GUILTY Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
of course he can.. that's called, 'making an appearance'.... if this so far unknown Dutch Doctor has input into the trial, he has to make himself available for cross examination .. . since , it appears from the original newsreport, it is the defence that is awaiting some sign of life from the doctor, it means the doctor would have to be questioned by the state prosecutor. . .cross-examined.

The method of that, , live appearance in court, Skype, televised content, doesn't really matter as long as the question and answer can proceed with continuity and openness, unhampered by technical glitch etc.. who pays for this?... since it is the defence the doctor is apparently in communication with.. the defence would be up for the costs..

A lot would depend on whether this mysterious Dutch doctor has seen Vincent since he was nine. . so far, that hasn't been reported.. merely a supposition that Vincent was in medical consultation with a doctor at the age of nine. No corroboration of that, ........

This doctor could have died since or not have kept adequate records all these years. He may have been a GP and not a Psychiatrist so would his evidence be valid in a court of law if he was not a Psychiatrist.

I was curious about when Aspergers was officially diagnosed and found this:

"The first systematic studies appeared in the late 1980s in publications by Tantam (1988) in the UK, Gillberg and Gilbert in Sweden (1989), and Szatmari, Bartolucci and Bremmer (1989) in North America.[1] The diagnostic criteria for AS were outlined by Gillberg and Gillberg in 1989; Szatmari also proposed criteria in 1989.[16] Asperger's work became more widely available in English when Uta Frith, an early researcher of Kannerian autism, translated his original paper in 1991.[1] AS became a distinct diagnosis in 1992, when it was included in the 10th published edition of the World Health Organization’s diagnostic manual, International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10); in 1994, it was added to the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) as Asperger's Disorder.[6]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Asperger_syndrome

So in 1994 and that was only 22 years ago.

How old would Vincent be now? Say he is 26 years old now, they have to go back 17 years to when he was 9 years old. The diagnosis had only been possible for five years then so it will depend on how up to date the Dutch doctor was, and if he was only a GP, he may not have known about Aspergers Syndrome then or been able or qualified to diagnose it.

Is it correct that one would need a Psychiatrist rather than a GP to give evidence on psychiatric disorders?

At what age can Aspergers be diagnosed?

I'm wondering wondering wondering what has happened to this trial. It seems it was delayed to February 2016, which is now gone. Anybody know?

Crown solicitor Virginia Morgan told the Griffith Local Court that the brief of evidence had now been served and the case was ready to move to committal stage.

Magistrate Catherine Thompson agreed and told the court, "I think we need to move it forward."

The twins did not appear on screen during a short hearing in court and the case was listed for committal on March 31.

Neither have entered pleas to their charges.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-...ins-vincent-and-marcus-stanford-court/7198084

I cannot help wondering about the twin's mother and brother. Are they still helping the police? Have they moved? Do they visit the boys? Are the boys talking to anyone?

I cannot help wondering about the twin's mother and brother. Are they still helping the police? Have they moved? Do they visit the boys? Are the boys talking to anyone?

I am assuming that Vincent's utility car is still probably impounded. I got the impression that car was the only car among the family, maybe the older brother got it back and uses it. Since the brothers are still in custody in Griffith, maybe they moved to Griffith, I know the house they lived in at Leeton was up for auction. But Annika had a job in Leeton at the nursing hospital, I think...so....maybe not. And the older brother had a job in Leeton also, but as what I do not know. .

As for talking to anyone.. well. even if they did, the police wouldn't be allowed to tell the press.. one has to assume they are talking to their solicitor, who in turn would be talking to their assigned barrister...... long days in the Griffith holding pen, long hot days.... .. No application for bail for either of them has been submitted. . Vincent wouldn't get bail, but there could be a case for Markus to be considered, but it hasn't been applied for as far as I know.

Is it correct that one would need a Psychiatrist rather than a GP to give evidence on psychiatric disorders?

At what age can Aspergers be diagnosed?

my son is 4 and in the process of being diagnosed with ASD - under the latest version of the DSM (DSM-V) there is no such thing as Aspergers anymore. Aspergers, Autism, and PDD-NOS are all under the umbrella of ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). However at the time that Vincent would have been diagnosed, there were those distinctions. (PDD-NOS is 'pervasive development disorder not otherwise specified', basically I believe meaning a child showed symptoms of autism/aspergers but not in the typical way)

children can be diagnosed at 2, but my son is not unusual in being diagnosed at 4 and others might be later. depends on the individual child, as ASD is a very individual thing.

Not sure if this is internationally true, or if it was anything like this in the 90s, but in Australia right now, autism is not something a GP can diagnose. Usually it's diagnosed by a team of professionals that include a developmental psychologist and a paediatrician and they base it on testing of the child personally, as well as on reports from other health professionals that have assessed the child including speech therapists, occupational therapists, early childhood educators, GPs, etc. It might differ by local area, but that's how it's done here. It's definitely not something a GP can diagnose, and nobody has mentioned my son seeing a psychiatrist. In fact at this stage he doesn't even need to see a psychologist except for assessment purposes, as all his therapy is done by early childhood educators, speech therapists and OTs with his paediatrician as the coordinator of it all. It's a very involved process and lots of different people have a role to play.

Does anyone know what this weeks committal will entail? Is it the actual trial or another formality/appearance?

Does anyone know what this weeks committal will entail? Is it the actual trial or another formality/appearance?

:bump:
Vincent and Marcus Stanford have been charged with a serious offence which yesterday was set down for a Commital Hearing on March 31, 2016. Neither defendant entered a plea.

A committal is a hearing in the Local Court before the charge is heard in the District Court or Supreme Court.

In the Committal Hearing, the Magistrate decides whether the prosecution has enough evidence for the case to be committed for trial, or sentence. If there is enough evidence and the case is serious enough, the case will be decided by a Judge and a jury in the District or Supreme Court.

If the defendant pleads guilty, the matter will be committed for sentence. If the defendant pleads not guilty or enters no plea, the matter will be committed for trial.

http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publi...ng-a-committal

This terrible time dragging delay must be so horrible for Stephanie's family, and in a way, horrible for the people of Leeton, the crime itself is so terrible, so useless and so outrageous..

There are aspects of the crime that particularly interest me, in a forensic sense.. I want to know , and understand, if possible, the taking of the photographs by Vincent. Either at the murder itself, or the burning and attempted burial procedure. There is something in that that defies all logic and rationale, and , I suppose, will be emphasised as a component of Vincent's mental state.

Then there is Markus . It seems a terrific leap for him to be quietly working away, picking grapes, to suddenly be an entrepreneur attempting to sell off the possessions of a woman recently murdered by his brother. . These objects were not particularly valuable, in the scale of things.. ..

And, how did Vincent get back into town after dumping Stephanie's car?. I just reject entirely the idea that Markus was in town. It appears he didn't have a car and getting to Leeton from Adelaide is a complicated procedure by flying. Even more so by train, and you can double that problem by bus. .. but at what point did he become involved? Before, during or after? .. .

Kelly Fedor ‏@KellyFedor 13m13 minutes ago
#BREAKING Vincent Stanford has has been committed to stand trial charged with the murder of school teacher Stephanie Scott. @9NewsSyd

Kelly Fedor ‏@KellyFedor 51m51 minutes ago
#BREAKING Vincent Stanford's brother Marcus has pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the murder of Stephanie Scott. @9NewsSyd

Kelly Fedor ‏@KellyFedor 46m46 minutes ago
Marcus Stanford says "yeah, thank you very much" as he is told he'll face the District Court in May ahead of sentencing. @9NewsSyd

Thinking of Stephanie's fiance, family, friends, colleagues and local community today.
Justice is on the way. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back