Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, not to mention if he got more and more paranoid and felt no other choice.
One has to wonder if those dolls , all terribly tidily packed away, in rows, stacked on one another, in that room, were dolls that annoyed him, and that is a doll graveyard.. a doll crematorium out the back, perhaps..

I find it very very telling that he has no close links with his family or has any friends or anyone in the community. Given how close and small the indigenous community is and how much they value family and kin it sounds like he’s not interested in having anything to do with anyone.

Not really sure why people are making the assumption he had a bad upbringing or was abandoned by his parents. Maybe he moved to Carnarvon for school/work prospects.

The fact that he lived with his grandma shows he wasn’t “abandoned”.

He holds down a job, drives, owns a car, buys and sells on the Internet. Clearly he’s not an idiot.

Agreed. I get the impression that he has battled with accepting his heritage and identity, like he saw himself as someone else entirely. His FB photos allude to this as they are just not a realistic portrayal of him.

I can’t help but notice the similarities between his behaviour and MJ. The biggest difference is that MJ had the money to take it to the extreme.
They both altered their looks, one physically the other digitally.
This guy has a room full of toys.
MJ had acres full of toys.
If MC’s accounts of his time with MJ are anything to go by then maybe I can hold hope that CS was not abused in the sense that we might expect.

I’m wondering if MJ was ever diagnosed with a personality disorder, because it looks like this guy might fit that mould too.
Granted, MJ didn’t have to abduct anyone because the parents permitted their kids to be in his presence. This guy did not have that luxury.

Might be a stretch of the imagination, time will tell.

I find it very very telling that he has no close links with his family or has any friends or anyone in the community. Given how close and small the indigenous community is and how much they value family and kin it sounds like he’s not interested in having anything to do with anyone.

Not really sure why people are making the assumption he had a bad upbringing or was abandoned by his parents. Maybe he moved to Carnarvon for school/work prospects.

The fact that he lived with his grandma shows he wasn’t “abandoned”.

He holds down a job, drives, owns a car, buys and sells on the Internet. Clearly he’s not an idiot.

There’s a big difference between having some type of mental or personality disorder, and knowing right from wrong.
Someone who doesn’t understand right from wrong would have been more likely to not attempt the abduction under the cover of darkness, stealthily sneaking into the tent IMO shows a knowledge that he should not have been there, the presence of mind to be quiet. Many people can hold down a job, drive etc and still have some sort of mental illness or cognitive issue. I’m not saying he’s insane, let’s get that clear.

Im trying to think of an alternative motivation for this, probably because I desperately don’t want there to have been a sexual motive. I’m not saying there wasn’t one, as I said ‘IF the motive wasn’t sexual then it could possibly be.. x y z’

Being brought up by his grandmother could suggest some childhood trauma issue, when you think of the reasons someone might be raised by a grandparent instead of a parent the reasons seem to only involve something that would have affected the child at some point, death, neglect, abandonment, abuse etc.. however that is never an excuse for committing crimes against children, plenty of people experience childhood trauma and manage to go through life without a single brush with the law.

As you mentioned it is very telling that he has no links with his family or any friends in the neighbourhood. Not everyone who isolates themselves has a mental illness, but it is a suggestion that he might have some type of avoidant personality, attachment disorder, or even paranoia that makes him not trust anyone. There are lots of possibilities here, as we don’t have much information to really build up an idea of who he is, but we can try.
JMO MOO

There’s a big difference between having some type of mental or personality disorder, and knowing right from wrong.
Someone who doesn’t understand right from wrong would have been more likely to not attempt the abduction under the cover of darkness, stealthily sneaking into the tent IMO shows a knowledge that he should not have been there, the presence of mind to be quiet. Many people can hold down a job, drive etc and still have some sort of mental illness or cognitive issue. I’m not saying he’s insane, let’s get that clear.

Im trying to think of an alternative motivation for this, probably because I desperately don’t want there to have been a sexual motive. I’m not saying there wasn’t one, as I said ‘IF the motive wasn’t sexual then it could possibly be.. x y z’

Being brought up by his grandmother could suggest some childhood trauma issue, when you think of the reasons someone might be raised by a grandparent instead of a parent the reasons seem to only involve something that would have affected the child at some point, death, neglect, abandonment, abuse etc.. however that is never an excuse for committing crimes against children, plenty of people experience childhood trauma and manage to go through life without a single brush with the law.

As you mentioned it is very telling that he has no links with his family or any friends in the neighbourhood. Not everyone who isolates themselves has a mental illness, but it is a suggestion that he might have some type of avoidant personality, attachment disorder, or even paranoia that makes him not trust anyone. There are lots of possibilities here, as we don’t have much information to really build up an idea of who he is, but we can try.

People with no connections to the community are far more likely to commit crime in those communities too.

Well said it's really common in Indigenous communities for Grandmothers or Aunts to help bring up/take in kids whose parents are unable to properly give care to or provide a safe home to a child. The guy has probably had a rough upbringing as most young Indigenous men do, but they don't all go out and kidnap toddlers.

Agreed. I get the impression that he has battled with accepting his heritage and identity, like he saw himself as someone else entirely. His FB photos allude to this as they are just not a realistic portrayal of him.

I can’t help but notice the similarities between his behaviour and MJ. The biggest difference is that MJ had the money to take it to the extreme.
They both altered their looks, one physically the other digitally.
This guy has a room full of toys.
MJ had acres full of toys.
If MC’s accounts of his time with MJ are anything to go by then maybe I can hold hope that CS was not abused in the sense that we might expect.

I’m wondering if MJ was ever diagnosed with a personality disorder, because it looks like this guy might fit that mould too.
Granted, MJ didn’t have to abduct anyone because the parents permitted their kids to be in his presence. This guy did not have that luxury.

Might be a stretch of the imagination, time will tell.

I've lost track of this thread, but did you see on TK's FB where he said he's "half Italian, half black?"

I see the similarities between MJ and TK too.

if you are a tenant you can negotiate to buy Public Housing. You can buy public housing if the Housing dept puts one up for sale, without being a tenant.

I don't know if his gran left it to him, I put it forward as a theory, considering he is living in a 2 bedroom as a single male, not the usual way of Housing dealing out units to people. I am presuming gran owned it, ( bought it ) and left it to him, since she bought him up.

And she bought up another brother, too, so maybe they shared the inheritance, but all that is merely theory on my part, it is the explanation that fits the circumstance, but there could be other factors, too.

A neighbour had said in a news article he had only lived in that house for maybe 6-12mths

JMO MOO

I’m not in a position to speculate to whether he has a mental illness or not but generally speaking having a mental illness isn’t enough to withdraw and cut yourself off from your family/community. Most people have a mental illness these days.

I've lost track of this thread, but did you see on TK's FB where he said he's "half Italian, half black?"

I see the similarities between MJ and TK too.
I see more in common with Marc Dutroux .. the Belgian. For all anyone knows , it could be only a matter of time, before TK went too far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's mentally unstable and will need a psychiatric evaluation before he goes to trial. While his obsession with dolls is certainly unusual, it doesn't necessarily mean he intended to harm her. He couldn't keep her in the house indefinitely and would never be able to take her outside without her being recognised. I'm interested to know how long he could keep her there and why he took her in the first place.

I heard on Ch.7 news this morning that he followed her mother on FB.

I've been wondering all along if he saw the public fb of the victim's mom and the dangers of online posting. Was he an actual follower as some do or just followed the FB?

Looking at him and looking at the supposed rooms of his dolls I am actually wondering if they are not rooms in his house. Look at the space, neat and tidy, not dirty, organised. Look at the outside of his house - messy, overgrown. Look at him, in the recent pics of him does he actually look like someone who would dust, put a nice little lamp in the corner shelf? There are some things that definitely do not add up. How old are those pictures, he clearly has put on a fair amount of weight.

<modsnip>

It’s interesting that 2021 is the 20th anniversary of the launch of Bratz dolls.
I remember my nieces in Ireland had some, but I always found them distasteful for preschoolers and tweens. They may have a cult fan base but I don’t think they were wildly popular amongst parents.

The suspect would have been a teenage boy when these dolls first launched. He may have seen young girls in his community and extended family playing with them. All just my own speculation.

Parents push back against controversial doll: 'Too sexualized for a kids’ toy'

Looking at him and looking at the supposed rooms of his dolls I am actually wondering if they are not rooms in his house. Look at the space, neat and tidy, not dirty, organised. Look at the outside of his house - messy, overgrown. Look at him, in the recent pics of him does he actually look like someone who would dust, put a nice little lamp in the corner shelf? There are some things that definitely do not add up. How old are those pictures, he clearly has put on a fair amount of weight.

<modsnip>

I hear ya. We need to keep in mind that just because the police didn’t comment on the inside of the house it does not mean that they saw a room full of dolls. I’m kinda hoping it was that room though, for CS’s sake.

Good Morning from the US - The thread is now OPEN

Please review and acknowledge the rules for this thread before proceeding:

Please note: Under sub-judice, the following is not allowed:
  • Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
  • Any suggestions or direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "the accused", the "alleged killer" or "the defendant")
  • A defendant’s previous history of any offenses
  • Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges/lawyers, any officer of the Court)
  • Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence.
  • Any non compliance with an Order of the court

DO NOT include the victim's name in any post - initials only (this includes MSM excerpts and links).

Thanks,
Tiff

The family has released a statement, via the WA Police ....

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those involved in the rescue of our daughter CS.

In particular, we would like to thank WA police, all those involved in the initial search, the Carnarvon community, local businesses and of course our family and friends.

We are humbled by the love and support that we have received from not only our local community but the whole of Western Australia and across the country.

We are so thankful that our little girl is back within our arms and our family is whole again.

As we try to get on with our lives, we ask that you respect our privacy.

Australia to pass 80% vaccination target today, PM says; WA reopening roadmap revealed – as it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb