Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only going on what I know of family members, friends etc. They all refuse to allow their kids to have a Facebook account ultimately for the safety of the kids.

That would be the wise approach, yes! I assume most kids open accounts without their parents knowledge though.

The news about her facebook account being deactivated on the day Tiahleigh went missing is interesting. I'm wondering if she was lured by an online predator? Of course it's just as likely to have been some opportunistic stranger or acquaintance too - I hope there are plenty of electronic clues for police to follow either way. Just because her account was deactivated doesn't mean that police can't access her page and interactions in the lead up to whatever happened.

My Police web site. I hope this is not related.

Man charged with attempting to engage child online for cash
Detective Senior Sergeant Greg Aubort on Nov 9, 2015 @ 4:04pm
Detectives from the Gold Coast CPIU in conjunction with Taskforce Argos have charged a 53-year-old New South Wales man after he allegedly attempted to procure a 14-year-old girl online.

The man had responded to an advertisement and allegedly attempted to pay an amount of money in return for access to a young girl. Taskforce Argos detectives were alerted to the man’s requests and became involved in the investigation.

The man was today arrested by detectives from Gold Coast CPIU at a Gold Coast motel.

He was charged with one count of using internet to procure a child under 16 and was due to appear in Southport Magistrates Court today.

http://cdn.bp.mypolice.qld.gov.au/uploads/2015/11/09/145158_20151109_argos_arrest.mp4

Sounds like Tiahleigh might have really wanted to be with her mum, but little help was there to achieve that.
TIAHLEIGH Palmer’s grandmother warned police they could be facing another Daniel Morcombe case the day before her body was found.Sue Palmer, 64, said a text from her eldest daughter, Tiahleigh’s aunt, last Wednesday had prompted her to call police to convince them that her grand-daughter was more than a “wilful runaway”.
“My daughter had been to the police, she had done all the right things and she was doing what I can’t do – she was scouring the streets,” Ms Palmer said. “I get on to a sergeant and he said I had to ring the 1300 number.
“Then I really went to town on police. I said, ‘do you want another Daniel Morcombe?’.”
The next day a body was discovered on the banks of Pimpama River by fishermen. A day later police confirmed the body was Tiahleigh.
“Why didn’t they go to the mother on Day One? She doesn’t have a car and her partner does shift work.
“She’s pregnant, she has a little baby and a teenager,” Ms Palmer said. “That’s the attitude they have … she’s just a runway. She’s just a wilful girl. Girls are wilful. She will turn up.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...el-morcombe-case/story-fnihsrf2-1227600849739

Also there was mention that she was asking her friends if she could stay the night, so it would make sense that she packed a change, whether she was planning on wagging or not.

Do you have the link to that? I can't find info anywhere saying she asked to stay at a friend's. Though it seems highly likely she did.

Do you have the link to that? I can't find info anywhere saying she asked to stay at a friend's. Though it seems highly likely she did.

On the night she disappeared, Tiahleigh had wanted to stay at the house of a friend – but the friend's mother did not allow it.
The mother has posted about the regret she feels after she didn't let the little girl sleepover.

On the night she disappeared, Tiahleigh had wanted to stay at the house of a friend – but the friend's mother did not allow it.
The mother has posted about the regret she feels after she didn't let the little girl sleepover.

Thank you. That certainly does put a different spin on things. I'd say it greatly increases the chance that she was preyed on by a predator given her obvious desperation to avoid going home. It's possible that she exhausted all the options with friends and so either found somewhere else to stay or was offered, by someone who was clearly untrustworthy.

Thank you. That certainly does put a different spin on things. I'd say it greatly increases the chance that she was preyed on by a predator given her obvious desperation to avoid going home. It's possible that she exhausted all the options with friends and so either found somewhere else to stay or was offered, by someone who was clearly untrustworthy.
What LE need to find out is WHY Tiahleigh didn't want to go home ... no fingers pointed here ... IMO she wanted to be with her Mum. All indications are that she was moving in that direction, and maybe only red tape was stopping her.

Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston says the suspected murder of Brisbane schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer highlights the need for reform to the Child Protection Act.
Ms Johnston says the six-day delay between Tiahleigh's disappearance on October 30 and the police alert would have been due to laws restricting publicity about children in state care.
The 12-year-old's body was discovered on the banks of a Gold Coast river hours after police had issued their alert.
Ms Johnston says the restrictions on carers and parents when a foster child goes missing are actually making them targets for predators.
"They can target these particular kids because they are far more vulnerable than any other and response to their disappearance is less than adequate," she told AAP.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/11/09/07/35/vigil-for-lost-qld-schoolgirl#FmAJgXd8UCJssCk3.99

What a horrible thing to write and I will do so as well as I can. It is possible she fell into a river and if she was carried downstream and decomposing then her clothes would have come off and the backpack also, hence being naked.

I dearly hope this is what happened. Surely the bus companies have cctv and this would be viewed and give an indication as to where she got off the bus. I wonder what time her Facebook was deactivated, first thing in the morning before school or at a later time. There is no mention of a mobile phone I wonder if she had one....

So devastating for her mum and carers who tried their best to love her.

What LE need to find out is WHY Tiahleigh didn't want to go home ... no fingers pointed here ... IMO she wanted to be with her Mum. All indications are that she was moving in that direction, and maybe only red tape was stopping her.

100% agree.
Through my own similar experience as a child at Tiahleigh's age....all I wanted was my mum. I believe Tiahleigh's mum was on track to recovery and red tape was dragging out the process of Tiahleigh being with her mum. Moo. I have studied Behavioural Science and will not go into the field of child protection for reasons of frustration with the system. The system needs a big overhaul and more people with life skills than just a damn text book degree.....
I understand totally if you delete this post Makara, but the system needs changing...

What a horrible thing to write and I will do so as well as I can. It is possible she fell into a river and if she was carried downstream and decomposing then her clothes would have come off and the backpack also, hence being naked.

I dearly hope this is what happened. Surely the bus companies have cctv and this would be viewed and give an indication as to where she got off the bus. I wonder what time her Facebook was deactivated, first thing in the morning before school or at a later time. There is no mention of a mobile phone I wonder if she had one....

The clothing would have to decompose for them to come off. It takes a lot of years before that would happen. If any of her clothing was polyester or some of the newer stuff it would take decades for that to happen. I saw the article about her being found that way, I was thinking maybe the writer of that assumed since her school outfit was missing she was naked. Who knows? I see a lot of discrepancies in between the printed stuff and the facts.

I know what you mean about writing it because I've been trying to word this. Sadly I don't think it would account for it unless there was a particularly turbulent weir or set of rapids she had to pass. If you think back to the poor asylum seeker kids in Greece, who were actually lost at sea & presumably in far rougher waters, those awful photos on the beaches showed them fully clothed - even their shoes were still intact.

While I think it could maybe account for one or two items in very exceptional circumstances, I don't think the motion of a relatively small river like this one could account for all of it - not even if it was in flood or there was a really turbulent weir.

Re verification of her condition when found, I've seen quite a few people say that the very earliest media reports - prior to identification - described a naked, deceased female. They say that following her identification the articles were updated & that detail re absence of clothing was removed.

But it's since been reported again by the ABC, & they're usually pretty accurate
: (

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-...2yo-tiahleigh-palmer-security-cameras/6922926

The clothing would have to decompose for them to come off. It takes a lot of years before that would happen. If any of her clothing was polyester or some of the newer stuff it would take decades for that to happen. I saw the article about her being found that way, I was thinking maybe the writer of that assumed since her school outfit was missing she was naked. Who knows? I see a lot of discrepancies in between the printed stuff and the facts.

Currents and tides and washing up against the shore and rocks can remove clothes.

Currents and tides and washing up against the shore and rocks can remove clothes.

That also takes time, if that was the case the body would be awfully battered. I've seen bodies come out of class 4 rapids fully clothed after three weeks. I don't know how fast the river is there but I don't think that would explain it. MOO

Channel9 just now...

Police divers will return to the site where Tiah was found.

Channel 9 now

Dozens of officers are returning to river today for any additional information.

Police are returning to school today for more info. Prior interviews with the school have been very helpful.

Also....changes to legislation regarding foster children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hashtagzeina