Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if I saw the whole media conference. It cut out just after the spokesman said that they did not know where the story that Tiah's Facebook account had been deactivated that morning had come from.

Wait, so the school didn't contact Tiah's foster parents to let them know she didn't show up for class? Why is it that some schools call the parents when a child doesn't attend to make sure the parent knows, and some do not?

Poss maybe right...Tia might have attended roll call and then disappeared.

God I hope that child wasn't being teased.

Paul Kochu who was missing from Pittsburgh last year and who's body was recovered about 80 miles down river in. W. Va 4 months later was totally unclothed when found and not from decomposition but from current.

He said it was very early days in the investigation, but police were of the belief Tiah’s body was left at the river, just off Kirkin Road North near Jacobs Well, rather than carried downstream from another dumping site.

Police are already looking in to Tiahleigh’s complicated personal life and Detective Superintendent Hutchinson said that included family members.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...tiahleigh-palmer/story-fnihsrf2-1227600227745

For the first time in 2 years I got multi-quote to work on my tablet :ohwow:

I thought this might help re the river/clothing discussions. Turbulent, flooded or big, powerful rivers - like the Ohio River below, can absolutely remove clothing.

Allegheny_Monongahela_Ohio.jpg

The Pimpana doesn't really fall into any of those categories right now though

http://www.alluvium.com.au/Work/Design/Pimpama-River-geomorphology-and-riparian-vegetatio.aspx

Attachments

• 64ee3d0d-7807-48f0-90d1-54464c89a9fb.jpg
    64ee3d0d-7807-48f0-90d1-54464c89a9fb.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 186
No doubt this will be another opportunistic attack from an offender with prior convictions for sexual assault. Probably on parole.

Wait, so the school didn't contact Tiah's foster parents to let them know she didn't show up for class? Why is it that some schools call the parents when a child doesn't attend to make sure the parent knows, and some do not?

I get a text message at 10.30am if my son is marked absent from school and I have not approved it.

MOO!!

With the small amount of time I have had this evening to ponder some possible scenarios as to how Tiahleigh met her fate, one thing is for sure.....there is little we know and conflicting reports of when she was last seen.
One thing does stand out to me - the location Tiahleigh was found. This area has to be known to the person who left her there, I don't believe Tiahleigh was randomly placed there. It is a secluded area, someone knew that....moo.
Now....did Tiahleigh wag school and meet with someone she already knew....trusted...who obviously had a vehicle? Or was this an opportunistic abduction? So much to ponder with so little we know.....

Process of elimination is what will solve this case ...imo

Paul Kochu who was missing from Pittsburgh last year and who's body was recovered about 80 miles down river in. W. Va 4 months later was totally unclothed when found and not from decomposition but from current.

You can not compare 4 months to a week, in this case. After 4 months a body is considerable decomposed to not have much or any flesh left on it, making it easy for clothes to slip off. In this case however, her body was in early decomposition and likely bloated, making it actually harder for any clothing to slip off. Sorry to be graphic.

A heart felt message from Tiahleigh's school. :thinking:

Tiahleigh Palmer
7/11/2015
​On behalf of the Marsden SHS community, we would like to offer our condolences to Tiahleigh Palmer’s family and friends. Tia was an enthusiastic and friendly student who will be greatly missed. School will be operating with normal classes on Monday, with support for students and staff available. If individuals or families require any assistance over the weekend we would encourage them to contact Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

https://marsdenshs.eq.edu.au/Pages/default.aspx

'It was so hard for her, she had a very screwed up life in the foster system.
'I'd tell her than sometimes the grass isn't always greener, but she could never settle. She had a lot of issues.

'She was no angel but no child is. She was my devil. She was Tia and I wouldn't want her any other way.
'Miss Tia had a mind of her own as 12 year olds do,' Ms Pemberton told Daily Mail Australia.
'She was a gorgeous girl, she really was. A wild horse – you might have been able to tame her but could never have broke her. She had a lovely spirit that kid.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...leigh-Palmer-12-body-river.html#ixzz3r7YXZL3p
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I get a text message at 10.30am if my son is marked absent from school and I have not approved it.

MOO!!

Same here with my children's high schools. My son's school goes an extra step and sends a text even if you have contacted them asking you to call them if you didn't contact them (in case the student called or sent the text or email themself).

I think notification is up to each school. I know their old primary school didn't text (years ago) and all you do was send in a note to the teacher when they returned a day or two later.

Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer: Police may never know how she died
November 11, 2015 1:00am
Jeremy Pierce, Sarah Vogler, Jason Tin and AAP
The Courier-Mail

'[C]rucial evidence from post mortem examinations may still be weeks or months away and may not ever reveal how the young girl died.

Police and SES officers are today searching land around Marsden State School, hunting for clues in the suspected murder.

Police said today’s search of areas around the school wasn’t the result of any specific intelligence.'

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...now-how-she-died/story-fntwpug1-1227603910660

This poor girl. Having once worked in the foster system, I must spare a thought for the caseworker as well. In an ideal world that person should have had a good working relationship with TP. But in reality these people are very overworked; not just in Queensland. That's why a lot is left up to the foster carers, which is unfair also.

JMO but I doubt very much that her clothes would have come off in the water. She had many reasons to suicide. Maybe she stripped off and simply jumped in the river after somehow getting there. However police are saying it is homocide. It is all so very sad. There are so many troubled young people out there without the support and understanding they need - and not just in foster care.

Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer: Police may never know how she died
November 11, 2015 1:00am
Jeremy Pierce, Sarah Vogler, Jason Tin and AAP
The Courier-Mail

'[C]rucial evidence from post mortem examinations may still be weeks or months away and may not ever reveal how the young girl died.

Police and SES officers are today searching land around Marsden State School, hunting for clues in the suspected murder.

Police said today’s search of areas around the school wasn’t the result of any specific intelligence.'

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...now-how-she-died/story-fntwpug1-1227603910660

I'm no doctor of forensics but remembering the Allison Baden-Clay and Jill Meager threads there will be certain tell tail signs of how little Tiahliegh died.

Like when Allison was found in water, forensics will be able to say if she drowned or died beforehand. With Jill Meagher forensics were able to tell that Jill was strangled because of a bone in the neck that usually breaks due to the constraint and most recently they could tell how Karlie died so many years ago.

I have a feeling our wonderful Police Force will come up trumps for Tiahleigh as well especially when she was in the water for only 6 days. (Allegedly MOOO)

it's wonderful to see some old friends here for Tiahliegh

:grouphug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug:

The report was that the body was badly decomposed so in that case it is highly probable that the clothes came off in the water (snagged on branches maybe). As it was they couldn't even identify the gender initially....

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...of-chambers-flat/story-fnje8bkv-1227598194005
"Local fishermen alerted police about 5.15pm after discovering the corpse in the river.
Investigators were last night unable to determine the gender of the body, which was badly decomposed."

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/11/09/pupils-may-hold-clues-in-qld-murder-probe.html
Here it details her body was found along the same river as where she was last but 30km away. This tells me she was carried by the currents (or whatever the river term is).

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...2a35b2b77f400!2m2!1d153.3326201!2d-27.7960922
Here is a map of the area. Skimming along the Chambers Flat Road and Muchow Road is the Logan River. The river twists and turns a lot (which makes me think her backpack and dress are snagged in reeds somewhere). It comes out to Jacobs Well which is almost where Tia's body is found.

If she was murdered and dumped near where her body was found it would not be as badly decomposed as has been reported...

It doesn't appear she got on a bus otherwise that would have been a big clue (and all buses have cctv). If she met someone I think she would of told people. Something happened that morning that caused her to want to stay elsewhere (I remember reading she had asked a friends who's mother said no).... and I think she went down to the creek and fell in for some reason.

That's just my opinion.

If she was murdered and dumped near where her body was found it would not be as badly decomposed as has been reported...

snipped me by

Sorry I don't understand this sentence. What does being murdered and dumped got to do with speed of decomp? You seem to say that being n the river for a week accelerated her decomposition and therefore rules out murder? :waitasec:

I'm not sure how to reply to parts of a post.

Regarding the Logan and Pimpama rivers - they don't connect. Which leads me to believe someone was familiar with this or some parts of the Pimpama river; I myself wondered why Tialeigh was not taken to the Logan river as it is closer to where she went missing. However, that is not always necessarily the way it goes.

The report was that the body was badly decomposed so in that case it is highly probable that the clothes came off in the water (snagged on branches maybe). As it was they couldn't even identify the gender initially....

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...of-chambers-flat/story-fnje8bkv-1227598194005
"Local fishermen alerted police about 5.15pm after discovering the corpse in the river.
Investigators were last night unable to determine the gender of the body, which was badly decomposed."

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/11/09/pupils-may-hold-clues-in-qld-murder-probe.html
Here it details her body was found along the same river as where she was last but 30km away. This tells me she was carried by the currents (or whatever the river term is).

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...2a35b2b77f400!2m2!1d153.3326201!2d-27.7960922
Here is a map of the area. Skimming along the Chambers Flat Road and Muchow Road is the Logan River. The river twists and turns a lot (which makes me think her backpack and dress are snagged in reeds somewhere). It comes out to Jacobs Well which is almost where Tia's body is found.

It doesn't appear she got on a bus otherwise that would have been a big clue (and all buses have cctv). If she met someone I think she would of told people. Something happened that morning that caused her to want to stay elsewhere (I remember reading she had asked a friends who's mother said no).... and I think she went down to the creek and fell in for some reason.

That's just my opinion.

I think I will correct myself.... because I thought Tia was found near Jacobs Well but looking at the waterway and the actual location she was found discounts my theory. If she fell in to Logan Creek and came out to Jacobs which is the out point of Logan Creek there is no feasible way she floated to Pimpama Creek as the map shows very narrow waterways and Woogoompah Island in the way...

But the level of decomposition and the initial reports of being naked does make me wonder.... Time will tell, I hope.

snipped me by

Sorry I don't understand this sentence. What does being murdered and dumped got to do with speed of decomp? You seem to say that being n the river for a week accelerated her decomposition and therefore rules out murder? :waitasec:

Yes my belief is being in a river and floating with the current and hitting tree branches, rocks etc will create wounds that would accelerate decomposition. Being placed in a waterway with little movement would not have the same effect.

That's where I am coming from with that thinking.

Just marking my place for tomorrow. Goodnight all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic