Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so they are still put on a child offender register. regardless...it isn't statutory rape or a 'relationship'...

IMO Rape is any type of sexual assault that isn't consensual. In Tiah's case my opinion is she was more than likely raped because of creepy dude/s touching her inappropriately, and she had confided about that and the whole situation IMO was freaking her out.

Sexual assault
Sexual assault includes rape, incest, child abuse, and unwanted sexual behaviour, for example, unwanted kissing and touching.

It also includes behaviour that does not involve actual touching. For example, forcing someone to watch *advertiser censored* or masturbation is also sexual assault.

Sexual offences are serious crimes. Maximum penalties are between five and 25 years in prison.
https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/sex-and-law/sexual-assault

Excellent sleuthing going on here.
The picture emerging of this family, in my own mind, is one whose members are opportunistic and aspirational.

Reading the government report I can't help feeling sad---the expected "this should have happened but it didn't" and as Trooper said it will have to be re-done with the focus on the processes around the carers. As well they should since as it happened the carer used the holes in the foster system to almost get away with murder. The biggest weakness is, of course, nobody wants to be accountable.
Saying that, the only ones truly accountable are the murderers and those who covered for them.

Sexual assault
Sexual assault includes rape, incest, child abuse, and unwanted sexual behaviour, for example, unwanted kissing and touching.

It also includes behaviour that does not involve actual touching. For example, forcing someone to watch *advertiser censored* or masturbation is also sexual assault.

Sexual offences are serious crimes. Maximum penalties are between five and 25 years in prison.
https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/sex-and-law/sexual-assault
Nobody is challenging any of that.

What else would you call an adult forcing themselves onto a child then?

um...don't mind me...i just seem to be the anti-pedophile/hebophile/freakphile nazi here...nothing to see here...move on...

Sorry ~ but, i don't think there would be many parents of young children who would think that an Adult having sex with a Child is just considered 'rape' (including the law)

https://www.alrc.gov.au/publication...al-offences-against-children-and-young-people

Well in Tiah's case it wasn't just rape but murder as well. That poor child. Why didn't they just give her back to her mother. What's it going to take for the stupid Govt.'s to change the corrupt system, how many more children have to be abused and murdered before the whole corrupt system is torn down? It's beyond sickening IMO and affects so many people on so many levels. A child should never be placed in such a vulnerable situation ever.

Putting aside the grammatically correct terms - we can all agree that colloquially "adult who does anything sexual to a child" = "paedophile" = "paedo".

And surely we can agree we are all anti-paedophile ..

Putting aside the grammatically correct terms - we can all agree that colloquially "adult who does anything sexual to a child" = "paedophile" = "paedo".

And surely we can agree we are all anti-paedophile ..
Indeed.

Are you implying I am "pro-pedophile"? Ffs

Really? Is that what you got from what I was saying?? Seriously wondering if this forum was what i thought it was originally...ok..let me spell this out slowly ~ my original posts (have a look at those) were about the terminology that was being used and diminishing the apparent atrocities against this Child (12 years old). Adults (18+) have (or what appears to be) taken her innocence in more than one way. diminishing what happened to this little girl by using terms that are incorrect, inaccurate and offensive are upsetting. We all live in a world that has good and evil. Children, sadly, are victimised by adults in horrific ways. It is important to remember that this is abnormal and not to be confused with what happens to adults (different level of abnormal). That is all I am saying...Child sexual assault is the term coined by professionals in the industry for a reason ~ to separate it from adult sexual assault...Pedophiles/hebophiles/whateverphiles are committing atrocious acts against Minors. Not to be confused with Adults...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...r-tiahleigh-palmer-clues-20160924-grnp7i.html

"Forensic officers have spent another day scouring the property of Tiahleigh Palmer's accused killer.

They are searching the Chambers Flat acreage for any evidence in relation to Tiahleigh's death, including her backpack and school uniform.

Forensic officers were seen removing items on Saturday but it appears nothing of major significance has been found at the property where the 12-year-old lived with her foster family, the Thorburns, until she disappeared last October."

Do we actually know exactly what all the charges against those freaks are yet? We know murder is definitely going to be a charge, but has anyone seen any other forthcoming charges in the death of Tiah?

Really? Is that what you got from what I was saying?? Seriously wondering if this forum was what i thought it was originally...ok..let me spell this out slowly ~ my original posts (have a look at those) were about the terminology that was being used and diminishing the apparent atrocities against this Child (12 years old). Adults (18+) have (or what appears to be) taken her innocence in more than one way. diminishing what happened to this little girl by using terms that are incorrect, inaccurate and offensive are upsetting. We all live in a world that has good and evil. Children, sadly, are victimised by adults in horrific ways. It is important to remember that this is abnormal and not to be confused with what happens to adults. That is all I am saying...Child sexual assault is the term coined by professionals in the industry for a reason ~ to separate it from adult sexual assault...Pedophiles/hebophiles/whateverphiles are committing atrocious acts against Minors. Not to be confused with Adults...
I'm not interested in discussing it anymore. I apologise if I offended you by correcting the wording. Cheers

http://www.smh.com.au/national/carr...tiahleigh-palmers-murder-20160921-grkx3f.html

"As Richard Thorburn helped to carry the small white coffin of his 12-year-old foster daughter Tiahleigh Palmer at her funeral, he also carried the weight of a dark secret that would begin to unravel almost a year later, police allege.

The chain of events that led Mr Thorburn and hundreds of mourners, many wearing Tiahleigh's favourite colour purple, to the small church in Cornubia south of Brisbane that spring Saturday afternoon last year were as shocking and disturbing as they were mystifying."

Do we actually know exactly what all the charges against those freaks are yet? We know murder is definitely going to be a charge, but has anyone seen any other forthcoming charges in the death of Tiah?

so far.. its two counts of perjury, and one of perverting the course of justice, for old Julene.
............one count of perjury, and one count of perverting the course of justice for Josh.
............two counts of perjury, and one ( I think ) count of perverting the course of justice and incest for Trent. ( as is usual in the charge of incest, a precise number of outrages are not specified, merely the fact of it occurring.at this point in time.

One count of murder against Rick. I suppose he is also to be charged with perjury and perverting the course of justice also, but the murder charge takes precedence.

There isn't any reason to suppose that these will be the only charges. These are the charges laid against the perpetrators so far, and there would be nothing unusual in a whole slew of other charges, same charges but more of them, and charges of common pursuit of a crime, as well as individual charges of the same crime to come in the ensuing weeks. Once Rick gets to talking , its open slather, and the leaning on Julene, Trent and Josh has not even begun to get serious by the Q police, is how I see it..

Rick T - Murder; Interfering with a corpse
Julene T - Perjury; Perverting the course of justice
Josh T - Perjury; Perverting the course of justice
Trent T - Incest; Perjury; Perverting the course of justice

Might have missed one for Rick...

Fred and Rose aka Rick and Julene actually must have seemed like Gods gifts to a Foster Care system strained at the seams.
A jolly horsey Equestrian mum, a caring husband supportive of his family.....from an outsiders perspective would look a nice Middle class family........

Rick T - Murder; Interfering with a corpse
Julene T - Perjury; Perverting the course of justice
Josh T - Perjury; Perverting the course of justice
Trent T - Incest; Perjury; Perverting the course of justice

Might have missed one for Rick...

I forgot the interference with a corpse.. apologies!!.... I hope that charge isn't dropped as the trial goes on. It often is, and I disagree that it is even considered being dropped , much less actually dropped, it is just wrong, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member