Australia Australia - Suzanne Armstrong, 28, Susan Bartlett, 27, Collingwood, Vic, 10 Jan 1977

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I grew up in a similiar inner city suburb of Melbourne in the 70s. Raised by a single Mum. It somehow all feels so ‘close to home’. Being Melbournians, around in the 70s, we were horrified for the victims annd their families. And to find out the (then) age of the alleged offender is so hard to comprehend. I hope this leads to some form of answers for the dear ‘Sues’ families.

Unbelievable book. Huge amounts of detail.

Also a movie on Netflix loosely based on it called The Stranger
A very,very good film imo, but as bleak as you’d expect from the subject matter.

Very much hoping that justice is decisively done here, and greatly impressed by the doggedness of those in VicPol who’ve pursued the case over the years.

His brother alleges he was lured to Rome for a property deal: ‘It was a trap’: Accused Easey Street killer ‘lured to Rome’ before arrest, family says

Link is paywalled, but from the article:

- One brother said he was lured by a property deal and that 'it was a trap'.
- Another brother said Perry had been approached by a Greek-Australian investor interested in buying one of the family's properties in Greece, and had invited Perry to Rome to discuss the deal. Said Perry met the 'investor' about 3 months ago.
- Commissioner of Border Police at the airport says they received an Interpol alert on Sept 18 - a day before the arrest - and began monitoring flights.

edit: removed direct quotes since it's paywalled
It is very hard for me to give up on the idea of rich sad lonely Greek Australian Widow stranded in Rome, needing help, and Perry being the only one capable..... but a property sting is just as neat, and probably somewhat cheaper.. the puzzle for me now that we know he had another brother in Athens, I think he lived with this brother?.. whatever, why did not Perry send this brother, to nail the deal down ? why risk it himself, he could have given the brother power of attorney to sign stuff, if needed...... maybe somewhere , somehow there is something luring only Perry to Rome..... property AND romance!!.. it's got everything..

A very,very good film imo, but as bleak as you’d expect from the subject matter.

Very much hoping that justice is decisively done here, and greatly impressed by the doggedness of those in VicPol who’ve pursued the case over the years.

I thought it was an amazing film. I can understand the family not supporting or endorsing it. I respect that. It did paint a portrait of how creepy these guys are and the commitment of the coppers that put themselves into these situations to catch these pricks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back