Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot (all?) of young children's testimony in criminal matters these days is played to the court on pre-recorded video.
They don't subject the young children to the courtroom.
The cross examination of the child's testimony is done prior to trial also, and that video is played to the court.

This is Qld's ruling ... but I think most/all states might be the same.

The examination-in-chief of a child witness is conducted by police officers, usually at the police station. The conversation is recorded as a video so that the child can be seen, and the evidence heard clearly. This is called a Section 93A statement. This recorded statement is then played in court as the evidence in chief, rather than the prosecution eliciting that evidence on the day of trial.

The evidence-in-chief of a child witness is much more relaxed, so as to limit the trauma suffered by the child. The Section 93A statement recording will likely include discussions that are not relevant to the criminal proceedings but are to get the child comfortable talking to the interviewer. This is not the same for adult witnesses, and such questioning would otherwise be objected to for lack of relevance.

Cross-examination is also done prior to the trial and is usually conducted by closed-circuit television. This child is hidden away from the courtroom in a separate room. The Judge, prosecution, defence lawyers and the accused sit in the courtroom, with the child appearing on the court’s television. The camera is set up so that the child witness cannot see the accused.

During any of the video recordings, the child witness can take as many breaks as he or she requires. This is again to minimise any discomfort felt by the child.

Child Witnesses in Criminal Matters (Qld) - Go To Court

Helpful article, so thanks. I think we all have concerns and fears of the aftermath, and hope hope hope for the best.

I was sexually abused (by a stranger) when I was 13. And I remember more than I would want to...

I feel she is much safer at 4 for having lasting memories of future court proceedings, though certainly not as confident about the actual memories of her 18 days in captivity.
I feel pretty strongly about this about the court proceedings... I know she will be protected.

I was older, so I remember more of the trauma. I was interviewed so many times (male police and male doctors), after the attack, and before the court hearings. Obviously there were no videos then. But I had to sit outside the court proceedings, because I had to be "on call" to be on the witness stand. As it turned out, he was committed to an insane asylum, but some of his family members threatened harm, so I was sent away for a while. I had true medical/physical reactions, but I didn't know how to deal, and never had the counseling help that is available today.

I guess I can say "thank god it's not the 60s anymore".

I worry more about the family's future.... and somehow feel they would be better off to leave that town.....
Sortof escapist, I know..... but just feels better to me.

If the photo is from his house, there are dolls other than bratz including Disney princesses. The media seemed to have really picked up on the Bratz (probably as others have said because they are a more sexualised doll) but if that’s his collection he was in to other brands too
ok. I still don't know, no one knows what dolls the little girl had as her collection, or if she was into any such of a thing at all. ..

A question to 'doll collectors..'.. in your normal .. um. .. intersecting with your collection.,. do you just look at them, in their boxes? do you take them out of the boxes and .. ah.. manipulate them into sitting up, or lying down, or standing up against something? do you swap their clothing?/ do you have a sort of wardrobe for each doll? do you name them? are they colour coded? coded by genre? coded by manufacturer?? .

I’m not buying that this room with all the dolls is actually TK’s. Yes the Daily Mail claims it is but the photos and video were simply copied from his FB page. That room with its numerous display stands, what appears to be vinyl flooring and crown moulding does not gel with TK’s house.

IMO The photos and videos were taken by TK at another collector’s place. Possibly when he visited to make a purchase or view the collection. I’ll be surprised if someone doesn’t pipe up on one of the Bratz groups he’s following to say “Oi that’s my joint!”

So yes he’s clearly into his dolls but may not have owned all these. This may not be the room CS was held in. All just MOO

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10164271/*advertiser censored* Accused-Terry-Kellys-alleged-Bratz-doll-obsession.html?

Your arguments truly make a lot of sense..... I hope SOMEONE--doll collectors, LE, neighbors or Somebody will pipe in to nullify or verify.

TF wrongfully identified by a Seven West media platform as the suspect in the abduction of CS has said he will be suing the company.

Not long after she was found he said, “I had called my partner and said ... they had found that girl. I was happy for her. Then my sister rang me and told me they had my photo up for the person who took the girl. We saw it up on Channel 7 and Sunrise. I got upset and went to the police station. I had a panic attack in the police station and ... they moved me to the hospital.” A police spokesman confirmed he had reported threats had been made against him due to the false accusations.

He has engaged the same firm of criminal and civil solicitors who worked with the Yirrkala Aboriginal Community who successfully sued Sunrise in 2019. The court approved a settlement for an undisclosed amount of compensation and Channel 7 was ordered to pay their legal costs and also agreed to give a public apology. According to these defamation lawyers, he could sue for more than $400,000.

What a shocking thing to do to someone. He deserves a huge payout. It seems like Channel 7 need to hire people who actually do fact checking before going to air. Sloppy work like that just shouldn't be tolerated. I feel so sorry for him.

Falsely accused set to sue Seven West Media over false accusation

If the photo is from his house, there are dolls other than bratz including Disney princesses. The media seemed to have really picked up on the Bratz (probably as others have said because they are a more sexualised doll) but if that’s his collection he was in to other brands too

No it’s because his FB profiles all reference Bratz.

I’m not buying that this room with all the dolls is actually TK’s. Yes the Daily Mail claims it is but the photos and video were simply copied from his FB page. That room with its numerous display stands, what appears to be vinyl flooring and crown moulding does not gel with TK’s house.

IMO The photos and videos were taken by TK at another collector’s place. Possibly when he visited to make a purchase or view the collection. I’ll be surprised if someone doesn’t pipe up on one of the Bratz groups he’s following to say “Oi that’s my joint!”

So yes he’s clearly into his dolls but may not have owned all these. This may not be the room CS was held in. All just MOO

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10164271/*advertiser censored* Accused-Terry-Kellys-alleged-Bratz-doll-obsession.html?

What do you mean by crown molding isn't his house? nearly every Homewest property has that? State housing differs across the country.... Do you honestly think someone else in Carnarvon has a bratz collection that would let him lay on a Childs bed and let him take selfies? His neighbor said he seen him with at least 8 dolls in his car. Its his collection!

If she was into dolls and princesses, with living in the same town he may have seen her in the toyshop admiring/buying them too. That could be where/how he first noticed her?

Neighbours reported that he used to hang around Woolworths in the Central Mall. My hunch is that that is where he could have seen CS and also followed her family on IG/FB. Not sure which one would have come first.

After thinking about his angry outburst, I've thought of another theory behind the kidnapping.

The accused followed young families, he liked fb pages to do with missing children, he spent 11 years creating a fictional online family, he had warnings about predators and created a daddy persona who is protective of his children.

Maybe, the accused's motive behind stealing the child was due to pathological envy.

He wanted a loving family to suffer the loss of a child without knowing what or how or why, as is the case with WT.

He had no intention of harming the child but enjoyed the frenzied, media coverage, hurting her parents and sending the police on a wild goose chase.
His relatives said his mood was happier, he said 'hello' and interacted with them again.

He may have wanted to play the hero by handing her back, and claiming he found her somewhere far from his home.
He could never get away with it, forensics and the child's testimony and neighbour witnesses would've unraveled his story quicker than he could say I Love my Bratz Girls, but I'm guessing he didn't think it through beyond his selfish desires.

It's OTT but I'm trying to think outside the box as that saying goes, to enter the mind of an agro, obsessive and highly imaginative individual's world. It's scary and like watching a horror movie. Jmo

I definitely agree with you. As I have said in a previous post the room is just too clean and tidy. There isn't even dust on the ceiling fan! The cleanliness of the room just does not match with anything else about this guy or the outside of his house.
I spoke with someone at work yesterday who has family that live in Carnarvon, they have said that is just a seedy part of town, very run down , they also agree that room just doesn't add up!

TK was known to buy Disney Princess and Bratz dolls from the local Toyworld store long before he was arrested - even though he doesn't have any kids - but locals assumed they were gifts for extended family.

In various social media profiles, he shares images of himself in a Bratz doll T-shirt along with other photos of an entire room full of dolls stacked from floor to ceiling.

More recent purchases, while CS was still missing, seem to have attracted the attention of police with the local toy shop asked to hand over CCTV footage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10167517/where TK bought dolls.html

What do you mean by crown molding isn't his house? nearly every Homewest property has that? State housing differs across the country.... Do you honestly think someone else in Carnarvon has a bratz collection that would let him lay on a Childs bed and let him take selfies? His neighbor said he seen him with at least 8 dolls in his car. Its his collection!

I think molding/cornice had been taken out of context. Like i said yesterday, I live in a government own house, my house is no different to that of a private owned home, I have cornice in every room, some vinyl flooring, some carpet, I work, I don't pay cheap rent, I may the same amount of rent, if I was to move and rent a private rented house. I worked for a cleaning Company for over 2yrs who had the contract with Government housing and we would do the end of lease clean, before new tenants moved in and all those properties had cornice.

When I was younger I lived on the road a lot with my parent's as my dad was a builder, the company he worked for had the contract to build new houses in small rural towns in NSW, mainly for Indigenous housing. They all had cornices and all Vinyl flooring throughout the house. I also lived in QLD for 10yrs and had many friend's that lived in Government housing and they to all had cornice and Vinyl flooring throughout their house.

‘TRULY TERRIFYING’: Family-of-seven camping just 100m from ‘abducted’ CS tells of events

I can't stop thinking about a travelling family who were at the blowholes that night, i haven't looked up anything about them but it states they are documenting their trip around Australia, with the accused facebook interests in travelling familys i wonder if that could of drawed him to the location, i really hope this is all a wake up call that people hav private social media and only befriend real life people who they hav met or a trustworthy friend has met

Its been mentioned police think he was there to do theft but i wonder if because a travelling family are there it may hav been an appealing location, dose anyone know anymore information about the travelling family like if their documenting travles was public? hopefully its looked into his many profiles to see if the travelling family was being follow online by the accused

Last edited by a moderator:
After thinking about his angry outburst, I've thought of another theory behind the kidnapping.

The accused followed young families, he liked fb pages to do with missing children, he spent 11 years creating a fictional online family, he had warnings about predators and created a daddy persona who is protective of his children.

Maybe, the accused's motive behind stealing the child was due to pathological envy.

He wanted a loving family to suffer the loss of a child without knowing what or how or why, as is the case with WT.

He had no intention of harming the child but enjoyed the frenzied, media coverage, hurting her parents and sending the police on a wild goose chase.
His relatives said his mood was happier, he said 'hello' and interacted with them again.

He may have wanted to play the hero by handing her back, and claiming he found her somewhere far from his home.
He could never get away with it, forensics and the child's testimony and neighbour witnesses would've unraveled his story quicker than he could say I Love my Bratz Girls, but I'm guessing he didn't think it through beyond his selfish desires.

It's OTT but I'm trying to think outside the box as that saying goes, to enter the mind of an agro, obsessive and highly imaginative individual's world. It's scary and like watching a horror movie. Jmo
The world is dangerous but he's the superhero daddy rescuer. The change of mood might be a manic-type episode rather than being 'happier'.

TK was known to buy Disney Princess and Bratz dolls from the local Toyworld store long before he was arrested - even though he doesn't have any kids - but locals assumed they were gifts for extended family.

In various social media profiles, he shares images of himself in a Bratz doll T-shirt along with other photos of an entire room full of dolls stacked from floor to ceiling.

More recent purchases, while CS was still missing, seem to have attracted the attention of police with the local toy shop asked to hand over CCTV footage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10167517/where TK bought dolls.html

In those photos of the room, there are many different doll brands, from Bratz, Barbie, Frozen, Barbie, Disney, Lalaloopsy and even some Hot Wheels.

Was that room where CS was found, I can't say that for 100% fact. But we have seen pics of a blocked out window, a black bed, TK laying on a black bed with a Bratz Quilt Cover. So IMO at some stage TK did have a room set up like the one's we have seen. I have attached some pics

In the one where it says door, if you zoom in it is actually a window, as you can see a plastic curtain rod holder on the right.

We've seen a black bed in the backyard under the verandah.

IMO maybe TK's doll collection started with Bratz and has just followed on and grew when a new Brand becomes popular.

I've looked at many of his alleged fake account's and the collection of doll brands varies, it's not just doll's he posted, he has posts of children's bikini's, of children wearing bikini's and the list goes on. If you keep digging all the account's link to each other, each time you click on the likes it just leads to a whole new family he had created and they all lead back to that Bratz account. It's very very disturbing.

IMO I feel at some stage he has crossed paths with CS maybe dressed as a Frozen character and became so fixated that he just couldn't resist. We've seen in pics that CS likes Frozen, Mark broke her princess shoes and when the media captured her leaving the family home she was wearing little princess shoes.

IMO I don't believe he was at that campsite for petty theft, I feel he had this very much planned, watched and waited until he had the golden opportunity to snatched CS from a tent while everyone was sleeping.

I just hope he is never allowed to be amongst a community again and that justice is used to the highest level for this to happen.

Attachments

• Windows_at_the_rundown_property_were_blacked_out_as_items_were_s-a-2_1636017492922.jpg
    Windows_at_the_rundown_property_were_blacked_out_as_items_were_s-a-2_1636017492922.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 50041795-10163711-image-a-145_1636006000976.jpg
    50041795-10163711-image-a-145_1636006000976.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-20211104-170518.jpg
    IMG-20211104-170518.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 115
I don’t know about Criminal Minds, this case is more like the film Split. For all we know he dressed as each of the family members when he was doing ‘their’ FB posts and during that moment really believed that’s who he was.

Or he attributed each personality to a specific doll in his collection. Something my teenage son suggested after seeing the news around the dolls on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member