Australia Australia - Tanja Ebert, 23, Roseworthy, SA, 8 Aug 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the posts Tropper.
Goodness, just as you'd said, what victim bashing by MIL; "whimsical, bad bookkeeper, I think she mentioned divorce" (whispered like the worst thing ever). Her son was an alleged murder!!! What a horrid woman, though understandable her bias and grief. News should not give her airtime.
Please Helen Garner, write on this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodness, just as you'd said, what victim bashing by MIL; "whimsical, bad bookkeeper, I think she mentioned divorce" (whispered like the worst thing ever). Her son was an alleged murder!!! What a horrid woman, though understandable her bias and grief. News should not give her airtime.

Helen Garner... the only one who could write about it.... Helen would pick up on Marlis like a laser beam....

Marlis is a master at the passive aggressive game.... hearing her convinced me that Tanja never made it out of Adelaide alive.. Tanja would never leave her kids with Marlis, ... she didn't even tell Marlis she was going to the Bahamas, she left them with someone else, and it has to be noted that Marlis has not been seen as a suitable minder for the children currently. There has to be a compelling reason for the grandmother to be shunted aside...

The bit that made me reel back , even my little dog reeled back, was where she arranges her mouth and that little pathetic moue,... 'well'... she says, quietly triumphant.... ' if Michael buried her here , you'll never find her.. he knew every stone on the place'....

she knows.. she knows and she minded the kids while he hid her body.

another thing!!.. she was dodgy about her first son's manner of death.. as it happens, he committed suicide at the age of 19.. at Oulnina Park.....but Marlis was at a loss to tie Tanja in with his death.. she herself could see the anomaly, ..... 2 sons, both suicides... she can try and hang Michaels death on Tanja but it's difficult to lay Mark's death at the same door. But she smoooothly moved on to return to the failings of Tanja as presented by Marlis..........bad bookkeeper.... lone traveller, probably not as deferential to Marlis as one could be.... ..

Michael's mother said the police went in with guns drawn like cowboys, but they'd just heard a gunshot? This would be the most understandable time for police to draw their guns.
The police are used to a family member's hostility to a death or an arrest but an enquiry would be beneficial in how to prevent this happening again.
If your child/partner is showing distress & guns are kept on the property, it's a good idea to collect and lock them away. Michael knew the game was up when police said they'd dig up the property.
This man probably hadn't been emotionally well for quite a long time, only those closest would know, unfortunately, the police hadn't a clue. JMO

Helen Garner... the only one who could write about it.... Helen would pick up on Marlis like a laser beam....

Marlis is a master at the passive aggressive game.... hearing her convinced me that Tanja never made it out of Adelaide alive.. Tanja would never leave her kids with Marlis, ... she didn't even tell Marlis she was going to the Bahamas, she left them with someone else, and it has to be noted that Marlis has not been seen as a suitable minder for the children currently. There has to be a compelling reason for the grandmother to be shunted aside...

The bit that made me reel back , even my little dog reeled back, was where she arranges her mouth and that little pathetic moue,... 'well'... she says, quietly triumphant.... ' if Michael buried her here , you'll never find her.. he knew every stone on the place'....

She did seem rather proud Michael could bury a body and it'd never be found!

I can't believe Marlis thinks Tanja is still alive, so her son killed himself because he was required to go with police for further questioning, because the property will be thoroughly searched?! Is death more honourable than ??

Michael's mother said the police went in with guns drawn like cowboys, but they'd just heard a gunshot? This would be the most understandable time for police to draw their guns.
The police are used to a family member's hostility to a death or an arrest but an enquiry would be beneficial in how to prevent this happening again.
If your child/partner is showing distress & guns are kept on the property, it's a good idea to collect and lock them away. Michael knew the game was up when police said they'd dig up the property.
This man probably hadn't been emotionally well for quite a long time, only those closest would know, unfortunately, the police hadn't a clue. JMO

one would have thought that Marlis, being there, with the kids and Michael, he being very upset and baffled as to where his wife of 6 months is, as a duty of care , would have checked each firearm on the property, rounded up the ammo, and removed all that weaponry from the property. Forthwith..

Not sit round for 7 days, thinking up all the reasons why Michael should be happy that Tanja has run off, considering her expensive dummy run to the Bahama's...

She did seem rather proud Michael could bury a body and it'd never be found!

I can't believe Marlis thinks Tanja is still alive, so her son killed himself because he was required to go with police for further questioning, because the property will be thoroughly searched?! Is death more honourable than ??

I don't believe Marlis believes that , not for a nano second... Marlis is creating a narrative, that falls in with a certain few in Manna Hill... that Michael is a victim... has to be a victim, because the alternative is unbearable.

If Michael isn't a victim, he is a murderer. .......that's it.

So a story.. a myth, has to be created and bolstered, added to, replayed over and over, enough to wipe out the voice of the Coroner, and the Police enquiry..... business depends on this, the disposition of the property, ( god forbid it could fall into overseas management ) the Pastoral Lease, monies owed, other claimants, trusteeship, personal relations, ad nauseum.

Marlis has an agenda, , now. She probably had one while Tanja was missing, but things are different now..........the kids are the heirs..

So her story serves a purpose, in her current mental state.

From Germany... a few clips about the kind of country this whole crime took place in..

[video=youtube;9-gu8x8BUTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gu8x8BUTE[/video]

[video=youtube;X0iy7wNoBZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0iy7wNoBZ0[/video] ( one road, one railway line.)

It is becoming a lot easier to understand the situation poor Tanja was in, with a mother-in-law like Marlis interfering in her life and marriage. Marlis would be capable of interfering no matter where she was, she would be a controlling and domineering person, and absolutely heartless. I have no doubt Michael would have been unable to stand up to her, he would let Marlis control and dominate to her heart's content and therefore Tanja would also have to be dominated by her. Tanja would never have been able to make up her own mind, it would always have to be what-ever Marlis wanted. ("Tanja couldn't do the books" etc)
Now Marlis is in her own mess and has to create her own reality (fantasy world).
Everyone in her family in dead, except for the grandchildren. Thank heavens Marlis hasn't got custody of them.

Think I must be the only person who sees Marlis as being in a state of complete shock, taken advantage of perhaps in a terribly weak state by the media and we've seen heavily edited interviews. While there was no genuine feeling for her missing daughter in law it seems, there are many of us I imagine who simply don't get along with the mother in law. She was honest enough to lay her life bare, admit to another son's suicide and that it's possible her other now deceased son did kill his wife, she has to live a bereft life with that, as well.

What profound tragedy for all involved and two little boys who may always wonder what happened to their mother.

BBM

If Michael knew every stone on the property, then I would think that Marlis may too and could assist SAPOL.

May not be related but a body has been found.A 45 minute drive from Roseworthy.

[FONT=&quot]7 News Adelaide‏Verified account @7NewsAdelaide [video=twitter;908972152438669312]https://twitter.com/7NewsAdelaide/status/908972152438669312[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Police are investigating the discovery of a body at Kangaroo Creek Reservoir near Paracombe in the Adelaide Hills. @TimYeatman
[/FONT]

May not be related but a body has been found.A 45 minute drive from Roseworthy.

[FONT="][URL="https://twitter.com/7NewsAdelaide"]7 News Adelaide‏Verified account @7NewsAdelaide[/URL] [video=twitter;908972152438669312]https://twitter.com/7NewsAdelaide/status/908972152438669312[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Police are investigating the discovery of a body at Kangaroo Creek Reservoir near Paracombe in the Adelaide Hills. [URL="https://twitter.com/timyeatman"]@TimYeatman[/URL]
[/FONT]

Good pickup Morrisa. Totally possible as Paracombe is 30 minutes from Adelaide and then due north to Roseworthy.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/5b981ca24fc9d36cb5d01c03affb1e91

THE body of a man has been found near a reservoir embankment in the Adelaide Hills.

Emergency services were called to Kangaroo Creek Reservoir on Gorge Rd, near Paracombe, about 2.35pm on Saturday.
A passer-by walking his dog spotted the man’s body near the embankment and raised the alarm.
Police cordoned off the area as a potential crime scene and forensic officers combed the embankment.
The body was found about 50m from Gorge Rd, where officers had to navigate down a steep embankment.

'Closure' for family of the missing 44yr old man.

Wish it had been TE found.

Remembering the funny discussion around her holding a puppy on CCTV, it is a bag IMO. She is removing a slightly snagged bag strap out of her hair. Then we see a small bag at LH waist height when they near the last door. I wonder where this bag ended up? If it's strapped on when out it's usually in the footwell when a passenger. Strange if it had only contained 'a large amount of money' and not phone, id, passport..

Hardly a huge leap there, but small bag whereabouts a new mystery.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...n/news-story/9dab8144454af0ad4c292e3da5875373

The Advertiser can also reveal Major Crime detectives recently seized crucial CCTV footage from a shop at Riverton, which may have caught the family’s car travelling through the town.

The footage captures a vehicle similar to the family’s gold 2010 Toyota Landcruiser Sahara driving past the Riverton Deli at 7.36pm on August 8.

It is unclear how many people were in the vehicle.

Think I must be the only person who sees Marlis as being in a state of complete shock, taken advantage of perhaps in a terribly weak state by the media and we've seen heavily edited interviews. While there was no genuine feeling for her missing daughter in law it seems, there are many of us I imagine who simply don't get along with the mother in law. She was honest enough to lay her life bare, admit to another son's suicide and that it's possible her other now deceased son did kill his wife, she has to live a bereft life with that, as well.

What profound tragedy for all involved and two little boys who may always wonder what happened to their mother.

There was nothing for her to 'admit' about her other son's suicide. It is a matter of public record, and I don't see how she has considered it 'possible' that her other son murdered his wife. Anything but that.

It sure looks like a pup but not sure what type.

I'd be surprised if a poopy would be allowed into a museum.

I think she has a scarf loosely tied around her neck and she is adjusting it. It looks to be a brown and white, maybe checked pattern.

Can't imagine taking a puppy into a museum. Guide dogs only, I would have thought.

I think she has a scarf loosely tied around her neck and she is adjusting it. It looks to be a brown and white, maybe checked pattern.

Can't imagine taking a puppy into a museum. Guide dogs only, I would have thought.

alrighty ....I formally give up the idea of the pup, .... I have looked and re looked that clip over again, I no longer can see a wriggling puppy......

But it just goes to show.... one can be murdered at any time.. looking at that small vid clip from Museum security..... strolling along, him pushing the pram, her walking beside him, him talking to her, her responding... I mean.. , how many killers spend the afternoon at the SA Museum , for heavens sake!!...... how many take their victim for a stroll past the artifacts!... not bloody many ,I would claim....... it is incomprehensible that approx. 4 hours after that, she is stone cold dead,. her children are motherless, her husband is a murderer, she is alone out in the desert..... he is fleeing for home.. it defies all logic and reason and that is the inescapable tragedy .... 8 days after that , those kids are motherless and fatherless... it offends the collective conscious, as a Judge said... .. I think it may have been my fave, Justice Lasry who said it......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back