Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent and Julene took out 1st Place in 'The Parent & Child Riding Event' at the Brisbane Royal Show in 2011. see
http://www.horsedeals.com.au/index....o-you-by-Ariat-Just-Country-Australia-Pty-Ltd

The historical details tab on Julene's now cancelled ABN (http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=21258663791) gives her main business location from 1st January 2003 to 1st November 2010 as Victoria - postcode 3658 (which is BROADFORD, CLONBINANE, FLOWERDALE, HAZELDENE, REEDY CREEK, STRATH CREEK, SUGARLOAF CREEK, SUNDAY CREEK, TYAAK, WATERFORD PARK) and the Trading name at that time as being 'DOGGIE TUCKER N STUFF BROADFORD OFF ROAD FUN KART HIRE'. Her registered main business location from 1st November 2010 to 14 June 2013 (when her ABN was cancelled) was Queensland - postcode 4133 which of course is Chambers Flat, Waterford etc.

RT also has a Twitter account - https://twitter.com/sixtymodle. Joined Twitter October 2011 (in Queensland then). Lists himself as 'truck driver and limo driver'. Tweets about a long haul truck drive from Melbourne to Brisbane in Dec 2012. Tweet on 21 April 2014 - "good day at gym doing physio getting back into shape hopefully back will hold up" (so back injury sustained sometime before that it seems)

<modsnip>

six degrees of separation ......from Waterford Park also is recently arrested Gregory Keith Davies.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...r/news-story/1c59dc4508b341474473ce6042a2be37

EDIT sorry - behind a paywall. Just google Kylie Maybury.

Gregory Davies had lived in Waterford Park for 20 years - so since 1996.

When you quote a post always make sure that the text you're quoting is wrapped within both quote tags. One at the beginning of the text and the other at the end of the text like so.
{text}[/quote]

Sometimes the / in the end quote tag and/or the brackets are inadvertently chopped off when editing and the quoted post doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

from page 68 "On Friday, 30 October 2015, investigations commenced into Tiahleigh’s disappearance. At approximately 4pm, the QPS unsuccessfully attempted to contact the office of Tiahleigh’s school by telephone.
The QPS contacted Tiahleigh’s carers, who advised of possible sightings of her. The carers also provided the QPS with information about contact they already had with school friends and students in an attempt to try to find her."

grr!

http://www.dogwebs.net/kennel.asp?kennel=chidob+
Our History JULENE AND RICK PURCHASED AND STARTED SHOWING OUR FIRST DOBERMANN IN 1991 WHEN WE LIVED IN BRISBANE . IN JANUARY OF 1999 WE MOVED TO VICTORIA

Thanks inkpink. Have traced JT via a Genealogy website to a property at Wandong, Victoria (which is 20km south of Broadford) as an 18 - 19 year old (listed on 1980 Electoral Roll) - living with her parents presumably? (same last name, and no, its obviously not her married surname of Thorburn). Her occupation was listed as ‘Stable hand’, so looks like she has been around horses much if not all her life.
So, Julene grew up near Broadford, Victoria. Couldn’t find any listing on the 1980 Electoral Roll for a RT (still in NZ?). She met / married RT sometime before 1991 if they lived together in Brisbane in 1991. Had two sons in 1995 – 1997 period (if they are their biological children). Moved back to Victoria (in same area where Julene grew up) in January 1999. Appear to have been in Broadford area still to late 2010, and then went back to Brisbane area (Chambers Flat) late 2010

I've read it twice....its a good report, if the problem had been the delay in notification of Tia missing.. Of course, that wasn't the problem as , I suppose, Qld knows by now.. nothing in the report focused on why the child would be absconding , the many reasons that could provoke that, and , I regret to inform, nothing about deeper and more stringent checks on what constitutes the foster carer's immediate family, that is, who else is living at home with mum and dad and with whom the foster child is expected to be a sister of and to....... that disappointed me, big time.

I am a bit puzzled, perhaps without foundation, as to why the school, Marsden, didn't raise a few eyebrows , blow a bit of a whistle on the situation for a foster child in the Thorburn home.... 2 grown sons , at home, lolling about. ... surely if anyone could appreciate the potential for high drama in that context, they would, one would think.

I've read it twice....its a good report, if the problem had been the delay in notification of Tia missing.. Of course, that wasn't the problem as , I suppose, Qld knows by now.. nothing in the report focused on why the child would be absconding , the many reasons that could provoke that, and , I regret to inform, nothing about deeper and more stringent checks on what constitutes the foster carer's immediate family, that is, who else is living at home with mum and dad and with whom the foster child is expected to be a sister of and to....... that disappointed me, big time.

yes, I skim read it and I felt like it had the air of closing the stable door after the horse had bolted. Surely more can be done prior to vulnerable children running away - like rigorous background checks of foster families and more appropriate placements??

Boy oh boy.
I'm only a few pages in.

"There was a delay in issuing a media release requesting public information into Tiahleigh&#8217;s disappearance.
While attempts to locate Tiahleigh continued, the QPS negotiated with Child Safety Services for consent for
the media release. Confusion and misinformation about who had authority to release the information caused
some delays. The delay highlights the procedural and practice inconsistencies across multiple agencies in
understanding how to respond when a child is missing from out-of-home care. When a child is missing delays
need to be resolved as quickly as possible"

Bull. It's an existing written protocol.

Notice no legislation changes are recommended. Just a change of attitude.

from page 68 "On Friday, 30 October 2015, investigations commenced into Tiahleigh&#8217;s disappearance. At approximately 4pm, the QPS unsuccessfully attempted to contact the office of Tiahleigh&#8217;s school by telephone.
The QPS contacted Tiahleigh&#8217;s carers, who advised of possible sightings of her. The carers also provided the QPS with information about contact they already had with school friends and students in an attempt to try to find her."

grr!

this is the day after the night Rick , or Trent, or both, have murdered her. In their own home. And taken her to the riverbank and dumped her body, and have been frantically burning stuff and cleaning stuff all night.. and they are so cool, so collected they pull of this yarn and no one , no single soul picks up on any nervousness or oddness about them... they play it picture perfect, not a slipup, not a mistake, not a tiny error, nothing...

it was nothing!!.. merely cleaning up a bit of a problem, ..

The (3 ITEMS) were (1) Burnt mobile phone (2) Diary belonging to Tiah? (3) A piece of burnt carpet and there was burnt material found as well on 7NEWS last night. Sorry, I don't know how to add links for these yet!

Was this actually on 7NEWS or A Current Affair on Channel 9. It would be helpful if you could post a link.

yes, I skim read it and I felt like it had the air of closing the stable door after the horse had bolted. Surely more can be done prior to vulnerable children running away - like rigorous background checks of foster families and more appropriate placements??

I suppose once the Thorburns were charged with their interesting collection of indictments, not the least among those, the actual murder of Tiah.... this report becomes redundant, in so many ways.. certainly, another report will have to be done and investigations into the criteria and procedure of procuring foster carer's is in for a forensic eyeballing by the best Qld has to offer.

[/B]

BBM, Yes they have come undone, it's just a pity they raped and murdered a child for that to happen and goodness knows what else they have done on their path of vileness?

Just going by earlier posts that this isn't a 'relationship' between a 12 year old child and an 18 year old 'adult'. It also isn't 'rape'. It is pedophilia....and this child was sexually assaulted by an adult...

Just a few thoughts - Interesting that someone who had a back injury which prevented/ limited him from working, was able to carry and dump a dead body.

Another thought - if this was a missing wife, and the last person confirmed to have seen her alive was her husband dropping her off at the shops/ outside her work, everyone reading the first media releases would have solved the case within seconds. RT was very lucky to be able to buy some time, because people accepted that hey, kids wag school sometimes, plus he had the bonus of suggestible teenagers claiming to have seen Tiah that day. Very thankful that the police clearly suspected the family from the start and managed to keep their suspicions under wraps while they continued their investigation.

And... when Tiah was approaching the parents of friends etc, saying she was unhappy and she wanted to leave, it really jumps out at me that nobody sat her down and said "Why? What is happening that is making you unhappy?"

Especially when that foster mother was telling people that Tiah was a liar when she hadn't actually said anything except that she was unhappy.

this is the day after the night Rick , or Trent, or both, have murdered her. In their own home. And taken her to the riverbank and dumped her body, and have been frantically burning stuff and cleaning stuff all night.. and they are so cool, so collected they pull of this yarn and no one , no single soul picks up on any nervousness or oddness about them... they play it picture perfect, not a slipup, not a mistake, not a tiny error, nothing...

it was nothing!!.. merely cleaning up a bit of a problem, ..

anyone know what the scheduled appointment was that Julene was supposed to pick Tiahleigh up from school at lunch time? Was it a doctors appointment, perhaps Julene thought it was called for after events earlier that week? Morning after pill.. or birth control.. she is an enabler after all

It would be classified as pedophilia as she was a 12 year old child and he was 18 years old.

if pedantry is the go, then actually, it would be classified as hebephilia. ( I owe this gem to a brilliant poster who's name I regretfully have forgotten.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

but in any case, the charge is incest, which has inbuilt components of rape, and hebephilia and pedophilia well covered.

I do hope the good Qld Detectives are not letting Rick have a weekend lazing about in Arthur Gorrie, regaining strength and purpose... that would be highly incorrect.. . never mind the overtime, QPS.

Would a forensic pathologist be able to give a semi precise day of death?

One thing I noticed was early reports before identification were quite graphic in the level of decomposition and the fact she was naked or at least semi clothed.
Once she was formally IDed it was all sanitised in reports. There was no "panic theres a raping child killer out there"

So would it ever be possible to know if she died on or before the 30 October?

She still could have been alive and been killed on the 31st October etc. I'm not an expert enough. Maybe one of you can chime in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMsleuth1027