Australia Australia - Suzanne Armstrong, 28, Susan Bartlett, 27, Collingwood, Vic, 10 Jan 1977

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The police? never, but Mr Big might fake a contest win...
''Surveillance showed that Greg Fertuck went to the same 22nd Street West liquor store on a daily basis. Two undercover operators then posed as members of a marketing and research company, doing surveys at the vendor and offering a fictitious contest to participants.
Greg Fertuck was selected for a two-person, all-expenses paid trip to the Canmore-Banff area.''
Yep, I was only attempting a bit of satire (or something) back there. I know the police via undercover operatives etc pull some very clever stunts to get what they need.

My mother years ago worked for a private investigation company and some of the ingenious stunts they pulled made for great listening.

Yep, I was only attempting a bit of satire (or something) back there. I know the police via undercover operatives etc pull some very clever stunts to get what they need.

My mother years ago worked for a private investigation company and some of the ingenious stunts they pulled made for great listening.
Ditto, satire!

The police? never, but Mr Big might fake a contest win...
''Surveillance showed that Greg Fertuck went to the same 22nd Street West liquor store on a daily basis. Two undercover operators then posed as members of a marketing and research company, doing surveys at the vendor and offering a fictitious contest to participants.
Greg Fertuck was selected for a two-person, all-expenses paid trip to the Canmore-Banff area.''
Canadian Provincial police are generally considered to be the masters of this particular aspect of criminal capture.. When QLD police decided to , in desperation, to bring Brett Cowan to justice, they consulted with the BC, Vancouver police and the RCMP, who had had a very satisfying conclusion to Glen Sebastian Burns and Atif Ahmad Rafay case along with the Bellevue , Washington, police....

Canadian officers had a big input into Cowan' s sting, so if there was a sting against Perry, I would bet the Canadians had their red coated brown booted blokes right in the thick of it.

It is interesting that Greg Fertuck followed the same procedure as those stung before him had, an offer to join an elite ( to them ) criminal operation, with a lot of mates and some small successes leading up to the ultimate grab, Cowan did the same, Rafay and Burns did to, and they were all small time crims to begin with , like Perry, into a bit of burglary as a habit...

Last edited:
Canadian Provincial police are generally considered to be the masters of this particular aspect of criminal capture.. When QLD police decided to , in desperation, to bring Brett Cowan to justice, they consulted with the BC, Vancouver police and the RCMP, who had had a very satisfying conclusion to Glen Sebastian Burns and Atif Ahmad Rafay case along with the Bellevue , Washington, police....

Canadian officers had a big input into Cowan' s sting, so if there was a sting against Perry, I would bet the Canadians had their red coated brown booted blokes right in the thick of it.

Interestingly, Tim Munro-Watson referenced the Canadian police in this case (not that he would know if there was a sting operation) .... but the Canadian police had used "investigative genetic genealogy" to identify their suspect's family group. Which is what led to their own felon's arrest and conviction. Link

He pointed to the case of Joseph George Sutherland who was arrested in 2022 and charged with murdering two women in Toronto, Canada, 40 years earlier after being identified as a suspect through DNA. Link

Interestingly, Tim Munro-Watson referenced the Canadian police in this case (not that he would know if there was a sting operation) .... but the Canadian police had used "investigative genetic genealogy" to identify their suspect's family group. Which is what led to their own felon's arrest and conviction. Link

He pointed to the case of Joseph George Sutherland who was arrested in 2022 and charged with murdering two women in Toronto, Canada, 40 years earlier after being identified as a suspect through DNA. Link

The Fifth Estate is a Canadian program series, similar to the AU Four Corners program, a publicly funded investigation series, been running, like Four Corners, for years in Canada.

I first found out about The Fifth Estate programme when they did an investigative episode about Buffy Saint Marie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoenStacey1961
Back