Identified! Australia - Sydney, 'Man on the Rack' WhtMale 85UMNSW, 25-45, Aug'94 - Max Tancevski

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This *has* to be a match - it is strange though - it is so obvious to us yet how could this case be sitting there so long. Sydney isn't *that* big..?!

It worries me the lack of response... I am wondering if it is worth letting someone at 2UE/Channel 7 or 9 know to follow up?!

I don't know the specifics of how to resolve missing cases and matches.

But the photo and reconstruction are amazingly similar! Good work.

Very handsome guy :blush: too. RIP Felice.

It looked good match but I'm not sure why it's still 2 yrs since someone submitted the possible match. Hopefully, it'll be closure for the victim's family asap.

It doesn't appear the op followed up to let us know if this possible match was ruled out or not. If anyone has some extra time and would like to resubmit the possible match, please do so. There may be a rule out and we just weren't updated here. (especially as the MP is still listed as missing and the UID is still listed as unidentified).

i was lookin at the list i was wondering if samatha knight should be on this list they have charged and jailed someone for her murder and i suppose technically she is a missing person her body has never been found RIP samatha

also i was trying to get some info about a murder that happened in the late 70;s in the singleton area NSW but i cant seem to find anything - is there anywhere that anybody knows that i could find the information - i know that someone was charged with the murder but they were aquitted - and it was a child and i dont know the childs name but i have the person whoowas charged name - any help would be greatly appreciated ty

Welcome to WS babybaby1913.

I found a thread for Samantha Knight in our missing but not forgotten discussion forum here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48749&highlight=samantha+knight

A short thread, but one exists.

We also have a cold case forum here you may want to start a thread on the second murder you mentioned. There are a few threads in the CC forum where members ask about a murder they remember but can't remember some of the details so they ask...

Cold Cases - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

hth

Cubby

i was lookin at the list i was wondering if samatha knight should be on this list they have charged and jailed someone for her murder and i suppose technically she is a missing person her body has never been found RIP samatha

also i was trying to get some info about a murder that happened in the late 70;s in the singleton area NSW but i cant seem to find anything - is there anywhere that anybody knows that i could find the information - i know that someone was charged with the murder but they were aquitted - and it was a child and i dont know the childs name but i have the person whoowas charged name - any help would be greatly appreciated ty

Have you tried the local Singleton newspaper, the Singleton Argus? Their web address is www.singletonargus.com.au. I live about 2.5 hours drive from Singleton and know a few people in the area.

This gave me the chills!!!

I live in Sydney and have submitted this to the relevant authoritys. Felice is still missing.

Well done to the person who found this!

Ok, I received an email back already from missing persons. This match has been forwarded onto the Homicide Detective in charge of the JD case. They will be checking to see if Felice was considered. They even mentioned how similar they were.

Welcome to WS cath999.
Thank you so much for resubmitting this to the local authorities.
Please keep us posted.

Ok, I received an email back already from missing persons. This match has been forwarded onto the Homicide Detective in charge of the JD case. They will be checking to see if Felice was considered. They even mentioned how similar they were.

Did you ever hear back as to whether this match was ruled out?

I found this today...
This seems to be a profile for a missing person (Joe Peter Biviano) that was (I think) ruled out by dentals. It also refers to this UID as "Rackman." I found the same story on crucifix.com.au. Crucifix isn't a news agency, but I don't understand what it actually is.

It has a bit more detail on the UID than I'd seen, including how they'd used the barnacles on the steel frame to estimate when it was put into the water.

It is also a little more specific on his likely parentage (Italian, Austrian or Czechoslovakian) than the DoeNetwork profile ("Mediterranean or Central to East European origin"), though both mean basically mean about the same thing.

Two months after his remains were found, pictures of Rackman's computer-enhanced face were flashed around the country. Information was received almost immediately, indicating the remains were identical to those of Joe Peter Biviano, a convicted drug dealer who disappeared from Drummoyne in December 1993, shortly after his 30th birthday. But when Dr Griffiths examined photos of the missing man's teeth, he found too many points of difference to establish a positive link.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Biviano.htm

The article also makes mention of another MP that was checked and ruled out (Peter Mitris) who vanished in 1991, reportedly bashed in the head and thrown into the ocean. I couldn't find out if he was located or not. All I found was that he was involved in the comic industry (like Spiderman, not stand-up). A friend of his posts to comic art forums and seems to be quite the character.

In doing this I have been accused of everything short of murder and that’s only because they can’t find a body to pin on me... yet (ha)... they got close with the horrific and sad murder of my long time friend and ex-partner Peter Mitris (R.I.P.)
-from http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15513&sid=8337d4878e295ae318cc06f4a0fe482a

Here is Bivano's DoeNetwork profile:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/213dmnsw.html

Giving this old thread a bump because I never heard of this case.

A few notes: I believe a 'nonslip knot' is fairly popular with fishermen.

I would really like to see this rack to get a better idea of it..

Australia seems to have very few Doe cases for one reason or another.

Maybe he did not live in Australia. But in Australia from another country doing a drug deal gone wrong. Perhaps everyone is looking for a missing person in the wrong place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back