Australia Australia - Tegan Lane, 2 days old, Sydney, 14 Sept 1996 *K. Lane guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I came across something but sat on it for a while because it was just too obvious... I thought they probably know this, it's probably already been checked out by cops and Exposed have already received a million emails about it, but then thought well what if other people have done this over the years too and someone has a tidbit they think is insignificant. So emailed the info to Caro.

I'll be vague but it's not that hard for sleuths to uncover. There is a man with a *very* similar name to Tegan's alleged father and he is married to a woman of the name in question, who are friends with adopted out baby #1's biological father. The info got me thinking not so much if these people are *the couple* as much as is this where she got the idea of names from. It's likely nothing but I thought heck of a coincidence.
Wait. How do you know that?

Yes, true about the experts.

Yes, Keli could have told her counsel that she didn't want a mistrial. I think that is exactly what she said in the Exposed Program as to what she did. She had the opportunity but wanted this all over with. I think she was naïve. Look at her behaviour in the police interviews. How can a daughter of a cop be so naïve to think she doesn't need any assistance and can represent herself during those interviews? Surely she understands the serious of getting in trouble with the cops!!!
I think regardless of what she knew about the legal system she wouldn’t have risked hiring a lawyer because she wouldn’t have wanted anyone to find out. She may have had difficulty doing this without informing someone else she needed a lawyer. Does anyone know the process for getting a legal aid lawyer for questioning? I’m not sure if that’s always possible or if you are only assured representation in court.

I know. But surely the defence didn't drop a credible witness to avoid a guy who wasn't sure he'd ever met Keli. At most he was of prejudicial value, implying that Keli got around--with so many men that even the men themselves lost track of who they were! I mean, the defence would argue that he shouldn't be allowed as a witness, but if the judge decided otherwise, was it a big deal? I conclude that Natalie wasn't expected to be of much help, and could prove a liability.
My thinking was at the time of the trial he was going to testify he had sex with her, he is *that* Andrew and he doesn't have the baby and knew of any baby. Was after the fact he was saying he wasn't sure. I could be mistaken of course. For whatever reason they thought it would be more damaging to have him testify than use Natalie to back up the Andrew M/Norris exists story. I mean she was there only real witness too.
Do you have a link the the inquest transcript? I couldn’t find it.
You have to order inquest transcripts through the Coroner's Court.

Wait. How do you know that?
I did a little investigating of my own. It wasn't too hard to piece together who is who. Give it a go.

The coroner ordered the birth certificate be registered with Keli as the mother and the name of the baby as Tegan Lee Lane with her birthdate and place of birth. It is irrelevant who took her to the birth registration.

Don't know. Just going of what I read.
I guess there was no doubt Tegan had been born - when, where and how - all known.
The mothers name, age, address, occupation all known. Tegan had been recorded on Medicare records by her mother. She was still carrying the card in her wallet.
Father - Well I guess imo, it is who ever the mother says it is. Unless dna proves otherwise.

Nice Girl: The story of Keli Lane and her missing baby Tegan

https://books.google.com.au/books?isbn=0731814975

Rachael Jane Chin - 2011 - ‎True Crime
The story of Keli Lane and her missing baby Tegan Rachael Jane Chin ... There wasn't even a birth certificate for Tegan until Abernethy ordered one for her in 2005...
Sorry, going back to my question.

I must have missed that detail, or didn't get it in the first place.

So to clarify - Tegan Lane did get a birth certificate finally in 2005, even though she was missing?

And the real Tegan Lane, if she exists, it's her birth certificate that was in question.

Incorrect. Patrick Coggan is her current long term partner AFTER her split from husband Peter.
Weird as here it says
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
THE husband of convicted murderer Keli Lane says his wife believes the baby she is accused of killing is living with another family and will one day seek her out.
In his first public statement Patrick Cogan said Lane is confident Tegan is alive but has more than one theory about where the little girl is.

Mr Cogan said Lane saw a TV report about an Indian boy trying to find his family and said: "That is going to be me".

I think regardless of what she knew about the legal system she wouldn’t have risked hiring a lawyer because she wouldn’t have wanted anyone to find out. She may have had difficulty doing this without informing someone else she needed a lawyer. Does anyone know the process for getting a legal aid lawyer for questioning? I’m not sure if that’s always possible or if you are only assured representation in court.

A lawyer is under a professional duty to the client to keep the matter confidential. The lawyer can tell no one.

The police could have recommended someone. There is always the yellow pages. She was working, she had an income. I think she would have been unlikely to get Legal Aid for an interview. She hadn't been charged at that stage.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
THE husband of convicted murderer Keli Lane says his wife believes the baby she is accused of killing is living with another family and will one day seek her out.
In his first public statement Patrick Cogan said Lane is confident Tegan is alive but has more than one theory about where the little girl is.

Mr Cogan said Lane saw a TV report about an Indian boy trying to find his family and said: "That is going to be me".

Nope, incorrect reporting. Long term partner, not husband. There is a suppression order in place. The media cannot identify the husband by name. This would be a serious breach if Patrick was truly her husband.

Interested to know what her theories are though?

Sorry, going back to my question.

I must have missed that detail, or didn't get it in the first place.

So to clarify - Tegan Lane did get a birth certificate finally in 2005, even though she was missing?

And the real Tegan Lane, if she exists, it's her birth certificate that was in question.

Yes. Tegan Lane finally got a birth certificate in 2005. I assume she also has a death certificate to reflect the coroner's findings too as horrid as that is.

Yes, the certificate details for the real Tegan Lane cannot be found. My guess is that the paperwork was never lodged.

My thinking was at the time of the trial he was going to testify he had sex with her, he is *that* Andrew and he doesn't have the baby and knew of any baby. Was after the fact he was saying he wasn't sure. I could be mistaken of course. For whatever reason they thought it would be more damaging to have him testify than use Natalie to back up the Andrew M/Norris exists story. I mean she was there only real witness too.
I thought the same thing about that Andrew Morris being see as too damaging to the defence. Because at the time of the trial he was going to testify that he did have sex with KL.

You have to order inquest transcripts through the Coroner's Court.
Thanks for that.

I did a little investigating of my own. It wasn't too hard to piece together who is who. Give it a go.
Hmm. Did do one search that came up with some people in WA. I just don’t understand how you knew he was friends with the father of the first child cause the name is suppressed. Is it in the coronial transcript?

A lawyer is under a professional duty to the client to keep the matter confidential. The lawyer can tell no one.

The police could have recommended someone. There is always the yellow pages. She was working, she had an income. I think she would have been unlikely to get Legal Aid for an interview. She hadn't been charged at that stage.
Maybe she couldn’t afford it on her own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back