request of the crown without a single mention as to why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back