Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, 31 May 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just want to ad an observation I have made on the footage of Theo turning the corner into Kingsley st from Jonson st, the last known footage of Theo.

I’d love to know others opinions, but my thoughts are,

1- how could he purposely take the Kingsley st way if he wasn’t looking at google maps

3: did he know where he was going? And was this a purposeful journey from the start?

it is pics 12/13/14 that he stakes his phone out

I think he did purposely take Kingsley (as in, it wasn’t a mistake, and he certainly wasn’t lost) and I think he knew where he was going.

Why?

IMO
1) he arrived in Byron bay at 2.30 pm on the 29th. Which means he had already spent 1 afternoon, 2 full days and 2 nights in Byron bay before he disappeared.
iMO, this means he already knew the layout of the place and didn’t really need google maps to know which way to go.

(Why was he then constantly using GM, maybe just to see how far he was from the hostel, and the time,he would need to get back to it?)

(More importantly, Why didn’t the family give any info on what he did or googled, researched, on the 30th, surely his google info is also available for 29 and 30 of May. I read somewhere they said they didn’t know what he had done on the 30th, but given all the data they have retrieved from his google account, IMO this is not credible at all)

2) he was known to research a place before visiting, so he had probably read about the top 10 things to do in Byron and knew for sure about the lighthouse and Tallow Beach.

3) I have been to many city trips to much more complex cities like London, NY, Paris, Tokyo, whatever, out of experience I am convinced that you know the general layout of a place after 2.5 days and 2 nights. (What did Theo do during his time in Byron? Sit in his room all that time?)

4) Second item that I take from my own experience, if you will be only in a place for 3.5 days, you need to make the most of it, and you plan what you want to do. And you research your priorities. Again, this would imply he know the general layout of Byron bay. It’s not very big or complex.

So, not lost IMO. And probably purposely walking to Tallow Beach. Why? No clue. How can we if we have no access to any of the things he did in Byron before he disappeared?

however, there where the WhatsApp messages with an unknown person that theo’s father mentioned which were never explained. (That I know off ).

I think he did purposely take Kingsley (as in, it wasn’t a mistake, and he certainly wasn’t lost) and I think he knew where he was going.

Why?

IMO
1) he arrived in Byron bay at 2.30 pm on the 29th. Which means he had already spent 1 afternoon, 2 full days and 2 nights in Byron bay before he disappeared.
iMO, this means he already knew the layout of the place and didn’t really need google maps to know which way to go.

(Why was he then constantly using GM, maybe just to see how far he was from the hostel, and the time,he would need to get back to it?)

(More importantly, Why didn’t the family give any info on what he did or googled, researched, on the 30th, surely his google info is also available for 29 and 30 of May. I read somewhere they said they didn’t know what he had done on the 30th, but given all the data they have retrieved from his google account, IMO this is not credible at all)

2) he was known to research a place before visiting, so he had probably read about the top 10 things to do in Byron and knew for sure about the lighthouse and Tallow Beach.

3) I have been to many city trips to much more complex cities like London, NY, Paris, Tokyo, whatever, out of experience I am convinced that you know the general layout of a place after 2.5 days and 2 nights. (What did Theo do during his time in Byron? Sit in his room all that time?)

4) Second item that I take from my own experience, if you will be only in a place for 3.5 days, you need to make the most of it, and you plan what you want to do. And you research your priorities. Again, this would imply he know the general layout of Byron bay. It’s not very big or complex.

So, not lost IMO. And probably purposely walking to Tallow Beach. Why? No clue. How can we if we have no access to any of the things he did in Byron before he disappeared?

however, there where the WhatsApp messages with an unknown person that theo’s father mentioned which were never explained. (That I know off ).
2) This point is very interesting as what was his reason behind visiting the recreation ground and the strange route he allegedly took (if his phone wasn't stolen) into dense bushland.
I have even looked at the old railway line track walks and nothing seems to suggest the strange routes he took.

Why?

IMO

great points! I’m grabbing what you’re throwing!

I think the time he gets to Byron bay to entering cheeky monkeys could well be very critical. I am like you, when I travel I want to take it all in. I’m study maps, I go and explore new places etc.

I do not for one minute believe Theo stayed in his room all day, and didn’t meet anyone besides Antoine and a few others from cheekys!

2) This point is very interesting as what was his reason behind visiting the recreation ground and the strange route he allegedly took (if his phone wasn't stolen) into dense bushland.
I have even looked at the old railway line track walks and nothing seems to suggest the strange routes he took.
Checking online reviews several people have quoted that the recreation ground has 'great views'. Are there any locals on here who would know if it is lit up at night or pitch black. The 7 min stop there may be a crucial point in the investigation if GPS is correct.

Checking online reviews several people have quoted that the recreation ground has 'great views'. Are there any locals on here who would know if it is lit up at night or pitch black. The 7 min stop there may be a crucial point in the investigation if GPS is correct.
I think it’s a given the time spent there is crucial.
Have they said what it has great views of? It’s a fair way back from the beach and behind bushland.
There are lights on the grounds but they are not just left on. They are turned in and off for sporting games/practice.

When I was there a few years ago at night it wasn’t that inviting. It was also very very dark at the time with not much lighting. I was there pretty late on, but I didn’t get out of the car cos it was dark and a little intimidating. Even though there were a few houses there, it just felt very isolated if that makes sense. As in, if you were on your own, and you got into trouble, I doubt there would be much help that would come to your assistance. And I got the feeling you could almost do what you want there without alerting too many people.

I wasn’t there an insane amount of time but enough to not see anyone walking through on a regular basis. So I got the impression it wasn’t a busy thoroughfare at night?

but at night there were literally no great views at all tbh

However I am a visitor to Byron, not a local.

Was almost as uninviting as the Milne track at night! I went to Milne street after Tennyson and just sat there! It was dark! I’d been there earlier in the day and walked the the Milne track/fire trail and that had great views during the day (I mean sitting from the car in Milne street looking over he track to tallows beach)

But again, at night, it’s just a whole lot of darkness with a lighthouse on top of a hill.

was very very dark.

Last edited:
Imagine that, at midnight, with little or no moon?

Especially if you hadn’t been there before?

Attachments

• BC24E86A-4210-4947-908A-8AD8700DF387.jpeg
    BC24E86A-4210-4947-908A-8AD8700DF387.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 41
I just found a strange coincidence between Theo Hayez and Thea Liddle's disappearance :

November 4, 2019, CCTV captures Ms Liddle buying a carton of milk inside the Caltex service station on Butler Street in Byron Bay. She looks jovial and carefree. It is the last sighting of Thea alive.
Google Maps

Byron Bay Police Station at number 2 Shirley Street is directly across from this Caltex gas station.
https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.6420587,153.6106165,3a,75y,255.35h,80.07t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s-aj8UVylt-ab7zRB_UYQiw!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=-aj8UVylt-ab7zRB_UYQiw&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=21.076387&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=fr-FR

Here is what Theo's cousin, Michael Dorkhom said in "The Lighthouse", a podcast produced by journalist David Murray and posted on the daily's website, The Australian. “This guy who works at the Caltex gas station across from the police station sent me a message saying he had checked his gas station cameras and saw someone walking by in the street. corresponds to the chronology of events and it looks like Theo's approach, "he said.

If we assume that this is the silhouette of Theo in the CCTV footage [URL="https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/australia-theo-hayez-18-belgian-backpacker-byron-bay-31-may-2019-4.492250/page-19#post-17068131"]Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, 31 May 2019 #4[/URL], it's odd that the trail of these two disappeared in the exact same spot in Byron Bay.

I just found a strange coincidence between Theo Hayez and Thea Liddle's disappearance :

November 4, 2019, CCTV captures Ms Liddle buying a carton of milk inside the Caltex service station on Butler Street in Byron Bay. She looks jovial and carefree. It is the last sighting of Thea alive.
Google Maps

Byron Bay Police Station at number 2 Shirley Street is directly across from this Caltex gas station.
Google Maps

Here is what Theo's cousin, Michael Dorkhom said in "The Lighthouse", a podcast produced by journalist David Murray and posted on the daily's website, The Australian. “This guy who works at the Caltex gas station across from the police station sent me a message saying he had checked his gas station cameras and saw someone walking by in the street. corresponds to the chronology of events and it looks like Theo's approach, "he said.

If we assume that this is the silhouette of Theo in the CCTV footage, it's odd that the trail of these two disappeared in the exact same spot in Byron Bay.

The 1st episode of The Lighthouse aired on October 31, 2019. It is on this day that Michaël reveals his information. 4 days later, Théa Liddle disappears after going to the Caltex gas station which Michaël speaks about in the Podcast.

The 1st episode of The Lighthouse aired on October 31, 2019. It is on this day that Michaël reveals his information. 4 days later, Théa Liddle disappears after going to the Caltex gas station which Michaël speaks about in the Podcast.
That’s one great observation! I’ve often wondered if the podcast perhaps set somebody off? Cos it seems like a huge coincidence, which it could be, but geez

here’s a story from 1 nov 2019 with the aloha footage. Just to note, the footage is 11:17pm, and according to the Under Investigation special with Liz Hayes, gps has Theos phone going around that weird trip to the concrete slab at that time.
The CCTV that convinced Belgian tourist Theo Hayez's family he did return to his Byron Bay hostel | Daily Mail Online

Google Maps

Google Maps

If we assume that this is the silhouette of Theo in the CCTV footage, it's odd that the trail of these two disappeared in the exact same spot in Byron Bay.
I thought the same thing when I read up on Thea’s case. Very strange that this Caltex service station is mentioned in both cases.
They found the bottle of milk and the receipt from the Caltex near where they found Thea.
Very very peculiar

Yes both cases desappearing from the same point and the Caltex guy saw s.o. looking like Théo on his CCTV.

And in both case the Police station is on the opposite side of the road, but they didn't see anything. Do they have no CCTV at the Police station ?

If Théa returned to Byron Bay that day and to this place, it is not by chance.
She died just after going to buy her milk. This means that one person saw her as an embarrassing witness and followed her to her camp. Espirtu pampa talks about the police station and its surveillance cameras.
There are surveillance cameras at the entrance to the police station. Google Maps
What if Théa had gone to give a statement at the police station?

Oh sorry, the remains have likely been identified as not Theo.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Byron Bay friends of missing man Jackson Stacker grieve after remains found in farmland

Hi everyone, I noticed this comment on this thread and would love to invite anybody to come and take a look into this. Jackson Stacker was 26, his camper van was parked up at Sleepy Hollow rest stop northbound for about a month before a phone enquiry looking to buy the camper van. This promoted a missing persons report by Jackson’s mother, and his remains were found in a property west of the truck stop.

I have made a Thread for Jackson, and would love anyone to come over and start a discussion, Just like it was done for Theo.

thank you and I hope to see you on both Theo’s and Jackson’s thread, we need to keep asking questions! Something doesn’t seem right!

Australia - Jackson Stacker, 26, Sleepy Hollow, 25 August

Hi everyone, I noticed this comment on this thread and would love to invite anybody to come and take a look into this. Jackson Stacker was 26, his camper van was parked up at Sleepy Hollow rest stop northbound for about a month before a phone enquiry looking to buy the camper van. This promoted a missing persons report by Jackson’s mother, and his remains were found in a property west of the truck stop.

I have made a Thread for Jackson, and would love anyone to come over and start a discussion, Just like it was done for Theo.

thank you and I hope to see you on both Theo’s and Jackson’s thread, we need to keep asking questions! Something doesn’t seem right!

Australia - Jackson Stacker, 26, Sleepy Hollow, 25 August

Last night the family posted on Facebook requesting if anyone had any dash cam footage of him at the rest area to please make contact.
More answers are needed.

Hi everyone, I just saw this on google and was wondering if anyone can shed any light on what this means? I saw 1 October (tomorrow) there is a “first directions hearing” for Theo Hayez, but I saw this is in Lidcombe, not in Byron Bay? Is this connected to the inquest? I’m not a lawyer and this stuff I can find confusing i ain’t gonna lie!

Is Theo’s inquest still in Byron at the end on November? If anyone can shed any light on this for me if be grateful! Cheers

Upcoming inquests

Attachments

• F11B7D48-1A37-492B-B27A-62AE8AC15F22.jpeg
    F11B7D48-1A37-492B-B27A-62AE8AC15F22.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
  • F33C29D2-32CF-465C-970F-AB34FE6DE290.jpeg
    F33C29D2-32CF-465C-970F-AB34FE6DE290.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi everyone, I just saw this on google and was wondering if anyone can shed any light on what this means? I saw 1 October (tomorrow) there is a “first directions hearing” for Theo Hayez, but I saw this is in Lidcombe, not in Byron Bay? Is this connected to the inquest? I’m not a lawyer and this stuff I can find confusing i ain’t gonna lie!

Is Theo’s inquest still in Byron at the end on November? If anyone can shed any light on this for me if be grateful! Cheers

Upcoming inquests
Are you kidding wasn’t the inquest supposed to be in November?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap
Back